PDA

View Full Version : When?

Havok.
04-13-2008, 07:29
Hello all, i'm here to ask if this mod will ever be released, and if so,WHEN?, because since 2005 you guys are working on it, not being rude, nor unpolite, but come on, if you guys dont want to continue the on-going work on the mod at least pass it to someone else, because i'm waiting it since a long time, heard lots lots lots of ''we are near to a release!'' and such, but nothing i i've seen it, and....if there is work to be done, i think we all the ran no jidai fans, who are waiting for this mod for some time, deserve at least a beta release, or something like that, and please say the exact amount of stuff that are still uncomplete, so some of us can help it, and might wanna start recruting peoples to make it faster, since apparently is all going to slow from the little i can say

Thats all thanks

Vlodec
04-13-2008, 14:33
Wait a minute, who said we are still doing this for the public?

I mean Ofcourse I can't speak for the team but for Me solely it's just to complete this mod, and if in the end only the team plays this mod when its released I wouldn't shed a single tear.

This is quoted from another thread on the same topic. To the best of my knowledge no member of the developing team has contradicted it.

:titanic:

Havok.
04-13-2008, 15:37
This is quoted from another thread on the same topic. To the best of my knowledge no member of the developing team has contradicted it.

But there's a difference, between public, and fans who are expecting the mod for the three years if you know what i mean, i want to know how things are going in the mod team.....but if the mod is still on work, with the modders still active and doing what they need to do and such, i'm expecting a huge, totally grand, insanest game, after all, three years is a long time to let it perfect

Taneda Santôka
04-14-2008, 02:21

Thanks for playing the diot, Wundai has said he gave that answer out of frustration, he apologised, so if you still believe it to be true, why do you hang around here? :wall:

If it was finished, it would be ready to download, but he mod isnt done. The map is. The units are. The buildings are. The research is. Lots more is done, but getting all the pieces of the puzzle together and getting them to work is what is being done now. :smash:

And if someone is willing to help, he can always offer help, if his field of expertise is required.
:2thumbsup:

Havok.
04-14-2008, 02:27
Thanks for playing the diot, Wundai has said he gave that answer out of frustration, he apologised, so if you still believe it to be true, why do you hang around here? :wall:

If it was finished, it would be ready to download, but he mod isnt done. The map is. The units are. The buildings are. The research is. Lots more is done, but getting all the pieces of the puzzle together and getting them to work is what is being done now. :smash:

And if someone is willing to help, he can always offer help, if his field of expertise is required.
:2thumbsup:

Ok, thanks for telling me this, now, the mod will be realesed at least in two months or so? give me a clue of how long will last(not the exact amount of time, just a brief light of it) and dont say its next of to the release, say something else :sweatdrop:

antisocialmunky
04-14-2008, 04:34
It'll be out when its done. Why don't you go play some EB1.1 for a while, its pretty good.

Taneda Santôka
04-14-2008, 06:00
It'll be out when its done. Why don't you go play some EB1.1 for a while, its pretty good.
It'll rock your socks off! Damn this mod is gooooooooood!:yes:

Dexter
04-14-2008, 13:41
"It'll rock your socks off !"
Sounds good but can it wait t`ill i go home .. i don`t like walking barefoot.
Even if it takes a long time .. i don`t mind .. at least my hair will grow longer :hippie: :hippie: :hippie:

oh .. and by the way .. to all whom making this mod :bow: :bow: :bow:

jonfitt
04-14-2008, 15:29
I think there's a lot of silent people out here who are still patiently waiting and watching the weekly digest for some news.
Any bones you could throw us?
A historical battle perhaps?

Havok.
04-14-2008, 17:54
i know, playing with lusotana now, they finally fixed the caetrannan skin in battle problem, so now lusotana rules :beam:

Havok.
04-14-2008, 18:41
But returing to RNJ, could someone give me a clue of how long will last to the release? sorry if i'm being hasty, just want sooo bad to play this mod :sweatdrop:

Taneda Santôka
04-14-2008, 20:58
Nobody can answer this question, I dont want to be rude, but my above post sums it up. :bow:

Havok.
04-14-2008, 21:02
Nobody can answer this question, I dont want to be rude, but my above post sums it up. :bow:
Ok, i understand, since the map, units, buildings and all that are done already like you said, and now they are gathering together all of it, makes me less worried about what is happening within the mod team :beam:

Vlodec
04-15-2008, 15:00

Rude is exactly what you want to be, that's why you consistently are.

I'm sorry you think I'm a "diot". I'm much sorrier you felt the need to say so. People who lapse into abuse so readily might care to reassess their own behaviour before criticising others'. And Wundai aplogised quite handsomely for the belligerence of his remark, not the substantive content.

And btw, I don't "hang around here". I pop in on occasion on the off chance of discovering a release date for this mod. Like many I've looked forward to it for along time now.

I think the problem is that many of us simply misunderstood the nature of the effort the team are putting in and now feel a little let down to discover that some (all ?) of the modders don't really care when the mod is finished or indeed if it is. They do it for its own sake. This has not been well enough understood.

Vis a vis offering help. I'd be more than happy to offer my services if I thought I could be of assistance, but as I have no programming or artistic skills I don't.

Wundai
04-15-2008, 16:14
Like I said I could only speak for myself, DON'T twist my words in saying that some or all of the team don't care for a release date!

In fact I myself ofcourse care for a release as well, why do you think I keep updating these 2 forums with posts and progress updates on what I'm working on with the mod?
Because I don't care for the community?
Because I'm showing screens of Buildings just to show off?

NO!
Why would I even come to this forum if I didn't care for the community?

Maybe I made a mistake in apologizing for the wrong thing, now then here in this post you have my apology for both the comment and the attitude shown in the comment.

RNJ is not our life, its not yours either, there are dozens of games with dozens of mods. So enough things to do while waiting for this release.

Taneda Santôka
04-15-2008, 18:12
Rude is exactly what you want to be, that's why you consistently are.

I'm sorry you think I'm a "diot". I'm much sorrier you felt the need to say so. People who lapse into abuse so readily might care to reassess their own behaviour before criticising others'. And Wundai aplogised quite handsomely for the belligerence of his remark, not the substantive content.

And btw, I don't "hang around here". I pop in on occasion on the off chance of discovering a release date for this mod. Like many I've looked forward to it for along time now.

I think the problem is that many of us simply misunderstood the nature of the effort the team are putting in and now feel a little let down to discover that some (all ?) of the modders don't really care when the mod is finished or indeed if it is. They do it for its own sake. This has not been well enough understood.

Vis a vis offering help. I'd be more than happy to offer my services if I thought I could be of assistance, but as I have no programming or artistic skills I don't.

I think I wrote quite clearly that you were playing the "diot", not that you were one.... :clown:

Vlodec
04-15-2008, 20:24
Like I said I could only speak for myself, DON'T twist my words in saying that some or all of the team don't care for a release date!

In fact I myself ofcourse care for a release as well, why do you think I keep updating these 2 forums with posts and progress updates on what I'm working on with the mod?
Because I don't care for the community?
Because I'm showing screens of Buildings just to show off?

NO!
Why would I even come to this forum if I didn't care for the community?

Maybe I made a mistake in apologizing for the wrong thing, now then here in this post you have my apology for both the comment and the attitude shown in the comment.

RNJ is not our life, its not yours either, there are dozens of games with dozens of mods. So enough things to do while waiting for this release.

Seems fair enough to me. What is the release date then ?

Taneda Santôka
04-15-2008, 21:06
When "diot" makes it to the dictinnary. Seriously, we don't have yet a release date for the release date. :clown:

Havok.
04-15-2008, 21:45
Seems fair enough to me. What is the release date then ?

*wants badly to know that too*

Helgi
04-17-2008, 04:04
It will come out when it's ready to come out, and if it doesn't then oh well it doesn't so let's try to exercise some patience; it won't kill us I think?
If I can be patient and wait for Ran No Jidai, then so can some of you!

Havok.
04-17-2008, 18:09
Ohh well *Nodnod* Will try :sweatdrop:

TechnoMage of Shadows
06-08-2008, 10:13
tho' patience is not the custom of wizards, we are greatly anticipating this mod.