PDA

View Full Version : Additional landbridges

Visitor13
03-25-2008, 12:26
I have this crazy idea to put landbridges between Britain and Gaul, Iberia and North Africa, and (sic) Sicily and Carthage.

I've read some info on making landbridges here and at Twcenter, but I still have some questions.

I've seen a landbridge done between Iberia and North Africa, but would the others be possible? I'm guessing the Britain-to-Gaul one would, but what about the Sicily-Carthage one?

I'm sick and tired of Casse never going for the continent, even with BI.exe, of Lusotann never going for Africa or Carthage never bothering to reconquer Sicily.

Uranos
03-25-2008, 16:47
Sure they are all possible, and imo the best way to make a landbridge between Sicily and Carthage is to place several (5 or so) small, 1 pixel islands between.

Visitor13
03-25-2008, 17:27
Cheers, that's good to hear. I guess I'll try making them and post them here for anyone interested.

dutch81
07-16-2008, 15:30
Cheers, that's good to hear. I guess I'll try making them and post them here for anyone interested.

Maybe you would be willing to make a completely opposite mod version as well with ALL LANDBRIDGES REMOVED ... I like the idea that once I get to a natural obstacle I will have a safe border ... and playing with BI I am getting some decent sized raids by the AI to keep it interesting.

In fact as I was besieging Massila (sp?) the computer landed a 10 unit stack of Gauls near Segesta(sp?) ... to my regret they did not besiege it but were used instead to move at my besieging army from the rear ... all the same a interesting move by the AI.

Che Roriniho
07-17-2008, 10:44
Definately agree on the land bridge between gaul and Briatain, and Spain and africa, but not so much with sicily and carthage.

khukkl
07-17-2008, 13:40
I have this crazy idea to put landbridges between Britain and Gaul, Iberia and North Africa, and (sic) Sicily and Carthage.

I've read some info on making landbridges here and at Twcenter, but I still have some questions.

I've seen a landbridge done between Iberia and North Africa, but would the others be possible? I'm guessing the Britain-to-Gaul one would, but what about the Sicily-Carthage one?

I'm sick and tired of Casse never going for the continent, even with BI.exe, of Lusotann never going for Africa or Carthage never bothering to reconquer Sicily.

Why not possible? I already applied those extended land-bridges to my mod with my hand.
Just simple photoshop skill is needed. Except between 'Sicily and Carthage', all land-bridges are placed safely without causing any freeze or CTD. Find my mod and try it. 'Roma1_Imperial' mod.

I just thinking about land-bridge between 'Sicily and Carthage', but the distance is too far & need some fake islands to connect each side.