PDA

View Full Version : Why dont you make a little bigger the map and ...

eddy_purpus
03-10-2008, 03:55
add a little more factions ?
and make units a little less expensive :S
its to much money to recruit a whole army :S

well make it bigger .
so India China and other countries can be at the game :P
and half Africa . . .
i dont know it would be great .

antisocialmunky
03-10-2008, 04:16
You do realize that China would totally win, right?

eddy_purpus
03-10-2008, 04:24
:P not if you know how to command an army ( i know that the chinesse are big in number , but it would add flavor to the game )
do you imagine a war between China And India .
two big powers from that time . . .
it would be awesome :)

Edvard0

Watchman
03-10-2008, 09:20
Period China would require a game all of its own anyway. They were still busy playing Warring States with chariots and whatnot in the fertile, densely populated eastern parts of the land. The eastern bits were and are arid semi-desert at the time mostly populated by hardy nomads - the province of Xiyu in the far east of the EB1 map, the westernmost part of the Tarim Basin, is fairly illustrative as to what better part of western China and the Tibetan plateau look like.

Plus the whole area is fookin huge. You'd need to around double the size of the map to fit it in, and since the number of provinces is limited...

India conversely has around as much sheer landmass as the whole European subcontinent, and no less regional geographic variation. It was also rather geographically isolated from the rest of Eurasia for the most part - there's the Himalayas, a fair bit of rainforest and the rugged Tibetan highlands separating it from China, for example.

I'd recommend looking at an atlas first before flying off the handle with such grandiose visions in the future. ~;)

Hax
03-10-2008, 12:06
No.

1) 199 provinces limit
2) China was infighting at that time
3) No African factions. That has been said, which has to do with the 7 cultures limit.

Leviathan DarklyCute
03-10-2008, 13:08
3) No African factions. That has been said, which has to do with the 7 cultures limit.
No way. Numidia MUST be in

The General
03-10-2008, 13:39
No way. Numidia MUST be in
It could, of course, share the Qart-Hadast/Sab'yn culture... <.< >.>

Because yeah, gief Numidia. I never really played it in the original RTW, though, but then again, I really didn't play the original RTW much at all, either.

Hax
03-10-2008, 14:47
Numidia is being discussed, although they are a North African faction, Semitic actually.

General Appo
03-10-2008, 19:50
It has been hinted that two new Semitic (Culture used by Karth-Hadast and Sab&#180;yn) factions are going to be in EB2, and since both Mer&#246;e and Axum and been confirmed not parts of the game, I think we can say with some clearity that there are going to be at least on Numidian-like faction. There might even be two, as I don&#180;t see what other semitic ones there could be, unless they add a Libyan/Garamantine or some other Arabian faction, but that doesn&#180;t seem likely to me.

Mithridates VI Eupator
03-11-2008, 15:39
I agree. Two Numidian-ish factions would make most sense, however, one can not be certain. Both the Nabateans and Charakene would fit into this culture group, although I'm not really sure of their situation, politics-wise, in 272 B.C.
Still, I believe that the Numidians had a greater impact on history as a whole than the other two. Also, in my opinion, the western half of the map needs some more factions. Thus, I would probably like to see two north-west african factions more, even though both Charakene and Nabatea sure would be fun too.
However, I have mentioned this earlier in other threads, so enough on this.
I shall try not to speculate to much on what will be in the mod, but rather wait patiently for it to arrive, so that I can experience it first-hand!