PDA

View Full Version : Castles aren't hardcoded.

Ephos
05-08-2008, 04:16
Castles in Medieval 2, can be converted into cities.

I've done it many times when in need of extra funding. Before a certain settlement level, you are easily able to demolish a castle and to turn it back into a city. So it's possible, even probable; pre-game to run a script to turn all castles back into cities, then remove the option of turning them back into a castle.

Also: I'd like to dedicate this thread to any other M2TW related questions because I've had extensive experience (played Grand Campaign as Holy Roman Empire, finished campaign by 1200 AD (turn 120ish), and thensome - final ending was got bored of playing in 1300 A.D, when I had captured 75 regions and defeated the Timurids).

I'd also like to endorse your choice on picking M2TW as the official engine for EB2, because it's a wonderful game, and a fantastic engine.

Mithridates VI Eupator
05-08-2008, 08:22
I'm not quite sure where you're going with this, but I think that the hardcoded "issue" which has been discussed has to do with modeling, not with wether its a castel or a city.
The problem is that medieval castels would feel very anachronistic in the classical age, and there has, as of yet, been no way to change their apperance on the battlemap.

Ephos
05-08-2008, 08:43
I'm not quite sure where you're going with this, but I think that the hardcoded "issue" which has been discussed has to do with modeling, not with wether its a castel or a city.
The problem is that medieval castels would feel very anachronistic in the classical age, and there has, as of yet, been no way to change their apperance on the battlemap.

Oh, it seems that I misunderstood. I thought they were having the issue of having castles on the campaign map :laugh4:

Well, I'm still highly looking forward to this mod, the WIP of the Hastatii is very promising indeed, and I recently played a mod called "Broken Cresent" which brought me great belief in the modding community. It felt like an entirely well-designed Creative Assembly works, similar to that of the Crusades mission in Kingdoms :yes:

P.S: You mean prochronistic, not anachronistic. ;)

Puupertti Ruma
05-09-2008, 06:47
Sorry about the nitpicking but from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

Anachronistic
1: an error in chronology; especially : a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects, or customs in regard to each other
2: a person or a thing that is chronologically out of place; especially : one from a former age that is incongruous in the present
3: the state or condition of being chronologically out of place

Prochronistic, while I understand what you try to imply with it, is not an actual word. (At least according to Merriam-Webster) Also, what you would imply with it is the opposite of the intended meaning.

Ephos
05-10-2008, 03:31
Sorry about the nitpicking but from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

Anachronistic
1: an error in chronology; especially : a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects, or customs in regard to each other
2: a person or a thing that is chronologically out of place; especially : one from a former age that is incongruous in the present
3: the state or condition of being chronologically out of place

Prochronistic, while I understand what you try to imply with it, is not an actual word. (At least according to Merriam-Webster) Also, what you would imply with it is the opposite of the intended meaning.

A simple google search would have done ;)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prochronistic

prochronistic
Belonging to a later time; technically advanced for its time.