PDA

View Full Version : Expansion

Ozzman1O1
04-02-2008, 23:41
Can we expect an expansion pack for etw(ex.bi),If so,what will it be about?

pevergreen
04-02-2008, 23:43
I think we should wait until it comes out before we speculate what it will be about. :laugh4:

I think it will focus more on parts of the world away from Europe.

Polemists
04-03-2008, 00:03
Yea,

I mean we don't have a single video of the current game so I'm sure expansion is beyond any form of details at this point.

They will either do a invasion expansion like Viking or Barbarian (Probably use Napolean) and other nations will have to hold off said new coming super power either during or outside that timeframe.

or

They'll do a kingdoms with four smaller campaigns with various relevant points of that period they wish to focus on within the original time frame.

There's alot of history and I'm sure everyone would like to see something different. At this point though i'd just be guessing.

Csargo
04-03-2008, 01:48
I agree it's a little early for them to have even decided, but I think it'll be a Kingdoms like expansion with Napoleon's campaigns probably.

rajpoot
04-03-2008, 10:19
it'll be a Kingdoms like expansion with Napoleon's campaigns probably.

That'll suit best. Something like Kingdoms, with a Napoleon part, a North American Part (Red Indians, Americans and British etc etc) and maybe an Asian part too. It'll make the game complete. and the series. TW would have focused on every part of the world then.

Furious Mental
04-03-2008, 11:37
Since they've pretty much said that Napoleon will be in the game anyway, that seems unlikely to me. I think it will expand the world map to cover stuff like the Scramble for Africa and Opium Wars, i.e. make the campaign truly global.

Rhyfelwyr
04-03-2008, 14:05
I want to see a Jacobite min-campaign in the Kingdoms style. Maybe also one on the US Civil War.

rajpoot
04-03-2008, 14:56
Napoleon will be in the game

When was that said? Napoleon came to power in 1799, the game ends in 1800.......right?

Furious Mental
04-03-2008, 18:44
As I recall one of the staff said in a magazine you might get Napoleon if you recruit an artillery unit in Corsica around the end of the 18th century.

The specified timeline is 1700 to "early 1800's". This would seem to fit into the general gist of the information we've been given. For instance, the concept art implies that you can develop steam locomotives.

magnum
04-03-2008, 19:03
Seems a little early to wonder what expansion will be about when the game itself hasn't even occured. I'll go out on a limb though and guess it'll have something to do with War. Problably totally about war in fact...

Matt_Lane
04-03-2008, 19:36
When was that said? Napoleon came to power in 1799, the game ends in 1800.......right?

The game ends in the early 19th Century, around 1820 I think so there will be plenty of time for those with a Napolean complex to tour Europe.

I am surprised the game finishes here however as there was scope to continue up until about 1870 after which faster firing breach loading rifles started to dominate the battlefield. This could mean then that they plan to use this later period of 1820 to 1870 to field an expansion, allowing the Crimerian and American Civil Wars to be focused on.

My other hope is for a Pike and Musket expansion set before the ETW start date of 1700, focusing on either the Thirty Years War or the English Civil War perhaps?

Lamprey
04-03-2008, 22:39
So what do you guys think will the expansion to Empire's sequel be about?

As long as we're having a completely useless & abstract discussion about things that don't exist :)

woad&fangs
04-04-2008, 01:22
By sequel do you mean the second game they'll use the engine for? I think that the next game in the series will be Shogun 2 or a setting in Asia shortly after gunpowder became common. Whatever it is will have to have gunpowder in it.

Furious Mental
04-05-2008, 12:36
Shogun 2 would be a bit of a waste because Japanese naval tactics and ship building were pretty rudimentary. If they are going to make a game in that era in that region they might as well include China and Korea so that at least the sea battles aren't totally pants.

Quintus.JC
04-05-2008, 19:08
I think it might be like MII: Kingdoms. E:TW map is meant to be covering every continent. Expansion campaigns like Napoleon could be made only to include map of Europe and remote places in Asia and Africa with more cities included. Other campaigns like Austrian Succession only include only Europe. and campaigns like south America war of independence and American Revolution could also only include a small specific map only covering the area that's taken place.