PDA

View Full Version : Noobish modding problem...

Aper
03-08-2008, 19:27
Hi all dear EB team and fans! I'm a long-time lurker :embarassed: but finally I decided to redeem myself so here my first topic... a help request! :2thumbsup:
I'm trying to change hypaspistai in a phalanx unit like pezethairoi, only with
short_pike instead of the long ones. I have modified the EDU, and the descr_model_battle skeleton entry, but the texture of the new secondary weapon (the sword) is wrong, they still seem to use a spear... but with the swordmen animation... What do I have to do to fix the wrong texture??
Thanx for help and thanx to the team for the mod, an elephant to everyone!:elephant:

Watchman
03-08-2008, 21:18
You'd have to change the model and probably the texture too to move the spear into the primary weapon slot, AFAIK.

Sort of a stillborn idea I'm afraid.

Aper
03-08-2008, 22:16
Stillborn? :embarassed:I don't know what does this means...:embarassed:

Well, about the idea, I tought that the quick flanking ones are the pheraspidai, right? So the main duty of the hypaspistai should be hold the right flank of the pezethairoi, and it seems more logical to me do this in "phalanx" formation IMHO. Don't want to criticize EB team work, only my personal taste...:2thumbsup:

However thanx for help, I'll check more deeply the tutorials in the scriptorium to learn how to modify textures...

Watchman
03-08-2008, 22:29
You try being quick in as much ironmongery as the Pheras wear... :sweatdrop:
Nah, they're more like siege assault troops. The Hypaspistai are the same guys in their normal battlefield all-purpose hoplitesque kit. Making them phalangites would sort of defeat their purpose a bit, since then their unwieldy phalanx would need cover for its vulnerable flanks too no ? ~;)

Aper
03-08-2008, 23:14
Mmm, about the Pheras, you have a point :surrender2:
Regarding Hypas you are right, however I didn't wanted to give them the sarissa, but to keep the more easy to handle doru thanx to the short_pike attribute... As an enthusiastic user of TWFanatic's mod I like to see my Royal Foot Guard to fight in a more "tight, orderly formation" instead of "like an unorganized rabble" :laugh4:

Watchman
03-08-2008, 23:25
Use the guard mode then. Short_pike has... issues, and an unit in the phalanx formation is clumsy and unwieldy regardless of the lenght of the spears anyway.