PDA

View Full Version : No Battlefield Borders/Unit Indicator Arrows

socal_infidel
03-22-2008, 20:44
Finally started playing EB 1.0 after working on my mod for awhile. Two minor things really annoyed me about the battles (1) the bright glowing battlefield borders and (2) the unit indicator arrows that show if you've selected a unit that's offscreen.

Everyone knows that in antiquity the field of battle was marked beforehand with a glowing red chalk powder like a football field:laugh4: Really kills immersion for me.

So I got rid of them. Now you can really enjoy EB's gorgeous scenery as you chase routers off the field!

If anyone's interested, I uploaded the two files removing the borders and arrows to Filefront - Download Link (http://files.filefront.com/EB+NO+BORDERSzip/;9869445;/fileinfo.html).

Simply extract the .zip file to the EB directory.

Word of warning - this will overwrite EB's #unit_indicator_arrow.tga, so if you want it back at some point, back it up!

Here's some pics showing some routing units being chased off the battlefield with no borders showing:

https://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9751/0002ig6.jpg
https://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4508/0003wh5.jpg

Oh and thanks to EB's developers for making such a kick-ass mod!:2thumbsup: Cheers!

TWFanatic
03-27-2008, 16:09
Funny, those red borders dissapeared for me and I want them back on! Does anyone know how?

cheers

socal_infidel
03-27-2008, 16:16
Funny, those red borders dissapeared for me and I want them back on! Does anyone know how?

cheers

Just delete the battlefield_border.tga.dds file in the EB/textures folder! I suppose you wouldn't be interested in a mini-mod removing strat_map borders then would you?:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

ombudsman
03-27-2008, 21:27
Just delete the battlefield_border.tga.dds file in the EB/textures folder! I suppose you wouldn't be interested in a mini-mod removing strat_map borders then would you?:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

thx for this socal infidel, am liking it alot! and what is the the strat_map borders btw?

socal_infidel
03-27-2008, 23:39
thx for this socal infidel, am liking it alot! and what is the the strat_map borders btw?

Cool! Glad you like it! Makes battles better IMO.

Oh, and I've been tinkering around with my mod for M2TW and have removed the province borders you see on the map. So the map is free of those grey border lines for rebel province and coloured lines showing faction province borders. Makes the game more...shall we say, interesting now knowing where one province begins and one province ends. But visually I like it a lot better. You can take in the map in all its glory!:laugh4:

Not a RTW modder, but I imagine something similar would be possible for EB.

Cheers!

ombudsman
03-28-2008, 23:45
Cool! Glad you like it! Makes battles better IMO.

Oh, and I've been tinkering around with my mod for M2TW and have removed the province borders you see on the map. So the map is free of those grey border lines for rebel province and coloured lines showing faction province borders. Makes the game more...shall we say, interesting now knowing where one province begins and one province ends. But visually I like it a lot better. You can take in the map in all its glory!:laugh4:

Not a RTW modder, but I imagine something similar would be possible for EB.

Cheers!

that does sound interesting indeed, i think ill see if i can figure out how it works and try to mod it in. Will definitely try out PDER when I get a chance, looks good!

overweightninja
04-01-2008, 23:16
Hey social, I tried the arrows part of your mod, however instead of removing the indicators completely it simply showed up with no texture, as a large white square. Gone back to the defaults now but any ideas?
Cheers

Maion Maroneios
04-05-2008, 13:02
This is good! Thnx a lot, socal infidel!