PDA

View Full Version : Great Cross available after crusade, not working properly [DEALT WITH]

rebelscum
03-27-2008, 12:15
After a crusade I can still retain the great cross (even though it says only available to crusading armies), where can I repair it. What happened to its arrow fire? :inquisitive:

FactionHeir
03-27-2008, 12:34
Thats a vanilla description of several crusade units. However, I think after CA wrote it, they realized that they couldn't remove a unit after the objective was taken or so.
As with any crusade units, it cannot be retrained (I had a lengthy thread about retraining mercenary mechanics in the modding wiki), so you can at best use it to replenish other depleted units of the same type.

Great Cross is a light artillery. Light artilleries do not shoot, they are basically standards in M2TW, meaning their presence (if manned) give nearby units a morale boost.

rebelscum
03-27-2008, 14:46
I was able to retrain some Unhorsed knights which i got from crusading merc menu in one of the cities.
I'm sure some crusading units are available as mercs non-crusading armies, I will have a check, it might be just me getting confused.

Also on crusades, when i used to add units to a crusading stack they became crusaders too, they dont now.

I'll try to note it all down properly later and re-post.

FactionHeir
03-27-2008, 14:49
Yes, unhorsed knights are an exception, because they are not crusade units per se (they don't have the crusading tag).

You cannot hire pilgrims, fanatics, crusader knights, crusader sergeants, flagellants and great crosses outside of crusades though, and also cannot retrain those.

Units added to a stack become crusaders by default under following conditions: They are already crusaders, they were in the stack when general joined crusade, they are in crusade stack at end of turn and outside a settlement.
If you add a unit to an exisiting stack without rejoining the crusade with a general, they won't be crusaders till the next turn.
That's hardcoded.