PDA

View Full Version : New family member after conquering a town

ziegenpeter
04-23-2008, 11:50
Would it be possible to make a trigger, that asks you sometimes after you have conquered a town, if you want to adopt a new fam member? That could simulate
a "turncoat" local noble and make your administration better.

Foot
04-23-2008, 12:47
As far as I know it is impossible to spawn a family member, but you can spawn a general. Whether this is something we will do, as I imagine it will mean enlarging the script by some huge amount.

Foot

ziegenpeter
04-23-2008, 12:59
Sorry, then replace "family member" by "general".

Hax
04-23-2008, 13:28
..install a Type IV government?

ziegenpeter
04-23-2008, 13:51
And recruite a General and THEN destroy the Type IV an rebuild a gov of my choice if I don't want a type IV gov?

Foot
04-23-2008, 14:54
No, a type IV gov spawns a general anyway. Hell he ain't that useful as he has to stick in the settlement, but so be it. Anyway, EBII is far off in this regard and we haven't decided on how we are going to implement everything from EBI.

Foot

Hax
04-23-2008, 21:26
And recruite a General and THEN destroy the Type IV an rebuild a gov of my choice if I don't want a type IV gov?

Why?

The whole point of letting a foreign noble in command of the city was to preserve the illusion of autonomy. Why put a noble in charge if you plan to annex the entire settlement to your side in the first place?

Cartaphilus
04-28-2008, 13:34
Type IV government's spawn general system is ok, but the trait that limits the movement should be removed, at least partially.

Spawn more turncoat nobles could be useful, now some factions are always missing more generals.

Hax
04-28-2008, 17:49
Type IV government's spawn general system is ok, but the trait that limits the movement should be removed, at least partially.

You absolutely sure you're playing EB 1.1?

General Appo
04-28-2008, 18:02
Why the hell should the client king/governor/senate (if you´re roleplaying) be able to leave his province? He´s there just to represent a client ruler(s) to maintain a facade of independence, it wouldn´t do well if he went abroad to fight in the army of what are supposedly just his allies for a decade.
If you want a allied general then you can recruit one in the L5 regional MIC, and if you want one fast you can just use process_cheat to get the right building, recruit the general and then destroy the barracks. Easy as that.

Cartaphilus
04-29-2008, 11:37
You absolutely sure you're playing EB 1.1?

I'm sorry. I have just start playing EB1.1 (with the Arverni) and I don't have any client ruler yet. :sweatdrop:

Ibrahim
05-04-2008, 00:11
I use me client ruler in Atiqa to fight for me (got 2, one is under siege and is doomed in Adrumeto)