PDA

View Full Version : Chancellor's Reports

TinCow
04-24-2008, 16:10
This thread is for the Test Game start-of-turn Chancellor's Reports and general game management. Players who are not Chancellor should post in here only to say that they are taking the save and then to upload the new save. For convenience, here are the links to the two PBM File Uploaders:

Org File Uploader (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Uploaders/pbmupload.php)
Backup File Uploader (http://www.mizus.com/files/pbmupload.php)

GeneralHankerchief
04-24-2008, 20:03
The save is now open to all of those who have Private/Royal armies to move around. You will have 24 hours to make your moves at which point I will take over and finish off the turn.

For those unfamiliar with KotR, it is customary etiquette to state that you are taking the save in this thread (first come, first served), complete your moves quickly, and then post the new save here in a new post. As Chancellor, I reserve the right to declare the status of the save at any time and determine if a person is taking too long with their actions.

Save:
http://mizus.com/files/pbm/FranceTest_start.zip

Good luck. :2thumbsup:

Privateerkev
04-24-2008, 20:11
Taking the save.

Privateerkev
04-24-2008, 20:22
nevermind, play off of the save in GH's link.

sorry... :embarassed:

The Lemongate
04-26-2008, 01:52
I got the save. Should put it back in a few minutes with a bonus Frankfurt.

Edit: And here it is --> http://mizus.com/files/pbm/FranceTest_start2.rar

OverKnight
04-29-2008, 15:25
Chancellor's Report for 1144

Domestic Affairs:

The prioritized builds for Paris and Metz were begun. The walls of newly conquered Frankfurt were also repaired.

Unfortunately many of the Lords of the Realm do not wish to squeeze the peasants, due to this, I was unable to initiate any other buildings. Further funding of construction will be based on an evaluation of who is actually contributing to the coffers.

Marquess Raoulet Poitevin has conquered Frankfurt and added it to his personal domain.

Foreign Affairs:

At the beginning of 1146, we reached a trade agreement with the Moors.

In darker news, the Sicilians have laid siege to Ajaccio. We are now at war with them. The garrison is small, and there are no nobles in the area to lead a timely relief, it is likely that Corsica will fall.

As a reminder, we are now at war with the Holy Roman Empire and the Sicilians. The HRE has also announced a new alliance with Spain.

Military Affairs:

King Henry's royal army moved east, they should be able to reach Staufen by 1148. Due to inadequate taxation, the fort his Majesty requested was not built.

Anjou:
Marquess Raoulet Poitevin's private army seized Frankfurt and then marched south.

Count Bohemund's army remains in Bern.

Viscount Jacques's army remains on the Rhine bridge since no orders were issued. I must remind all Nobles that if they do not issue commands for their forces, I will do so in the future.

Gascony:
Count Guillemot's and Viscount Richart's now lie outside the walls of Angevin Dijon. A siege may begin in 1146.

The Count requested that his nobles located in Iberia move east, however both Baron Marcel and Baronet Michiel had issued standing orders that the garrisons of their respective cities be left intact. Since both men and their retainers are part of the garrisons, they remained in place. (OOC: I erred on the side of caution, PK should coordinate with deguerra and PrinceofTroy on this issue.)

Albion:
Viscount Henry's private army moved south to garrison London.

Normandy:
My royal army remains in Caen.

The initial save for 1146:
http://mizus.com/files/pbm/FranceTest-1146.zip

Have at it! Just remember, post when you save and post with a link to the new save. A brief report, public or pm, on what you did with the save would be appreciated.

OOC: Let me know if I missed anything in the report, I'm still shaking off the rust. Keep in mind there aren't as many bells and whistles as a KotR report because this is just a test game. I'm trying to keep it simple and direct.

deguerra
04-29-2008, 23:42
OK, you did fine. Michiel did not want to move, I will let you know if he does.

On that note, am I allowed to move him myself?

Cecil XIX
04-30-2008, 03:26
Indeed, you can take the save to do so if you want. Remeber, the nearest noble is hundreds of miles away. :eyebrows:

Ramses II CP
04-30-2008, 17:44
edit: Didn't actually happen. ;)

:egypt:

TinCow
04-30-2008, 23:51
The Battle of Dijon - 1146 AD

Count Guillemot de Lyon and his vassal, Viscount Richart Marcel, advanced immediately to take the city of Dijon by storm. The garrison, knowing they could not hope to hold the city alone, and with their Lord far away and unable to provide aid, decided to attempt to flee north to the presumed safety of King Philip's army. Unfortunately, Count de Lyon had anticipated just such a move and had positioned his own force to the north of the city to block the route to the still neutral King. Viscount Marcel's force was tied down to the west of the city with the preparations for the siege and by the slow-moving ballista. However, this hardly mattered as the garrison of Dijon were vastly outnumbered. When they saw Count de Lyon's army closing on them, they bravely formed up into battle lines.

Yet, bravery was no protection against arrows and bolts, which the 1st Gascon Army had in plenty. The initial volleys inflicted terrible casualties on the militiamen. In desperation, their Captain ordered a charge into the enemy lines. It was a brave move, but the men were poorly trained and vastly outnumbered. A counter charge by several regiments of Count de Lyon's spearmen routed the entire army. Half of the garrison was killed outright on the field, and many more were caught while fleeing. The survivors that eventually trickled in to King Philip's camp only amounted to a single regiment of Spear Militia. Count de Lyon's losses were negligible. Only 8 men fell on the field, and they were easily replaced by readily available reserves.

Dijon is now the property of Count Guillemot de Lyon.

New Save: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1146-2.zip
Battle Replay: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/Dijon.zip

Notes: Custom Battles did not allow me to use mercenary spearmen or crossbowmen, both of which were in the Gascon army. I substituted armored sergeants for the merc spearmen and peasant crossbowmen for the merc crossbowmen. The first choice was easy, since they have almost identical stats. The second choice was a bit tricky, since peasant crossbowmen do not have long range missiles. However, the only other option was using a unit that was vastly superior to merc crossbowmen (i.e. Pavise Crossbowmen or Aventuriers). Since the garrison army didn't have any ranged units anyway, I saw no harm in going for the less powerful substitutes.

The new saved game is the same as the previous one, except that two of the regiments of Spear Militia have been deleted from King Philip's army. In addition, Guillemot de Lyon and his army have occupied Dijon. It is now considered his property and he may use it however he wishes.

PrinceofTroy
05-01-2008, 00:04
I took the save and moved my avatar and some units: http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/FranceTest-1146-3.sav

OverKnight
05-01-2008, 19:28
Chancellor's Report for 1146

Domestic Affairs:

The garrison of Ajaccio sallied against the Sicilians. Though a brave act the city has been lost. King Phillip no longer owns Ajaccio.

Foreign Affairs:

Shortly after the taking of Corsica, a Sicilian Princess arrived with a peace offer. The return of Corsica was seen as very demanding. However, I have agreed to a ceasefire. The Sicilians will pay us a total of 3500 florins over 5 years as recompense, and we have reestablished trade rights.

Military Affairs:

King Henry's royal army moved further east and is now near Metz.

Anjou:
Marquess Raoulet Poitevin's private army marched west and is also near Metz.

Count Bohemund's army remains in Bern.

Viscount Jacques's army remains on the Rhine bridge since no orders were issued again. However his presence there does block any German moves from the south to retake Frankfurt.

Gascony:
Count Guillemot's private army moved to the bridge south of Metz. The leaders of Gascony, Anjou and our Kingdom are now very close to each other. The new year might bring further conflict in the Civil War. Viscount Richart's private army is now garrisoning Dijon.

Baron Marcel and Baronet Michiel are moving east from Iberia with a small hodge podge of forces.

Albion:
No change.

Normandy:
I have moved to rid the Parisian countryside of outlaws. I should bring them to battle in 1148.

The initial save for 1148:
http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1148-init.zip

Have at it! Just remember, post when you save and post with a link to the new save. A brief report, public or pm, on what you did with the save would be appreciated. Also remember to compress the save file before uploading.

The Lemongate
05-01-2008, 22:22
Taking the save.

And here it is: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1148-Anj.rar

I transfered troops from Viscount Jaques de Toulouse's army to mine (it was discussed in PM with gibsonsg if you want to confirm).

To bolster Viscount Jaques de Toulouse's position I also transfered my troops from Frankfurt into his army leaving only the siege equipment in Frankfurt.

The taxes in Frankfurt were set to low!

And that's that!

Ramses II CP
05-02-2008, 13:58
I'm taking the save momentarily to transfer troops to Anjou. I'll send a round of PMs afterward.

Ramses II CP
05-02-2008, 14:11
http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1148-2.zip

I transferred and swapped around troops to bolster the Marquess, took the remnants and lay siege to Staufen.

OverKnight
05-02-2008, 20:34
Chancellor's Report for 1148

Domestic Affairs:

The priority builds for Metz (Drill Square) and Marseille (Walls) have been completed.

Foreign Affairs:

None

Military Affairs:

King Henry's royal army besieged Staufen.

Anjou:
Marquess Raoulet Poitevin's private army, reinforced by Royal troops and some units from Jacque's army, remains east of Metz.

Count Bohemund's private army remains in Bern.

Viscount Jacques's private army has marched a bit east to seek out Germans.

Gascony:
Count Guillemot's private army is now west of Rheims.

Viscount Richart's private army is still garrisoning Dijon.

Baron Marcel and Baronet Michiel continue east.

Albion:
No change.

Normandy:
I have rid the Parisian countryside of outlaws.

The initial save for 1150:
http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1150-init.zip

Have at it! Just remember, post when you save and post with a link to the new save. A brief report, public or pm, on what you did with the save would be appreciated. Also remember to compress the save file before uploading.

Privateerkev
05-03-2008, 03:43
taking the save...

Privateerkev
05-03-2008, 04:01
And here it is: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1150-1.zip

Guillemot felt like taking a leisurely night stroll along a bridge... with a couple thousand of his closest friends...

;)

Troop transfer done with OverKnight's approval

Ramses II CP
05-03-2008, 04:35
I snagged the save and captured Staufen.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1150-2.zip

The castle was occupied and is now in Imperial hands.

deguerra
05-03-2008, 06:20
Imperial hands? Methinks someone is still playing KotR :laugh4:

PrinceofTroy
05-03-2008, 13:17
Took the save,
http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/FranceTest-1150-Gasc.sav
And here it is! Just moved some regiments from Tolouse to....uh, defend against the Spanish Threat.:clown:

_Tristan_
05-03-2008, 17:51
Took the save and moved Bohemond to keep company to our Gascon "friend" Guillemot

http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/FranceTest-1150-3.rar

Ramses II CP
05-03-2008, 18:21
Taking the save to... well, I'll post after I've done it and we can discuss the implications. :laugh4:

edit: Provisional save, you might want to wait until we've figured out if I can actually do what I did before you move forward from this one.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1150-4.zip

See the OOC thread for details.

Ramses II CP
05-03-2008, 18:43
Imperial hands? Methinks someone is still playing KotR :laugh4:

I am the King after all, I'll call my country an Imperium if I want! :clown:

The Lemongate
05-03-2008, 18:46
Hmm just posting here to make it clear that I'm waiting for a general OK to Ramses' move before I take the save (consider it taken if his move is legit).

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1150-5.rar

Here it is. And I initiate battle against Guillaumont.

TinCow
05-05-2008, 14:16
Was able to get the battle done over coffee this morning. Did the write-up at work over my second cup of coffee.

The Battle of the Rhine - 1150 AD

After his victory at Dijon, Count Guillemot de Lyon advanced to the Rhine river, choosing to encamp at a bridge crossing which provided an excellent defensive location. The Count took with him a large force of high-quality professional soldiers, intent on destroying Anjou's opposition in a decisive battle. However, the rival House was not to be undone so easily. Count de Lyon's position left him isolated from his vassals and his enemies chose that moment to strike. In a bold move, Marquess Raoulet Poitevin marched directly to confront the First Gascony Army, his own force supplemented by elite reserves from King Philip's own Royal Army. At the same time, the loyal Count Bohemond Chanteur made a sudden march to Count de Lyon's rear, preventing his retreat and threatening a flanking attack. The Lord of Gascony could not escape without a battle, and it would be a battle in which he was outnumbered and outflanked.

Sensing that he was at a disadvantage, Count de Lyon chose to make his stand on his own terms. In an aggressive move, he went over to the attack and crossed to the east side of the bridge, held by Marquess Poitevin. The Marquess was not expecting such a move, and his army was encamped away from the actual bridgehead, on a high hill overlooking the battlefield. However, the Gasconian crossing was not to be uncontested. Count Chanteur, seeing his enemy escaping, paralleled the Gasconian crossing at a ford north of the river. The smaller Anjou force then turned south and fell upon the First Gascony Army while its deployment was only half-complete. A full third of the Gasconians were caught on the bridge, isolated from the main line which was forming up at the bottom of the hill, facing the main Anjou force. This gave Marquess Poitevin a significant advantage in numbers, but at a high price to his vassal's army.

Count Chanteur'infantry were almost entirely unarmored and even with the main body of Gasconian infantry off facing the hill, they did not outnumber the enemy. Count Chanteur's experienced knights wrecked havoc on the enemy, but his infantry began to fall quickly to their heavily armored opponents. Meanwhile, Marquess Poitevin took advantage of the situation and ordered a general cavalry charge against the Gasconian line at the bottom of the hill. The Anjou army was heavy in armored cavalry and it was time to show the upstart Lord of Gascony how chivalrous men were meant to fight. Four entire regiments of Mailed Knights charged down the hill at Count de Lyon's men... and right into a fully-formed and braced line of Armored Spearmen. The charge came to a dead halt within moments, and horses and men began to fall. Within moments, the charge had been broken, and most of the knights were routed and fleeing. Distressed by the carnage, Marquess Poitevin ordered a general charge, and the entire Anjou force began to pour down the hill.

They ran into a hail of bolts and fire arrows, further adding to the flagging morale of the Anjou soldiers who had just seen their noble 'betters' flee from the enemy in disgrace. The Gasconian infantry fell into a staggered formation, which allowed some of the Anjou units to penetrate between their lines when the rush reached them. However, this was part of a plan, not negligence, and the Gasconians quickly closed on these penetrating forces, isolating and flanking them from all sides. These salients were quickly routed to grievous loss. It was at about this time that the battle at the bridge itself finally ended, with Count Chanteur's men breaking and fleeing for their lives. The Gasconian regiments which had been tied down in this action then moved to join the rest of the army in the main battle. The added reinforcements further bolstered the morale of the First Army of Gascony, and only added to the demoralization of their foes.

A grueling melee ensued, with both sides sending regiment after regiment into combat. Men on each side routed, reformed, and resumed the battle, but the initial losses Anjou suffered were grievous. Not even the brave Knights Templar were able to achieve more than a local victory. Wherever they went, Gasconian regiments were defeated and turned to run, but when the Templar moved on, these units simply reformed and returned to the battle. Eventually even these brave men were cut down and forced to flee. Anjou fought bravely down to the end, but the result was unavoidable.

When the last organized resistance ended, Count Chanteur and Marquess Poitevin broke off and galloped for the forests. Count de Lyon ordered a pursuit of the two men, but his army was tired and the terrain was unfamiliar. The noblemen of Anjou escaped with their lives and their freedom, though at a considerable cost. Their armies had been almost completely destroyed, with only a small number of Armored Sergeants remaining with Marquess Poitevin, and a handful of Peasant Crossbowmen with Count Chanteur. Count de Lyon's army had also suffered massive losses, amounting to nearly two-thirds of its manpower, but it was still intact and capable of continuing the offensive.

Save: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1150-6.zip
Replay: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/Bridge.zip

Notes: A surprising result. As with before, Guillemot's mercs were represented by similar substitute units. Armored Sergeants for the merc spearmen, and Pavise Crossbowmen for the merc crossbowmen. The higher quality crossbowmen were given because Gascony was at a disadvantage and the longer range stat might have been important. This was balanced out by allowing both sides to keep all of their units on the field, even though Anjou had several depleted units. Thus, Anjou was actually numerically stronger in the custom battle than on the map.

The custom battle did not allow me to put two allied armies on opposite sides of the bridge. The setup was with the smaller force to the north of the bridge and the larger force to the south of the bridge. Not ideal, but I didn't see an alternative. Surprisingly, the Gascony army didn't wait to be attacked and charged across the bridge. Since neither Anjou army was at the bridgehead, they largely made it across intact, until the smaller force from the north fell on them. The rest of the battle proceeded according to the write-up, though the 'melee' between the two main lines were really just a chaotic jumble without any real lines that could be discerned. I'm not entirely sure why, but the Anjou side simply routed more often and thus took far higher casualties.

None of the three generals fell in the battle. So, at the end I rolled a die for both Poitevin and Chanteur. 50/50 odds to escape or be captured. Both got lucky, but they have essentially no army left to them. The following will be done to mimic their escape:

1) Poitevin and Chanteur can use any remaining movement points this turn. de Lyon cannot move this turn.
2) Count de Lyon cannot move next turn until either both Poitevin and Chanteur have been moved or the full 24 hour time period has expired. If the time expires, then PK will be given an extra 24 hours to complete his move.

TinCow
05-06-2008, 00:35
A situation has been brought to my attention which would result in Poitevin and/or Chanteur being attacked a second time this round. That was not my intention in writing the post-battle restrictions. Thus, the new restrictions are:

1) Poitevin and Chanteur can use any remaining movement points this turn. de Lyon cannot move this turn.
2) Poitevin and Chanteur cannot be attacked for the remainder of this turn. Any hostile armies that move adjacent to them will simply continue on about their business as if Poitevin and Chanteur were not adjacent to them.
3) Count de Lyon and Viscount Marcel cannot move next turn until either both Poitevin and Chanteur have been moved or the full 24 hour time period has expired. If the time expires, then Ig and PK will be given an extra 24 hours to complete their moves.

The Lemongate
05-06-2008, 04:00
I take the save.

Here it is, I just moved my army towards Frankfurt.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1150-6-1.rar

On a related note, what naming policy do we go by for the saves... I'm really going at it randomly.

OverKnight
05-06-2008, 14:25
Chancellor's Report for 1150

Domestic Affairs:

Replacement of the Royal Armies has consumed all funds.

Count Guillemot has declared war on King Phillip.

Foreign Affairs:

We have exchanged maps and trade rights with the Rus.

Our Papal relations have risen to very good.

Military Affairs:

The Battle of the Rhine has destroyed two private armies, devastated another and denuded a Royal army.

King Phillip's attack by proxy on Gascony has cost him his entire army. Alone in hostile territory, he hired a unit of Frankish Knights, the only mercenaries available in the area. The King has called on on Rheims (spear militia), Metz (armored spearmen and two sergeant spearmen) and Staufen (Feudal Knights and two peasant crossbowmen) to refill his ranks. This, plus another missile regiment recruited later, will serve as his new army. The question is if he can gather these men in time.

OOC: I did the best I could to find men nearby.

Anjou:
Marquess Raoulet Poitevin's private army has almost ceased to exist, the remnants are still south of Metz.

Count Bohemund's private army is only in slightly better shape and is across the Rhine.

Viscount Jacques's private army has marched northeast hunting Germans. A German force of spearmen subsequently trailed him, but did not offer battle. The Viscount has a fine opportunity to crush a lesser force.

Gascony:
Count Guillemot's army remains on the bridge over the Rhine. While the army took heavy losses, it still meets the requirements of a private army.

Viscount Richart's private army has moved up to the Rhine southeast of Count Guillemot. Count Bohemund's army is wedged between them.

Baron Marcel and Baronet Michiel continue east.

Albion:
No change.

Normandy:
Reinforcements for my army are making their way from Caen.

The initial save for 1152:
http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1152-0.zip

Have at it! Just remember, post when you save and post with a link to the new save. New saves should be titled in numerical sequence (the initial save is 1152-0, so the next save uploaded should be 1152-1 and so on). A brief report, public or pm, on what you did with the save would be appreciated. Also remember to compress the save file before uploading.

Ramses II CP
05-06-2008, 17:54
New save:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/FranceTest-1152-1.zip

Moved the King and sent his mercenaries to Bern. You can consider him as having registered a protest over the failure of the Chancellor to fully reinforce his royal army. :laugh4:

Seriously though, does the Chancellor have to march those men after the King now to complete the act of reinforcing him? Can I give those men orders like they're already in my royal army? What's the mechanism here?

Ramses II CP
05-06-2008, 22:00
The King has called for an Emergency Diet Session. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the save is frozen until that matter is decided.