PDA

View Full Version : This Mod Is Awesome

Danzifuge
03-30-2008, 18:58
i just want to congratulate the mod team on a beautiful, well-balanced mod. the map is just gorgeous. plenty of cities to siege. battles are better balanced with my missle units actually doing some damage. cavalry were a bit tougher too. all in all, i've only played one turn but i had a blast doing it. keep up the good work.

Good Ship Chuckle
03-31-2008, 21:53
I agree as well. But I would like to particularly like to emphasize the detail of the campaign map. The RS map pwns the Vanilla map, both in size and number of cities! I have a question: Did you copy/find inspiration in the map of MTW II? Both of the maps have striking similarities.

Danzifuge
04-01-2008, 16:10
I agree as well. But I would like to particularly like to emphasize the detail of the campaign map. The RS map pwns the Vanilla map, both in size and number of cities! I have a question: Did you copy/find inspiration in the map of MTW II? Both of the maps have striking similarities.
yeah i think i read somewhere that they imported the graphics over from m2tw

Squid
04-02-2008, 03:17
Some of the texture are from m2tw, but the map is the icetorque map for rtw by webbird.

Good Ship Chuckle
04-03-2008, 03:14
the icetorque map for rtw by webbird
....I wish I knew exactly what that meant. But I'm gonna guess that Squid is saying that some of it is original.

Squid
04-03-2008, 04:08
Icetorque is the name of the map, it was created by a modder named webbird and it was created for rtw (so it's not a m2tw map).

Good Ship Chuckle
04-03-2008, 15:08
I see. :sunny:

Be sure to give my compliments to this 'webbird' guy.

cherryfunk
04-11-2008, 19:23
Actually Icetorque is a modder who modded webbird's map, I think. Or vice versa, but several people were involved in creating the original 'Big Map' that dvk adopted for RS.

Then Northern Ranger and I revised it extensively to make it look 'purty' :beam: Because why play on an ugly map?