PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms Poll

TinCow
04-09-2008, 19:03
Per Zim's suggestion. Since the discussion about using Kingdoms has already started in the other thread, we might as well gather some more concrete information on this.

Ramses II CP
04-09-2008, 20:35
If there were a 'My choice is to use whichever version and mod doesn't require us to exclude any current members of KotR,' I think I'd've voted that way, so take my 'Would buy Kingdoms, but don't care' vote that way. :beam:

:egypt:

Zim
04-09-2008, 20:46
I think most of us who voted that way feel the same. :yes:

I'll even forgo the new patch if it screws anything up for people who don't own Kingdoms.

If there were a 'My choice is to use whichever version and mod doesn't require us to exclude any current members of KotR,' I think I'd've voted that way, so take my 'Would buy Kingdoms, but don't care' vote that way. :beam:

:egypt:

Zim
04-09-2008, 20:48
You know, it might be interesting to see who has Kingdoms already as well.I don't really suspect anything of the sort for the current KOTR members, but it is possible that people will vote that they don't mind if Kingdoms is used, but then if it is end up not being able to buy it for financial or other reasons. :sweatdrop:

Askthepizzaguy
04-09-2008, 22:06
I'd consider joining such a thing, but not if Kingdoms is involved. Whatever free patches or mods are available is fine... but I'm a poor college student and I can't afford Kingdoms, not particularly interested in buying it either.

Zim
04-09-2008, 23:44
8 votes and none specifically prefer Kingdoms...

00jebus
04-10-2008, 06:36
like ATPG I've read the ending of KoTR (gah almost typed KotOR... habbit) and want to join the next one, Its just a pitty EBII wont be out for a year or two (guess), as I think the selecuids would be a good way to go

(why? starting of with lots of characters, a lovely big unit roster, limited resources but vast amount of land and the option of Satrapy's going for independance in PvP battles)

Northnovas
04-11-2008, 13:37
(Other please explain)

I wanted a category on my own. :beam:

Actually I would prefer a vanilla or a mod over Kingdoms. It would have to be a very good game/mod for Kingdoms to convince me to purchase.

I know I will get suckered when the next game Empires series comes out. :grin2:

AussieGiant
04-12-2008, 00:46
(Other please explain)

I wanted a category on my own. :beam:

Actually I would prefer a vanilla or a mod over Kingdoms. It would have to be a very good game/mod for Kingdoms to convince me to purchase.

I know I will get suckered when the next game Empires series comes out. :grin2:

I'm of the same mind NN. I'm very hesitant about buying Kingdoms.

TinCow
04-14-2008, 13:34
I think this poll is pretty clear. The majority don't care whether it is vanilla or kingdoms and a minority either prefer vanilla or won't play if kingdoms is chosen. At the same time, no one prefers kingdoms over vanilla. Thus, I think we should choose vanilla M2TW for the next game as it seems to be the best way to include as many people as possible.

Ferret
04-14-2008, 15:57
I agree :bow:

Askthepizzaguy
04-15-2008, 22:33
If so... I will sign up for service to the Empire. I have my own ambitions, however, so it is my hope that the Roman Emperor will not condemn me to some lowly guard duty in the middle of the arabian desert. I desire a knighthood.

It will be a pleasure to once again experience the thrill of working WITH rather than AGAINST others in this game. My one-man-against-the-entire-world experiences have been fun, but I've recently developed a taste for cooperation and chivarly.

Have I turned completely from the dark side? If so, the side of evil seems to have lost a key general..._______________________
Traits:
Chivalry +2
Loyalty +2

OverKnight
04-16-2008, 00:11
Is it going to be modded vanilla? More provinces and titles would add to the system we're going to use.

TinCow
04-16-2008, 00:22
Definitely modded. This poll was just about the basic game engine, not where we would use a mod. Even if we had chosen Kingdoms or RTW we would have stuck a mod on top.