PDA

View Full Version : Far East Mod?

Hugalu
04-08-2008, 16:22
This thread is for BKB and the guy who made the Samurai Warlords mod. Would you guys be interested in developing a mod that has the countries in the Far East & Southeast Asia? I think it will be fun. Many of the current mods focus more on the West and Middle East and seems like the Far East was left out, except for Samurai Warlords. My proposal is to make a mod called Far East Total War, which involves these countries and around this time period:

Time span: 938 AD to 1644 AD

China under the Song Dynasty, and include 2 minor states: Liao & Jin

Mongolia

Japan

Korea

Tibet

Vietnam

Cambodia

Laos

Thailand

and probably some other states like Java & the Phillipines

I am no programmer but I can provide and do research on history, people & countries' names, images, rulers, heroes, etc...

Let me know if it sounds like a feasible idea.

Hugalu
04-08-2008, 21:34
Any take?

I did forget one more state, Xi Hsia. So China itself will comprise of 4 factions: Song Dynasty, Xi Hsia, Liao (Khitan), and Jin (Ju-chen).

Hugalu
04-08-2008, 22:08
Ok..let's start over.

Time span: will be decided upon...but could be ranging the same as in the original Medieval Total War. Below are some of the factions during that time frame:

Factions: starting from China as the focal point:

Song Dynasty

Xi Hsia

Liao

Jin

Mongolia

Japan

Korea

Vietnam

Ta-Li

Tibet (known as Tho Phon, don't know the exact spelling) at the time

Laos

Cambodia: Comprised of two countries: Champa & Chen-La

Thailand

Myanmar

India

Some smaller states such as the Phillipines and Java could be considered too. I hope somebody pick up on this idea and get started with this mod. It will be a great mod.

Hope I didn't miss out any countries/faction