PDA

View Full Version : Request-Red dye Roams

eliad91
03-04-2008, 13:16
Hey guys,I'm new here ^^
I just wanted to ask if anyone know any mod that change the clothes of the roamni into red(like in Vanilla or RTR) ?
if not,can anyone please mod this to me,I'll greatly appreciate this :sweatdrop:
Cheers :2thumbsup:

Hooahguy
03-04-2008, 16:40
i think you have to change the unit model, which, AFAIK, is a pain in the a**....
my advice: dont bother with it.....

Gebeleisis
03-04-2008, 17:05
romans will become more and more "red" as you get the polybian reforms then marian etc:2thumbsup:

Ludens
03-04-2008, 19:34
i think you have to change the unit model, which, AFAIK, is a pain in the a**....
Not but the model; you have to redo the skin. However, you are right on the other thing: this is a time-consuming job that requires special software, so I am afraid noone is going to do it.

Lysander13
03-04-2008, 20:31
Hey guys,I'm new here ^^
I just wanted to ask if anyone know any mod that change the clothes of the roamni into red(like in Vanilla or RTR) ?
if not,can anyone please mod this to me,I'll greatly appreciate this :sweatdrop:
Cheers :2thumbsup:
You could of course just use the Roman units for your own personal use from RTR, Vanilla RTW, various skinpacks such as KLA units or Ferres Legions I believe it's called over at TWC?, or any mod for that matter that may have Roman units your fond of.You would just swap so to speak the current units for the one's you want to use. I suppose it could be a little tricky if your not sure on how to do this, especially within the EB data folder but I assure you it really isn't all that difficult. Just head over to the Scriptorium and read the adding units tutorial there and allow compensation for the fact that the instructions provided there are for the original RTW data folder and not a modification contained within it's own "mod-folder". Also allow compensation for the fact that your not exactly looking to add new units but seeking to swap out currently existing ones.

eliad91
03-07-2008, 12:28
Thanks for the comments,peeps :)
I suck at scripting/modding etc etc :P i guess I'll keep them like that.
last question:There is a way or a mod that makes the unit cheaper to recruit in the champaign ?

Ludens
03-08-2008, 20:00
last question:There is a way or a mod that makes the unit cheaper to recruit in the champaign ?
Sure. You'll need to go the [R:TW folder]\EB\data and open export_descr_unit.txt. The number you are looking for is the second number in the stat_cost entry.

eliad91
03-10-2008, 20:33
Sure. You'll need to go the [R:TW folder]\EB\data and open export_descr_unit.txt. The number you are looking for is the second number in the stat_cost entry.
Many thanks!