PDA

View Full Version : Blood, Sweat and Grime question.

russia almighty
03-16-2008, 18:06
You guys going to make battles bloodier; or, is the bloodiness and dirtiness going to stay about the same?

antisocialmunky
03-16-2008, 21:50
You should clarify your question by what you're comparing dirtiness and bloddiness to. EBI, M2TW.. etc?

Hax
03-16-2008, 22:50
I think he means EB1.

Well, seeing that this does add realism, I think they would include *some* blood and grime. Don't expect true hack&slash game blood and gore, but I think there will be a bit of blood.

General Appo
03-17-2008, 17:10
I want to see rivers of blood, let my Roman Legions bathe in the blood of barbarians and wade through oceans of blood as they burn the city´s of Graecia and the Poeni! Mohahahah!!!!
Seriously, they´ve got to include some blood.

Hax
03-17-2008, 23:55
...yes...well.

Go play Soldier of Fortune.

DefenderofFuture
05-10-2008, 05:06
I would imagine blood was sort of a (pardon the expression) "hit or miss" thing in battles. I mean, there was probably plenty of it, but you weren't guaranteed to decapitate an enemy. Considering how troublesome the process was when someone was sitting STILL (for executions), dismemberment couldn't have been easy to pull off in one swing. From what I can tell, it seems like most of the TRUE gory-ness of the ancient world came AFTER battle, what with the defiling of enemies, and the subsequent raping/tossing babies off ramparts...

Cartaphilus
05-10-2008, 09:06
About some great ancient battles, for example the battle of Chalons (Campi Catalaunici), the historians (Jordanes) wrote how the blood ran like torrents. But we really don't know if it was true or a literary motif.

But I vote for the blood and the carnage!

The Persian Cataphract
05-11-2008, 19:23
All I am going to say is that we have no plans to make battles look like child's play. Expect that much.

The General
05-11-2008, 20:19
All I am going to say is that we have no plans to make battles look like child's play. Expect that much.
:jumping: