PDA

View Full Version : Aryth: Total War (A mod, of course)

Motep
03-24-2008, 21:02
This is inspired by a story I am writing outside of the guild. It entails a continent called aryth, inhabited by various religious groops and even species. It will undoubtable test the limits of the Total war engine, but that's half the fun, is it not?

Factions: (faction names are not final)
Empire of Caliem - human - Light
Empire of Temil - human - Light
Aryth - human - Neutrality
Tarasia - human - Neutrality
Otho - human - Light
Thagan - dwarven - Neutrality
Gara - human - Dark
Marian - human - Neutrality
Raban - elven - Light
Hapella - Human - Light
Naldantor - human - Dark
Empire of Kojiro (sorry, but it has a nice ring to it) - human - Dark
Turmel - dwarven - Neutrality
Sorai - human - Dark
terim - human - Dark
Gorrivandin - human - light
Noordmarian Republic - elven - light
Arvingil - human/elven - Neutrality
Alhana - human - Neutrality
Copella - human - dark
Mirallian Republic - human - dark

Religions:
Of light:
---Dalvaar---Chief God - White
---Nalvaar---God of War - Green
---Amoora---Goddess of Nature - Yellow
Of Neutrality:
---Vashir---God of Neutrality - Red
---Morovir---God of Knowledge - Brown
---Delana---Goddess of Justice - Gray
of Darkness:
---Kojiro---God of Darkness - Black
---Choril---God of Deciet - Blue
---Moruit---Goddess of Death - Violet

Current Units: (names are not final)
Elven Archers
Knights of Kojiro
Knights of Nalvaar
Knights of Delana
Moruitan Cultists
Various colored Wizards
Various colored Dragons (complete with knights)
trireme
bireme
quinquireme
dragon ships
dwarven axemen
dwarven pikes
dwarven swords
dwarven crossbowmen
various religous fanatics
Elven Knights
Elven Swordsmen
Marian Phalanx
Tarasian Raiders
Arythian Knights
Arythian Raiders
Antorian Longbowmen
Various Legionary troops
Various heroes
more to come

Map:
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/Aryth-West.jpghttps://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/Aryth-Central.jpghttps://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/Aryth-East.jpg
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/Aryth-blank.jpghttps://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/Aryth-South.jpg

Modders:
Motep - Texts, maps, skins
need other skinner, moddler, artist.

Mod News:
Banner soon to be on the way

Makanyane
03-25-2008, 17:24
Hi Motep, Good luck with the mod - though I think it might test the limits of the modders as well as the engine! Many of the fantasy mods / conversions that actually got released like FATW, EOD and LotR have a limited number of factions - at least for the first release - which makes them more achievable.

It might be worth planning an initial release at a slightly smaller scale.

Also watch religions - RTW/BI engine only allows the first three religions to have an effect on unrest. Your system would work if you have Light, Neutrality and Darkness as the religions and use faction specific temples to give you the finer detail.

Jubal_Barca
03-25-2008, 19:41
Good luck with this...

Can Warhammer do a models/expertees swap of some sort? We've got some elf stuff which might help give you a kick start...

Motep
03-25-2008, 21:59
Hi Motep, Good luck with the mod - though I think it might test the limits of the modders as well as the engine! Many of the fantasy mods / conversions that actually got released like FATW, EOD and LotR have a limited number of factions - at least for the first release - which makes them more achievable.

It might be worth planning an initial release at a slightly smaller scale.

Also watch religions - RTW/BI engine only allows the first three religions to have an effect on unrest. Your system would work if you have Light, Neutrality and Darkness as the religions and use faction specific temples to give you the finer detail.

Thats actually what I had in mind (with the religion, mind. The actual religion will be light, dark, neutral, and the particular gods will be left to temples). These factions shown will be in the final version. I was planning on making the first release after 10 factions or so, and not including the whole map unless I find alot of spare time. With summer coming up in a few months, i will have the time to devote to the mod, and I expect to find myself spending long hours at the screen.

As to the swappy thing, sure. If you guys ever need a hand (I dont know if you are finished or not, so I might as well offer anyways), I can lend you one.

EDIT: No longer need a skinner, though I could use some help.

Motep
03-26-2008, 18:18
No help? I guess Ill just have to start work soon.

Motep
03-29-2008, 06:12
Well, I suppose I'd better get started on the map now.

Motep
03-29-2008, 08:41
Progress as of an hour and a half ago: (note, this is the outline going to be used to make the other map tgas)

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/Aryth-BlankContinentImage.jpg

Any suggestions?

Raz
03-29-2008, 11:41
Great idea. I like mods that come straight from someone's very own imagination. :2thumbsup:
In fact, it's given me an idea to add to my own story! =D

Do you need any help? Any unit or faction descriptions I can do for you.
Otherwise, good luck with your mod. :thumbsup:

Motep
03-29-2008, 21:52
Great idea. I like mods that come straight from someone's very own imagination. :2thumbsup:
In fact, it's given me an idea to add to my own story! =D

Do you need any help? Any unit or faction descriptions I can do for you.
Otherwise, good luck with your mod. :thumbsup:

To be honest, as it is from my story and I have histories made for several of the factions to be involved, It would be alot easier for me to pen out the descriptions.

To be honest, all I need are moddlers and skinners. I can skin, but not so well as I cannot really do anything as far as matching them up to the models, as I lack 3dx.

And thank you for the offer of help, by the way.

Edit: Should I patch my game? Or do mods for 1.0 RTW work for the patched versions?

Spartan198
03-30-2008, 05:07
Did you draw the map yourself? If so,then you've got real talent there.
I don't know much about a lot of these fantasy worlds aside from REH's Hyborian Age,but if I can come up with any suggestions,I'll be happy to convey them to you.

Good luck! :2thumbsup:

Raz
03-30-2008, 05:45
Edit: Should I patch my game? Or do mods for 1.0 RTW work for the patched versions?
I doubt it. I don't think there are many people still using 1.0. Many would have patched to 1.5 for mods like RTR and EB. Anyway there are many features 1.5 adds to the game compared to v1.0...

As for descriptions... well it'd make sense if you were doing it, you came up with the backdrop after all. :laugh4:

Motep
03-30-2008, 06:06
I doubt it. I don't think there are many people still using 1.0. Many would have patched to 1.5 for mods like RTR and EB. Anyway there are many features 1.5 adds to the game compared to v1.0...

As for descriptions... well it'd make sense if you were doing it, you came up with the backdrop after all. :laugh4:

Were I to convey the information to you to write it out, I would basically be writing it out then and there, so...yeah. (besides, I now have use for the 50-odd pages of extras hoarding around in my notebook) I might have some difficulty with unit discriptions though, and I would be glad to have you on the team.

I Suppose that I will be patching the game up here pretty soon.

Did you draw the map yourself? If so,then you've got real talent there.
I don't know much about a lot of these fantasy worlds aside from REH's Hyborian Age,but if I can come up with any suggestions,I'll be happy to convey them to you.

Good luck! :2thumbsup:

As to Spartan, thank you. Maps are the one thing that I can draw.

I could always use some good unit ideas...

Quirinus
03-30-2008, 11:34
Interesting looking map you've got there.

I've had this little idea floating about in my head for a while now..... instead of elephants, maybe you could have giant bears, since this is a fantasy mod and all. It'd be cool to see armoured bears rampaging through the lines, running amok, etc.

Motep
03-30-2008, 15:48
Interesting looking map you've got there.

I've had this little idea floating about in my head for a while now..... instead of elephants, maybe you could have giant bears, since this is a fantasy mod and all. It'd be cool to see armoured bears rampaging through the lines, running amok, etc.

...no bears. And for that matter, I think that I will have to do something about the elephants. (they might become part of an invading faction from another continent)

Motep
07-22-2008, 07:55
I cannot mod this any more (so far, anyways, Ive been busy with life, so I only have about half of the .hgt...)So, for now, this mod is on hold.

Motep
07-27-2008, 17:52
I could also use an artist for faction Icons and flags. Stuff like that.

Motep
08-09-2008, 05:44
Im sick of updating this to no avail...

Im almost done with the .hgt file, and I have converted the time and monetary systems for the mod.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/screenshots/changes_in_time_currency.jpg

the map should be up in a few weeks if I can stop with the lazies.

Edit: On hindsight, "10 post cataclysm" sounds bad...any ideas?

wlesmana
08-09-2008, 17:00
10 P.C.?

Aradan
08-09-2008, 18:52
Or maybe find the translation in latin (or any other "exotic" language) and use that instead?

Motep
08-16-2008, 06:51
Or maybe find the translation in latin (or any other "exotic" language) and use that instead?

Hmmm. Sounds like a plan to me.

Also, i have thought of P.C, but I always confuse it with B.C, and screw things up.

Revan-Shan
09-05-2008, 14:23
I highly recomend to make this mod for M2TW insted of Rome, mainly because it's easier to make a team.

Roman_Man#3
09-06-2008, 04:55
Yet harder to mod.

Revan-Shan
09-08-2008, 15:26
Yet harder to mod.

It also looks better.

Alerion
10-27-2008, 14:41
Hey, this sounds good (just discovered it)

If you still work on this I might be able to contribute a little bit by helping with faction symbols/flags...
I can't promise anything but if you let me know what you need, I'll see what I can do