PDA

View Full Version : I can't download it!

Noddy The Beefy Egg
04-24-2008, 03:52
:help: error 404, filefront homepage and more!

Noddy The Beefy Egg
04-24-2008, 04:12
at filefront, it sends me to the homepage. at internetwar.ru, i got a 404 error and in itap.ua i got not found. and in Oim home, the letters look strange. Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!:help:

Raz
04-30-2008, 09:28
Those "strange letters" are Russian. Hence the ".ru" at the end of the domain.
Anyway, unfortunately, I believe this mod is dead. :shame: You could try PMing the developers in an attempt to get them to re-host it.

Noddy The Beefy Egg
05-04-2008, 18:06
ok. at filefront, it sends me to the homepage. why?

SHREDDER
05-06-2008, 10:37
Hello! this modification did not die. We prepare the English-language release now. It is needed yet a bit to wait

Noddy The Beefy Egg
05-07-2008, 02:02
wait, then download at filefront?

Wladyslaw IV
05-07-2008, 22:58
ok. at filefront, it sends me to the homepage. why?

Filefront does that when the download has been removed (not the link, the uploaded mod).

GhostOfDisco
07-18-2008, 01:03
Downloaded the "lite English" version the other night (from the reenactor site that's hosting it), installed it, tried playing it. I was able to see the custom loading screens, title etc., and was able to get to the custom campaign as well as the custom battle stuff, but when the game tried to start actual gameplay (either strategic or real time), the game just quit.

Why the heck would it do this? My copy of Barbarian Invasion is from the RTW Gold Edition and for some reason I can't play the regular RTW.

Also, how do you uninstall the mod (without uninstalling the game?)

Herr_Lindstrom
07-21-2008, 10:48
I cant stress to you enough at how important it is to backup your whole RTW file before you edit or download anything that modifies or connects itself to your main game folder. or else this will happen :help: :book: :oops: good thing for me i have a backup of RTW because of a self project that i no longer continued. so i guess i will install it there :beam:

GhostOfDisco
07-29-2008, 20:13
You advice to back up Rome: Total War and BI is a good one, and one I used the last time I tried to play OiM.

it does not, however, explain why I cannot play the mod, or how to fix the problem.