PDA

View Full Version : siege & blockade

Lucio Domicio Aureliano
04-25-2008, 16:28
Hello

I would like to know if there is a possiblity of when a city is being siege in order to win for starvation, the attackers must impose a blockade at same time. Since in the ancient world some cities had their ports in the city it self and when the port is nearby, they build a wall from the city to the port.
Maybe this can add a greater importance to the sea and would be more historical.

Thanks, keep on the remarkable job. The best mod ever made!!!

Strategos Alexandros
04-25-2008, 17:07
I don't think it can be modded in but you could always roleplay it.

General Appo
04-25-2008, 20:19
When I play as the Romani I always blockade the port. If I for example besiege Syrakousai which was a port city then I have to blockade it with a fleet, but if I besiege Rhegion I´m confined with simply sending two units to the port that I´m pretty certain is supposed to represent Croton, thereby representing that those units have occupied Croton. Of course Croton wouldn´t just open its gates unless things were really going the Romans way, so I don´t send those units there until I´m already besieging Rhegion and is just overall controlling the area.

Lucio Domicio Aureliano
04-25-2008, 22:15
Impose a blockade is usually a good idea, but i think it should be mandatory to impose a blockade in the cities that historically were a port city, like syracuse or alexandria. Of course if this can be done, look is like it can`t.