PDA

View Full Version : gahh, mods are so confusing

Duke Bart
04-03-2008, 02:18
Ok so i tried getting BC and it said i needed to update M2TW so i tried to get the patch and that hasnt worked out right, can anyone just give me a step by step of how to do EVERYTHINGGGGGGG. So confused:dizzy2:

please help a good player (really!) who is horrible with computers :'(

ik itll b a pain to write out but it would be so extremely helpful. ( a few of my friends are having issues too, so this would help spread the joy of the mod to everyone in my town :) )

PrinceofTroy
04-03-2008, 02:51
Do you have Kingdoms, I think you need that to download BC

Duke Bart
04-03-2008, 02:57
no, but i heard from other people who dont hav it either nd they claim it works.

cherryfunk
04-03-2008, 03:16
BC doesn't need Kingdoms, but it might need a recent patch. I didn't have any trouble installing it myself.

Duke Bart
04-03-2008, 03:56
anyone know if theres maybe a site with detailed instructions on installing the patches and the mod? Most sites list three steps or so that do no good, i relle need some details here haha

Kepper
04-03-2008, 21:45
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

REQUIREMENTS: To play Broken Crescent 1.0 you will require Medieval 2: Total War patched to 1.2, 1.3 or Kingdoms Expansion.

A clean install of M2TW is preferable and any edits to the original vanilla data files or no-cd cracks could cause problems.

1) Open bcrescent.exe
2) Select your Medieval 2: Total War main directory ( C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War )
3) Follow the steps and install BC 1.0
4) Broken Crescent shortcut will appear on desktop, double click to load Broken Crescent 1.0. Enjoy.

PLEASE APPLY PATCH 1.05 AS SOON AS YOU INSTALL
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142288

IF YOU ARE A VISTA USER OR ARE GETTING "FATAL ERROR CRASH"
Please follow the instruction in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140964

00jebus
04-05-2008, 10:57
quick question, if you wanted to install BC over kingdoms instead of medieval 2, what would be the directory?

"C:\program files\sega\medieval II total war\" or in my case "J:\M2TW\" then what?

Kepper
04-05-2008, 15:05
You cant use BC in Kingdoms, you most wait for BC 2.0 to use Kingdoms in is full glory.