PDA

View Full Version : Visibile buildings on campaign map

Alexander the Pretty Good
04-28-2008, 02:25
:shifty:

Just how big are these buildings going to be? Sure, a fortress might take up the same graphical area as the representative of an army, but if Empire follows the past Total War games, just how visible will the stables improvement be?

Grumble grumble all hypothetical change is bad grumble

pevergreen
04-28-2008, 03:44
I doubt the "stable" line will be on the map, I expect the mines/ports/barracks/big buildings there. Then the enemy can come in and spend some turns destroying it.

Belgolas
05-03-2008, 04:34
I for one think this will be a great idea. IF done right. MAybe the whole camping map will be in 3D like a super far zoomed out battle map. I think that would be cool.

Raz
05-04-2008, 12:56
Fully rotatable (360º) camera on the Campaign Map?
I hate it when I'm looking for my spy only to find him hiding behind a mountain range 3 turns late. :confused:

Edit: Speaking of camera angles, how about movie_cam freedom in normal battles?

RLucid
05-04-2008, 13:16
Fully rotatable (360º) camera on the Campaign Map?
I hate it when I'm looking for my spy only to find him hiding behind a mountain range 3 turns late. :confused:

Don't you have a Faction Lists with and AgentsTab available which allows you to select them and also see which province they're in?

pevergreen
05-04-2008, 14:11
But that is so much effort.

easier and more fun to look.

rajpoot
05-04-2008, 16:03
I love the free cam idea, will save us the complications of the cinematic editor, (which by the way, I'm still unable to even start ~:( ).

vasilisguru
05-04-2008, 21:07
3D rotating cam.?
I agree for one thing: Sometimes it’s hard to select an army or character if it’s behind an other one and impossible to target a specific point to send them. The cursor falls on the feature in front.
If this is fixed they can leave it as it is.
It’s good to allow our graphic cards to cool for a while!!!:2thumbsup:

hoom
05-07-2008, 03:35
I'm kinda hoping for a full, no load mouse zoom from ground level out to most of the game world Supreme Commander/Sins of a Solar Empire style.

Not really expecting it but I always thought it would be cool to be able to do city view with armies too (hanging around in a camp if not moving/marching in formation if at the end of their movement points but still heading somewhere)

Martok
05-07-2008, 07:02
I'm kinda hoping for a full, no load mouse zoom from ground level out to most of the game world Supreme Commander/Sins of a Solar Empire style.
That's actually a very cool idea. Of course it'd be too late by now if CA hasn't already implemented such a feature, but it would certainly be neat if they have.

Not really expecting it but I always thought it would be cool to be able to do city view with armies too (hanging around in a camp if not moving/marching in formation if at the end of their movement points but still heading somewhere)
Agreed. Of course, if a true "full zoom" feature were implemented like what you suggested above, then theoretically this would be included as well.

Yeah, I know it's probably just a pipe dream. But it's a good dream to have. ~:)

pevergreen
05-07-2008, 07:49
I wouldnt want the full thing.

I guess I will be content with whatever they give me :laugh4: