PDA

View Full Version : Population

thelord
03-28-2008, 02:09
Hey, sorry if this has been asked/done before.

Is it possible to make the population of cities more realistic? because for some daft reason CA decided to make the population of huge cities like Roma to have a population (at most) of around 35000, when infact it should be way higher. Can it be modded or changed? (I'm thinking of populations in the millions here for the big cities) it says in on of the year in history pop ups that Rome's pop. was 2.2 million so you get the idea. :help:

thanks in advance.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-28-2008, 03:12
The point at which cities upgrade to the next level is hardcoded in RTW and so is the amount of squalor caused by having too many people. You might be about to do it with a huge amount of base farming, but all cities would be huge and have the max overpopulation penalties.

thelord
03-28-2008, 12:35
ah, ok cheers. was just curious. thanks :egypt:

TruePraetorian
03-28-2008, 17:38
I also asked this very same question recently. The answer I got was to edit the actual city scroll, so that after the actual population you threw in a few zeros.

For example, when it says "population 24,000" you would edit the actual background so there would appear to be 2,400,000"

But again, that is a last reort kinda thing if you really wanted it..lets just hope they add realism to RTW2 (if...)

overweightninja
03-28-2008, 19:21
Most people treat it as the "recruitable" population rather than the total population, not perfect but helps if you think of it that way :2thumbsup:
Cheers

Atraphoenix
07-22-2008, 11:44
You can increase upto 216.000 by changing the buildins happines and population bonuses , I have no idea but it does not pass 216 000 maybe game devolopers limited it like that.
if you mod just change population and happines values in descr.buildings...
I mostly play in BI with this. I have 12 000 000 population in Eastern roman empire, and of course I have more than 100 000 soldier. with 40 provinces. you can do just the same and of course can mod descr.unit to make them cheaper...

QuintusSertorius
07-22-2008, 11:59
Most people treat it as the "recruitable" population rather than the total population, not perfect but helps if you think of it that way :2thumbsup:
Cheers

This is true, if anything all it represents are those enrolled on the census (or whatever appropriate instrument there might be depending on culture). So only free males who might be eligible for recruitment.

Plus I tend to think it's all to scale; at Huge everything is 1:10. So if Roma has a population of 26,000 what it means is that there are 260,000 free males between 16 and 51.