PDA

View Full Version : Skip MTW2 and do empire total war

Zimm4973
03-29-2008, 05:53
IDK just a thought but it has so much new
like ship battles.
EB2 team if wants to should ask for files to start work now
again just a thought so Please no anger or:furious3: or :whip: or:ballchain: or even :smg::no: please

Ibrahim
03-29-2008, 06:58
I'm not a project member, but I can answer:
1-no they won't: ETW is new, it's engine is possibly totaly different, and it is new...
EBII will already take a long time to finish on it's own (by the end of this decade maybe?), let alone something totally new and different..

2-they would like to stick to what is known and usual; there is no way to know if ETW will need different modding methods, since again it's new, so mod one whose engine is well known, again furthur waste..
sorry...

Puppyonastik
03-29-2008, 07:22
They give their answers as to why they won't be able to do that in this thread:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=99474

Ibrahim
03-31-2008, 07:23
that's where I got this from-was looking all over for it...:laugh4: :laugh4:

eggthief
03-31-2008, 18:16
*sigh* I finally thought: "yay no more rtr vs eb topics now that the total realism team goes for mtr" and then there are these topics.

Ibrahim
04-01-2008, 19:21
mtr is dead, no?

alatar
04-04-2008, 19:57
Correct, it is dead.

Copperknickers
04-07-2008, 22:00
Theres still that other rome mod for med2, whats it called? Imperium Gaestatus or something? Sorry, Res Gestae Imperiales. Here we go again...

Zimm4973
04-11-2008, 05:02
Once there done with eb 2 they should make a EB set in the medieval time period

chairman
04-11-2008, 07:19
The EB team doesn't have the expertise to do a medieval mod. They're all antiquities and ancient period historians. What I could see is an EB late mod (post-marian period) or an EB classical mod (persian and peloponnesian wars period)! Athens, Sparta and Thebes battle it out for hegemony of Hellas while Achaemenids try to slyly expand!

Chairman

Zimm4973
04-14-2008, 06:24
Than they can learn more about the medievel period (user agreemant)

Copperknickers
04-14-2008, 11:44
Thats like saying that FA should do a rugby tournament with the same teams and players they use for football. They are good at what they do, the best in fact, but that doesnt mean those skills will translate into everything else remotely like football as well.

We need an entirely new EB-esque phenomenon, by people with the same motivation and knowledge as the EB team, but for the medieval period instead of the classical period.

Zimm4973
04-14-2008, 19:47
Ok I get it.

Still back on original topic we should have a group of people from this community or better yet on the team talk to CA and ask if the reqired things to make ETW a EB 3 or somthing like that are in game like shield stats and ramming for boats
along with an ai that can use Units that only melee or arrows or javalins

Copperknickers
04-20-2008, 12:06
They'll have bows and pikes, but will they have shields and javelins? I doubt it.

hoom
04-27-2008, 00:27
Shields are in Empire. Presumably that means swords & spears too.

Also, cavalry can fight on horseback, dismount to fight on foot & then remount to fight on horseback again.
Apparently not even just a 'feature we will have' but a 'feature thats already ingame & working' :2thumbsup:

Have not found out about if there will be rowing galleys yet.

beatoangelico
04-27-2008, 01:05
We need an entirely new EB-esque phenomenon, by people with the same motivation and knowledge as the EB team, but for the medieval period instead of the classical period.

M2TW come out 1 year and half ago, a project like that will be already born if such people existed, but noth much has happened. With Empire coming soon I fear that that M2TW community will face a hard time (excluding EB2), close in midst of Empire and the still lively RTW scene.

Dhampir
04-27-2008, 17:50
Have not found out about if there will be rowing galleys yet.

There'll have to be. They were still in some use until steam power made both paddles and sails obsolete. Smugglers and raiders used galleys during the American Revolution and the Knights of Malta used galleys against Napoleon.