PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Team Members Required For Troy: Total War Sequel

Zenith Darksea
04-21-2008, 13:50
Dear all,

Troy: Total War was an ambitious mod for RTW:BI that, despite being beset by several nearly disastrous problems, reached a v4.5 release and developed a considerable following on TWC (which it still enjoys). However, it's not enough. The accomplished skinner Zhuge Liang and myself (the historian and conceptualist) have teamed up again for a new project.

For one thing, the new modding possibilities of Kingdoms allow us to take a new approach to the idea of a Trojan War mod that wasn't possible for RTW-BI - it is an approach that requires less work, fewer team members and thus will hopefully create fewer problems, while at the same time resulting in a much more intense and interesting mod.

I shan't give away too many details of what is planned, since it is intended to be quite special. However, the idea is to pit two factions - the Sons of the Achaeans and the Trojan Alliance - against each other in deadly combat (no alliances or trade rights, just war). The Achaeans (Greeks) will have to keep conquering and sacking cities in order to pay for vital reinforcements to be sent from their homeland, while the Trojans will have to desperately beat the vast Achaean hordes back to survive. Over all the fighting hang the shadows of great heroes such as Agamemnon, Hektor, Menelaos... and Achilleus (and many more!). What is the name of this mod? It is Aristeia - the Homeric word for a hero's unstoppable killing-spree on the battlefield.

I said earlier that the project wouldn't require a large team. So far we have two team members who are quite capable of handling graphics and research/literature, but we shall require people with the following skills:

- Mapping
- Coding
- Scripting
- Artwork

Further details of the mod are available only to those who commit to take part. Thank you for your attention, and if you are interested, send me a PM.

ZD