PDA

View Full Version : Taking prisoners and actually keeping them

Bactron
05-07-2008, 08:26
This is probably imposible idea to implement due to hard-coding.

But anyways - One new MTW2 feauture that I really like is taking prisoners after battle - including generals and family members - But I also think that in current form it is somewhat half-hearted. What I would like to see is the possibility to capture Family member (for example faction leader) and actually have the opportunity to keep him captive as long as you want. Use this as an advantage in diplomatic negotiations etc. For example If you would manage to capture faction leader of your enemies you could would have an opportunity to imprison him - then you could normally negotiate through diplomat agent with this faction and offer them that You will release their leader If they will accept this and that. And then you would just hit some button and that captured FM would appear again for example on your borders - free and prepared to return to his people.

I think that this could be neat - but I am 99% sure that it is not possible to realize.

Hax
05-07-2008, 10:01
Yeah, the Ptolemaioi would be in a huge advantage should they capture Antiochos f.ex, and could mean some very interesting things.

Alas, the hardcode!

Ephos
05-08-2008, 09:00
Yeah, pretty sure that this isn't possible. :(