PDA

View Full Version : Romani 1.1 skins and models fix by DS

Darth Stalin
04-14-2008, 21:28
Hello all EB fans!
This is Darth Stalin's Legionary Model & Skin Fix for EB 1.1.
This package includes old EB 0.81 models and skins for Imperial Legionary, Impearial Praetorians and Post marian Evocatae cohorts, at least as long as EB Team does not submit the latest version of skins/models, resized to fit the rest of EB models and skins.

This fix is prepared to be used with "vanilla EB" or "TWFanatic's Phalanx mod" and has appropriate files modded.

To install the package:
1. as "vanilla EB": unzip the "basic_EB_files.zip" into main RTW directory where you have your EB installed and overwrite the files if necessary.

2. as "TWFanatic's mod": first, install the "vanilla" as in 1., then unzip the "TWFanatic_files.zip" into main RTW directorywhere you have your EB installed. This will overwrite the "mp game edu backup/export_descr_units" and "sp game edu backup/export_descr_units" files, as well as export_descr_units file in the main Eb/data folder.

ATTENTION!
Always backup your current files before installing this package! The fix has been tested, but nonetheless a wise modder/user ALWAYS backs up his files before changing/overwriting them...

Now you have appropriate skins and models to play with use of Imperial Legions, Evocati and Praetorians.
Enjoy!

Darth Stalin

The file can be found at:

FileFront:
http://files.filefront.com/DS+Romani+fixzip/;10027599;/fileinfo.html

RapidShare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/108335667/DS_Romani_fix.zip.html

ATTENTION!
There was a typo in "basic_EB_files" EDUs, found in Eb/data, Eb/sp game edu backup and Eb/mp game edu backup!

Updated files are uploaded just now, yet for those who have already downloaded it, here's the solution:
In all EDUs mentioned above please find the following section:

;525
type roman infantry first legionary cohort ii
dictionary roman_infantry_legionary_first_cohort_ii ; Cohortes Imperatoria
category infantry
class heavy
voice_type General_1
soldier roman_infantry_cohorsimperatoria_evocata, 50, 0, 1.2

and DELETE BOLDED PART OF THE CODE (the "_evocata")

V.T. Marvin
04-15-2008, 22:03
Great job Comrade!:bow: :2thumbsup:

Custom stickied for me, moved upwards for you...:laugh4:

Darth Stalin
04-15-2008, 23:03
You're welcome!
Judging for the number of lookings into this thread, it seems that the fix is at least interesting for EB players - at least those that play Romani...

Have fun with that!

bigmilt16
04-16-2008, 01:03
What is the difference between the current version and the older ones?

Olaf The Great
04-16-2008, 02:22
What is the difference between the current version and the older ones?
They were much higher resolution models and skins, and look like weird big headed 6 feet tall midgets (when compared to) the "normal" RTW skins.

The skins by themselves are awesome, but they fit more in MTW2 than RTW

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-16-2008, 07:39
Since this is a matter of aesthetics and not a fix to a major problem, would you like this moved to the unofficial mods forum where it can be better seen and not lost amongst bugreports?

bovi
04-16-2008, 13:33
Marcus is right that it could quickly become buried. It doesn't do any damage here, but I'd suggest to make a duplicate post in the submods section if not moving it.

Olaf The Great
04-16-2008, 20:03
oop...Opera screwed up and I replied again to this.

Darth Stalin
04-17-2008, 16:17
@MarcusAureliusAntoninus:

OK, no problem!
If you can, please move the thread into Unofficial Mod section.

Obelics
04-17-2008, 19:54
hi DStalin, i tryied your minimod to use the old 0.81 legions on 1.1 but as i try to switch on the MP edu, it give me this error:

https://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9626/errorxt1.jpg
i had to turn back to the 1.1 with the new legionaries

is there someting i did wrong? i just copied and overwritten the EB minimod dir to RTW dir. But it doesn't work.
Id really like to have a working copy of EB1.1 with the 0.81 legionaries, so if you can help it would be great, thanks!

Darth Stalin
04-17-2008, 22:11
I'll have a look on that and let you know...

BTW: have You copied the "basic_EB_files"? or later overwrote them with "TWFanatic_files"?

EDIT:
Aaaarghhh!!! A TYPO!
Typo mistake in description of model for Imperial First Cohort! Corrected now and I'm uploading the corrected file to both servers!

QuintusSertorius
04-18-2008, 00:14
I just did the backup before installing the fix, and hit a problem. I've got 1.1 (with BI), and some of the filenames don't match up. For example the roman textures in modes_units are different, and not in the same format as the old ones. Does that matter?

Darth Stalin
04-18-2008, 00:37
Hmmm... what do you mean:

roman textures in models_units are different, and not in the same format as the old ones.

Do you mean their names' format? (i.e. in EB 1.1 there's a file named "ebroman_infantry_cohors_praetoriana_prom_med.CAS", while I've included the file named "EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_COHORSPRAETORIAAUGUSTEA_HIGH.CAS" ?)
If so, then I can assure you that there's no problem at all. The naming system of models and textures is for convenience only, to ease the work with finding the model/texture and writing it down into the code of DMB file.
The only things that matter are:
1. that name of the model and texture are the same as those written in DMB file (for example, if I have a model and texture named "Darth_Stalin_uber_legionary.cas" and "Darth_Stalin_uber_legionary.tga.dds", then if I create a soldier type in DMB named "Uber_Legionary" (or whatever), or change the model/texture of Imperial Cohort I have to write there model type "Darth_Stalin_uber_legionary.cas" and the same with texture.
If I wrote "Darth_Stalin_hyper_legionary.cas" there would be a CTD as the game could not find the model.

2.that soldier type described in DMB is the same as the one used by a unit described in EDU, for example:
If I create a unit named "Darth_Stalin_imperial_sith_cohort" and want to use the "Uber_Legionary" soldier, I have to write the soldier type as "Uber_Legionary", as if I wrote soldier type "Hyper_legionary" the game would CTD due to no such model in DMB...

So, you can name models/textures anyway you would like, but you must remember, that the model and texture names must be the same as these written in DMB file; and that the soldier type defined in DMB with use of these model and skin is named the same as soldier type used by a unit in EDU file.
Thus the game will find a path from EDU via DMB to models_unit folder correctly, for example:

(unit in EDU) Darth_Stalin_imperial_sith_cohort => (soldier in DMB) Uber_Legionary => (model and texture in models_unit and models_unit/textures folder) Darth_Stalin_uber_legionary.cas and Darth_Stalin_uber_legionary.tga.dds

QuintusSertorius
04-18-2008, 00:52
Cool, just checking, I wasn't sure. I'll wait until it becomes necessary to install it anyway, they didn't bother me that much in the custom battles, even if the giant centurion was mildly amusing.

Blazing141
04-18-2008, 11:41
Hi All,
I have installed TWFanatics minimod, as well as DS' romani graphic fix as intructed. How do I confirm that I did everything correctly? IS there a way to see the graphics and new formations without having to wait for Marian reforms (in the case of the Romani fix) or a battle with Spartans/Maekdonians (in the case of the GReeks)? Please advise.

THanks in advance
T

QuintusSertorius
04-18-2008, 11:48
Hi All,
I have installed TWFanatics minimod, as well as DS' romani graphic fix as intructed. How do I confirm that I did everything correctly? IS there a way to see the graphics and new formations without having to wait for Marian reforms (in the case of the Romani fix) or a battle with Spartans/Maekdonians (in the case of the GReeks)? Please advise.

THanks in advance
T

Run the mp TrivialScript and play a Custom Battle.

Obelics
04-18-2008, 14:26
I'll have a look on that and let you know...

BTW: have You copied the "basic_EB_files"? or later overwrote them with "TWFanatic_files"?

EDIT:
Aaaarghhh!!! A TYPO!
Typo mistake in description of model for Imperial First Cohort! Corrected now and I'm uploading the corrected file to both servers!

thanks! it works now
only minor iussue, same as that already posted by mucky306 is the c.imperat. black rear helmet:
https://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1263/legion081yo8.jpg

im already enough happy to be able to see the old guys again, so i could live with it. But if you think it could be fixed pheraphs with the 0.74 skins, let me know, i still have a copy of 0.74 and i could send you the file you need.

QuintusSertorius
04-18-2008, 14:30
I was just about to say I've been getting a CTD whenever I install the basic files (right after the very first screen), but it might have been caught. It's definitely this mod because when I overwrite my backup everything works again.

Obelics
04-18-2008, 14:33
have you tryed the last files? cause as i have installed the new files, all is ok for me (i got a CTD too before).

QuintusSertorius
04-18-2008, 14:41
Literally just installed them, so we'll see in a bit.

Darth Stalin
04-18-2008, 18:42
have you tryed the last files? cause as i have installed the new files, all is ok for me (i got a CTD too before).

That's good!
The worst nightmare for a modder/fixer is to see "I've got a CTD after installing your mod/fix!" message from a user... and now it seems all is working OK.
So, finally I can go sleep for a few hours, before starting to make some modding stuff as a free-time issue betwenn usual work... :D

QuintusSertorius
04-18-2008, 18:53
It's all working fine, now, thanks DS!

Blazing141
04-18-2008, 22:21
Run the mp TrivialScript and play a Custom Battle.

I did away with Trivial Script so I could play with Alex.exe. Is there a way to reinstall or another workaround? Is Alex compatible with trivialscript?

Sorry for so many questions, but I am new and don't quite get the intrcacies of this program yet...

Thanks.
T

Darth Stalin
04-18-2008, 23:52
Nope.
if you install ALX.exe and make a direct shortcut to ALX.exe, the only way to play MP is to copy EDU from "mp game edu backup" into main Eb/data folder, and then, in order to play campaign, replace it with EDU from "sp game edu backup" (of course I mean these EDU that were included within my download (basic EB/TWFanatic's)

Blazing141
04-19-2008, 02:51
So its not possible to play Alex with TrivialScript and the romani graphics fix and TWFanatics phalanx and aquilifer mods?

And if I want to check that I have the right units I need to manually sub out the MP EDU and then runa custom game with those units?

Basically I just want to make sure that both the Romani Graphics mod by DS and the TWFanatic Phalanx Mod are working on Alex....

Any help greatly appreciated.

chenkai11
04-19-2008, 05:12
Hi DS, Just want to clear up things. The file you uploaded is only a fix changing the models and skins from an older version to replace the v1.1?

You mentioned you are modding a alx.exe version with additional 20 more new units? Can you share it after you are done?

stupac
04-19-2008, 08:46
Darth Stalin, you are the man. Thank you, now I have no excuse not to start that Romani campaign I've been putting off for so long. The old guys look great, I love it.

Darth Stalin
04-19-2008, 09:54
@Blazing141:
Yes. EB 1.1 on ALX.exe requires making of a new shortcut on the desktop as described in appropriate thread (EB 1.1 on ALX). Thus when the game starts with ALX.exe, there's no automatical switch between EDUs which is made by Trivial Script.
However, when you change EDUs manually and start the game with ALX.exe, all works fine.

The best proof is that I did all these changes within EB working on ALX.exe and all worked fine - my fix just changes the files to which the DMB and EDU refer...

@chenkai11:
1. Yes.
2. Yes, I'm working on it and after this is done I'll upload it to be used and played by everyone interested in it.

chenkai11
04-19-2008, 10:33
@chenkai11:
1. Yes.
2. Yes, I'm working on it and after this is done I'll upload it to be used and played by everyone interested in it.

cool, thanks

Leviathan DarklyCute
04-19-2008, 15:48
@chenkai11:
1. Yes.
May I ask what kind of new units you have in mind? You think about additional units the the Mauryan perhaps?

Darth Stalin
04-19-2008, 17:23
Well...
=> some hoplites for KH & Epeiros with use of KLA's skins => Athenian, Spartan (elite; EB will be available a level lower), Achaean League (in Korinthos) - 2 units, ordinary and elite, Aetolian League (in Aetolia) - 2 units, ordinary and elite, Rhodian Hoplites, Syracusan hoplites (elite, EB ones available one lvl lower, in both Syracusae and Messana), elite Tarentinian hoplites (possibly fighting in Mak-phalanx-like style)
=> new Roman units: new models and skins for First Cohort and Imperial First cohort + new unit Provincial Imperial first cohort; Evocati Augusti (Praetorian veterans), Praetorian cavalry with spears instead of javelins, Auxilia cavalry (Ala quingenaria) with spears instead of javelins (recruitable only in a few places, like Batavia, Pannonia, Skythia), maybe new postMarian Auxilia infantry (in a few provinces - Sicily, northern and souther Italy, Massilia, Illyria); provincial Evocati (veterans from few colonies/provinces - Sicily, Africa, Illyria, Pannonia?) and - Cataphracti (in Skythia/Mikra Skythia, Crimea and Syria & Assyria).

BTW - one important question - if I'm making description in barracks, what unit can be recruited and with what requirement (like "...ad hidden_resource y8 n4..." can be also added requirement "and requires building present xxx" (I mean for example the "Colony" building, as a requirement for Provincial evocati.

AymericNikator
04-20-2008, 17:19
Hail Darth Stalin!

By "as "vanilla EB": unzip the "basic_EB_files.zip" into main RTW directory where you have your EB installed and overwrite the files if necessary.", do you mean I've got to put the file in the Vanilla or the EB data folder?

Thanks again for your fix, if I could make it work, it would be so cool!

Darth Stalin
04-20-2008, 23:36
Unzip into EB folder => when I mean "vanila EB" I mean EB 1.1 WITHOUT any mods installed on it and installed on RTW 1.5.
Any type of EB being modded/minimodded (like with Spoils of Victory, Phalanx, CityMod) is no longer the "vanilla EB".

BTW: I'm still waiting for an answer from codders of EB - is it possible to make a line of unit recruitment as I wrote (to have a condition being another bulding, not "hiddedn resource" or "marian_reforms"?

AymericNikator
04-20-2008, 23:55
Thank so much Darth Stalin!
There is no word to descibe how sweet is killing anything with those superb evocati!:laugh4:

sgsandor
04-25-2008, 01:59
@DS thanks for this man! Way to go above and beyond bro I owe you one!:2thumbsup:

Tobias
04-29-2008, 14:20
Does this fix work with all the bug fixes? At least one of them changes the same file.

Thanks!

Darth Stalin
04-29-2008, 18:32
About which bugfix are you talking about?
Anyway, IIRC the mini-mod includes fixes that have been released before its release date, so look into the dates of the files in the mini mod and then compare it to fixes already issued.

mlc82
05-14-2008, 03:27
Just saying thanks for this fix DS!

kambiz
05-17-2008, 10:15
Darth Stalin
-Is it save compatible? As I'm in the middle of my Campaign !

-If it is ,Then does it use the old unit cards and UI as well?

-And How about first Cohorts?

Thanks in advance

candelarius
05-21-2008, 04:35
Nice idea, I had been thinking of making just such a mod myself when I was playing RTW...

mucky305
05-22-2008, 20:46
@ Darth

Sorry for the hiatus but life sometimes gets in the way. I've almost finished the LS Romani skin change. So far here are the changes.

- Praetorian Cav = LS w/ lance and sword
- Praetorian Inf = LS w/ helmet crest and cape
- Imperial Cohorts = LS
- First Imperial = LS w/ helmet decorations and different shield plus greaves
- Evocatae = LS w/ lorica manica (arm armor) and greaves
- Aux Archers = Reskin
- Roman Crew = Reskin
- Eagle Standard = First Cohort & Praetorians
- Addition of Garrison Archers
- Centurion w/ LS and white crest

If you'd like to see any other changes, let me know. I plan on providing for download on FileFront.

@ Obelics

Yes. The black on the rear of the Cohort helm is hair. If you view the skin in a DDS file form, you'll see that the rear of the helm is not large enough to wrap the model correctly (unlike Evocatae of Praetorians). The 0.74 skin would fix this as the 0.81 Cohort skin has a Celtic type helm rather than the Italic/Gallic type whereas it looks like the 0.74 skin has the Gallic helm.

Obelics
05-24-2008, 00:47
@ Obelics

Yes. The black on the rear of the Cohort helm is hair. If you view the skin in a DDS file form, you'll see that the rear of the helm is not large enough to wrap the model correctly (unlike Evocatae of Praetorians). The 0.74 skin would fix this as the 0.81 Cohort skin has a Celtic type helm rather than the Italic/Gallic type whereas it looks like the 0.74 skin has the Gallic helm.

so it could be fixed? do you need some 0.74 files? let me know if you dont have it, i still have a copy of the 0.74, so i could send them.

candelarius
05-24-2008, 17:27
It would be cool if someone could fix the black on those helmets...I may just re-install EB and try another Rome campaign if that were the case. :yes:

Darth Stalin
05-25-2008, 01:16
Ouuuch...
Finally I'm able to get back here after some problems with logging in...

@mucky305:
That's OK - I'm looking forward to seeing Your fob; I've installed those skins by Ferres and they look quite nice, yet I think Yours will be more "in EB fashion". Though I liked the idea of using these guys with arm guard not as evocatae but as elite shock troops... yet no problem. IMHO the Ferres' Eastern Legionaries look quite nice with their lorica squamata and can be used pretty well.

@kambiz:
1. YES, the "DS fix" IS save game compatible - the only thing it does is to change graphic files the game refers to from original EB into "fixed" ones; so the EB files remain in place while there are some new added.

2. NO, UI cards and unit graphics shown when right-clicking the unit in army list is different - to match the unit skin

3. FCDon't remember - I'll have to look into the files. IIRC the FCs have different look, but that may not be true - I wanted them to look different but I'm not sure whether I did it.

Seer7
05-25-2008, 19:36
@Darth Stalin

Hey,

I've noticed that a recent fix for 1.1 (the sprite fixes) would be incompatible with the changes you've made to the desc_model_battle file. I'd like to edit the file so the two could coexist, but are unsure of how to do it. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Since these changes are retroactive I'm not in any rush, it'd just be really cool to have.

First post! :horn:

Darth Stalin
05-25-2008, 19:53
Hmmm?
IIRC I haven't done anything to sprites, but... maybe I forgot something?
I'll have to look into the sprites fix and see what has changed

mucky305
05-27-2008, 14:30
@obelics

Yes it can be fixed. If you want to give me access to the 0.74 model, skin, and unit card files, I'd be happy to fix it. It would basically just consist of changing the DMB entry in Darth Stalin's fix to show the 0.74 Imperial Legion skin (same model and unit cards) and then copy/paste the new skin into the models_unit/textures/roman folder. Let me know.

mucky305
05-31-2008, 17:39
The LS reskin that I have been working on is finished. I will be posting a link and hopefully some screenies shortly.

Mediteran
05-31-2008, 17:45
hey, just a question, what exactly is wrong with romans in eb 1.1? and is this compatible with the sprites fix?

mucky305
06-02-2008, 16:23
@Mediteran
The sprite fix isn't compatible with this fix as it would overwrite the DMB file and break this fix. I'm pretty sure this fix contains the sprite fix but you can download the sprite fix and just copy and paste the sprite folder from the sprite fix into your EB data folder. Good luck.

Atanamir
06-02-2008, 16:53
@Mediteran
The sprite fix isn't compatible with this fix as it would overwrite the DMB file and break this fix. I'm pretty sure this fix contains the sprite fix but you can download the sprite fix and just copy and paste the sprite folder from the sprite fix into your EB data folder. Good luck.

So I should apply first The sprite fix then This fix ?????...:book:

mucky305
06-02-2008, 17:53
DS' fix does not include the sprites themselves but I believe it does contain the patched DMB file so yes, if you install the sprite fix and then this fix, it SHOULD work. Darth is also very helpful so I'm sure he can provide some insight once he signs on. The fix I created is compatible but it has Lorica Segmentata rather than the historically accurate Hamata.

Atanamir
06-02-2008, 18:01
DS' fix does not include the sprites themselves but I believe it does contain the patched DMB file so yes, if you install the sprite fix and then this fix, it SHOULD work. Darth is also very helpful so I'm sure he can provide some insight once he signs on. The fix I created is compatible but it has Lorica Segmentata rather than the historically accurate Hamata.

Thanks...:yes:

Obelics
06-03-2008, 20:15
Mucky and Altamir, could you write down a list of the Files you need from 0.74? cause as i sayd to Altamir im not a game modder.

Are this two files in the models_unit directory?:
EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_MED.CAS
EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_HIGH.CAS

let me know.

mucky305
06-03-2008, 21:13
@obelics

The file would be a tga.dds file and most likely on the following path EB/data/models_units/textures/roman. I would need anything that is labeled with words like "imperatoria" or "legionary cohort", something to that effect. You posted screenshots of the evocatae, praetorians, and imperial legionaries a while ago and the skin that was on the imperial legionary was correct so the correct filename and path should be listed in the DMB file (in your 0.74 copy) on the "texture" line of the DMB entry for the imperial legionary cohort. If need be, you can give me access to your models_unit/textures folder in your 0.74 copy, I can pick out the file and make the change, then post the fix.

@Darth

Please let me know if you do not want me modding your work as I don't want to insult anyone or step on toes, I just want to give back to the EB community a little bit of the enjoyment that I've gotten from this great mod. Thanks!:2thumbsup:

fenix3279
06-03-2008, 21:23
Unzip into EB folder => when I mean "vanila EB" I mean EB 1.1 WITHOUT any mods installed on it and installed on RTW 1.5.
Any type of EB being modded/minimodded (like with Spoils of Victory, Phalanx, CityMod) is no longer the "vanilla EB".

BTW: I'm still waiting for an answer from codders of EB - is it possible to make a line of unit recruitment as I wrote (to have a condition being another bulding, not "hiddedn resource" or "marian_reforms"?
What about force diplomacy? I downloaded the skin mod and tried to play the old units in custom battle. The same from 1.1 are still there. Something I'm doing wrong?

Atanamir
06-03-2008, 21:27
Mucky and Altamir, could you write down a list of the Files you need from 0.74? cause as i sayd to Altamir im not a game modder.

Are this two files in the models_unit directory?:
EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_MED.CAS
EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_HIGH.CAS

let me know.

Thanks alot Obelics , my friend :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Obelics
06-03-2008, 22:00
no prob Atanamir:beam:

If i well understood it shoudl be this file in the data/model_unit/texture directory?
EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_JULII.TGA.DDS

https://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8906/ebunitpromenewunitromanjp5.jpg

here's the link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/39606565/EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_JULII.TGA.DDS.html

hope it helps really im dumb when it comes to this kind of things.

fenix3279
06-04-2008, 06:25
Okay, this isn't good. I downloaded the skinfix but due to my sheer stupidity, I forgot to backup the selected files. Now when I try to "continue campaign," it brings up the loading bar (which quickly fills up) and then takes me right back to the EB main screen. It does this over and over. Even "load campaign" doesn't work. I'm asking for help on getting back the original files. I've been playing as the Aedui for months now. It'd be a shame to have to start over.
Since I downloaded the mod in a hurry today, I'm not sure which files were overwritten. Can anyone help? I have a balloon :balloon2:

Atanamir
06-04-2008, 07:36
no prob Atanamir:beam:

If i well understood it shoudl be this file in the data/model_unit/texture directory?
EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_JULII.TGA.DDS

https://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8906/ebunitpromenewunitromanjp5.jpg

here's the link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/39606565/EBUNIT_PROME_NEW_UNIT_ROMAN_LEGIONEAUGUSTEA_JULII.TGA.DDS.html

hope it helps really im dumb when it comes to this kind of things.

I justs fix helmet "the current black helmet issue" and Cohors Imperatoria helmets are again shiny!!!!!

Thanks a lot Darth Stalin for this fix :2thumbsup:

Thanks a lot mucky305 for your efforts :book:

Thanks a lot Obelics for your help :beam:

mucky305
06-04-2008, 13:20
The fix link is here:

http://files.filefront.com/DS+RomaniFix+Updaterar/;10490293;/fileinfo.html

This is only an update to Darth Stalin's full mod. It includes all his original files with the exception that the previous Cohors Imperatoria skin has been changed to the Gallic helmet skin (submitted by Obelics). No other changes have been made. I have not play tested so please let me know if it works.

Good luck and good gaming!:beam:

Obelics
06-05-2008, 19:09
great news people, i will try it as soon as i can. (I didn't notice the 0.72/74 legion had the gallic helmets while the 0.81 had the 1th world war german "pointed" helmet lol, i like better those gallic ones.

@mucky if you want you can use that image i posted, there is no problem (i see you deleted it).

EDIT: nevermind, i didn't noticed you opened a new thread :)

Darth Stalin
06-06-2008, 09:09
@mucky305:
OK, thanks a lot for Your work! I’ve only taken “old” Romans and put them into new EB; You did much more work.
In fact I’d have to ask You for permission to use Yours Legionaries in what I’m gonna do as “my” mini-mod (compilation of various mini-mods and my own ideas.

@All others users:
sorry for being absent so long, but I had lots of non-EB-related work in real life to do...
I’ve downloaded the sprite fix and I’m gonna to look into its files – mostly the DMB file; I’ll merge my changes with the fix and upload the changed fix so as it would fit with “official” sprite fix.
I think that maybe I’ll be able to merge my fix with mucky’s – as he’s the author of updated legionaries – maybe this can be renamed as “Mucky’s and DS’ Legionaries minimod”?

Of course first I’ll look into results of mucky’s work – I can’t wait to see these guys in combat...
Thanks for Your work, mucky!

QuintusSertorius
06-06-2008, 11:18
I don't get it, what did the problem look like?

Obelics
06-06-2008, 12:53
I don't get it, what did the problem look like?

well, it's not a great problem, is just that the previous "fix" had the 0.81 imperatoria skins, they didn't adapted very well, to the 1.1 models i think, so they look with the "black" rear helmet (look the picture in the first page of this thread).

The fix by mucky uses the 0.74 (not the 0.81) prometheus skins (using the gallic helmet, not the pointed helmet of 0.81), so the black rear helmet should be fixed. But i still have not tryed the mucky fix so i dont know if it works, Altamir seems have tryed it and sayd it works (look at the picture in the mucky thread https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=104432 )

To see if the mucky fix works, start a custom battle with the "multiplayer launcher") and use some cohors imperatoria, if you dont notice the black rear helmet, than it works.

QuintusSertorius
06-06-2008, 13:12
Oh, so it's only a minor cosmetic thing. Not worth me mucking around with my setup, to be honest. I rarely look that closely at anything during battles anyway.

Blazing141
07-10-2008, 07:43
@mucky305:
OK, thanks a lot for Your work! I’ve only taken “old” Romans and put them into new EB; You did much more work.
In fact I’d have to ask You for permission to use Yours Legionaries in what I’m gonna do as “my” mini-mod (compilation of various mini-mods and my own ideas.

@All others users:
sorry for being absent so long, but I had lots of non-EB-related work in real life to do...
I’ve downloaded the sprite fix and I’m gonna to look into its files – mostly the DMB file; I’ll merge my changes with the fix and upload the changed fix so as it would fit with “official” sprite fix.
I think that maybe I’ll be able to merge my fix with mucky’s – as he’s the author of updated legionaries – maybe this can be renamed as “Mucky’s and DS’ Legionaries minimod”?

Of course first I’ll look into results of mucky’s work – I can’t wait to see these guys in combat...
Thanks for Your work, mucky!

Hi DS,
Any luck merging the files and getting them to work and posting the result?
Whenever I try to load your skins, the game just goes to title screen and then stops....I'd love to get the latest fix of this.

thanks

mucky305
07-11-2008, 14:18
what's the name of the file you are trying to use?

Blazing141
07-11-2008, 15:53
I tried to use bot Romani Fix AND Romani Fix-Update....and neither worked...

Blazing141
07-11-2008, 16:06
Also, I'm playing with Alex.exe. I dont think it should matter, but just so you know.

Can you specify where the files should go? All my RTW stuff is in RTW-EB1.1 folder (in that folder is Alx, RTW, BI, and their repsective Data files...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Blazing141
07-11-2008, 17:04
Never Mind. I figured it out. Sorry to bother you.

mucky305
07-11-2008, 17:42
No worries, Just make sure you extract into the correct folder as this is the cause of most problems.

Blazing141
07-11-2008, 18:33
My problem was I didnt install the basic fix first....

kingsword
07-11-2008, 21:45
So this works with ALX.exe without problem, right? I was hesitating if it would cause a problem together.

mp0925
07-12-2008, 01:49
so do i put it in C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Copy of Rome - Total War or
C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Copy of Rome - Total War\EB?

mucky305
07-15-2008, 16:58
@ King - yes this fix is compatible with the ALX.exe changes
@ MP - extract to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Copy of Rome - Total War

Basic rule is to look in the zip file and look at the header file (the one with all the files in it) and extract to the folder which houses the header folder. Always one level above. If you extract into your EB folder, you would end up with an EB folder inside your EB folder.