PDA

View Full Version : Why so many stacks?

dfeal
03-26-2008, 01:28
Hello. First, let me give my thanks for a producing such a nice mod. I really like that it is centralized around the Roman faction. I love the idea of all those legions being named and slightly different.

I have two question, if you don't mind my asking...

1. With so many different legions available, will this not make retraining a nightmare? Or will it be a case of only using local legions?

2. Why so many stacks of enemies? After defeating 4 stacks of one faction I get bored simply repeating the same battle. I always win but I don't want to spend another hour just simply beating them again. Is there a way to stop all this spam stacks by the AI? The EB mod, which I'm also currently playing, seems to deal with this very well indeed. So defeating one or two full stacks of another faction has a profound effect on that AI faction. It doesn't just send two more a little while later.

Also, the pacification and different government type of EB may be something to consider. I personally think it is a nice idea.

Oh, one more question... =o)

What is the difference between the two recruitable governors? Do you give them extra management traits as apposed to military trait for recruitable generals?

Brave
03-26-2008, 19:57
0 turn recruitment makes all them stacks come alive!

Squid
03-26-2008, 20:05
Hello. First, let me give my thanks for a producing such a nice mod. I really like that it is centralized around the Roman faction. I love the idea of all those legions being named and slightly different.

I have two question, if you don't mind my asking...

1. With so many different legions available, will this not make retraining a nightmare? Or will it be a case of only using local legions?

2. Why so many stacks of enemies? After defeating 4 stacks of one faction I get bored simply repeating the same battle. I always win but I don't want to spend another hour just simply beating them again. Is there a way to stop all this spam stacks by the AI? The EB mod, which I'm also currently playing, seems to deal with this very well indeed. So defeating one or two full stacks of another faction has a profound effect on that AI faction. It doesn't just send two more a little while later.

Also, the pacification and different government type of EB may be something to consider. I personally think it is a nice idea.

Oh, one more question... =o)

What is the difference between the two recruitable governors? Do you give them extra management traits as apposed to military trait for recruitable generals?

1. Yes retraining your legions is a bit of a pain, but like Rome you're supposed to use your auxiliary legions to supplement your main legion force, while your bringing up fresh recruits for your legions

2. If you want to reduce the number of stacks, play 1-turn recruitment instead of 0-turn, this reduces the number of stacks. EB uses 1-turn recruitment not 0-turn. 0-turn is more historically accurate.

3. One is meant to be used as a governor, the other as a general, currently you won't be more likely to get management traits as a governor or military ones as a general.

Good Ship Chuckle
03-28-2008, 00:43
The bodygaurd of the General vs. Governor is starkly different as well. The generals have heavy cav, whilst the governors have body guard on foot.

dfeal
03-29-2008, 05:54
The bodygaurd of the General vs. Governor is starkly different as well. The generals have heavy cav, whilst the governors have body guard on foot.
Yes, I know that, but shouldn't the governors have extra management traits and the general extra military ones? It would make the choice between them more meaningful. At the moment, apart from the bodyguard, there isn't anything to separate them.

Good Ship Chuckle
03-31-2008, 22:03
I agree, there should be some perspicacious difference between choosing governor or general. :yes: