PDA

View Full Version : LotR - Mod and Faction Choice Confirmation Poll

TinCow
05-09-2008, 16:00
This is simply a final poll to make sure that the majority of players are happy with our choice of mod and faction. Please answer either yes or no to both questions.

AussieGiant
05-09-2008, 16:07
Voted yes for ERE, and no for SS 4.1 due to CTD and other unresolved technical issues. I'm now leaning towards FH's vanilla mod.

The Lemongate
05-09-2008, 17:27
I voted yes for the ERE, love them!

But I went with Yes and No for the mod. I'm not that fond of SS 4.1 after having tried it. Though I guess that has more to do with BC being so good in comparison. SS 6 on the other hand...

Then again SS 4.1 is alright I guess.

00jebus
05-09-2008, 19:46
voted yes yes (though like lemon, I think SS6.1 is farrr better than 4.1) , is there a waiting list for avatars anywhere?
is so, put me down on it.

Privateerkev
05-09-2008, 19:52
voted yes yes (though like lemon, I think SS6.1 is farrr better than 4.1) , is there a waiting list for avatars anywhere?
is so, put me down on it.

Econ21 will pick who gets the starting family members. And then we will just recruit enough generals in the first couple of turns for everyone to have one. :yes:

Zim
05-09-2008, 20:26
How did the CTD occur, AussieGiant?

If SS has stability problems my vote for both could change (curse those ugly vanilla ERE skins! :clown: ).

TinCow
05-09-2008, 23:44
Econ21 will pick who gets the starting family members. And then we will just recruit enough generals in the first couple of turns for everyone to have one. :yes:

econ21 hasn't logged onto the forums since the end of March. If he isn't around by the time we're ready to start the game, I will assign the starting avatars and lands. They will be assigned with the same method they were in KOTR: by number of votes that the person participated in the previous game. The more active you were in KOTR, the higher you will be on the list. Top person gets to pick whichever avatar they want, or defer for a recruitable. After the top person has picked or deferred, we move down the line until all starting avatars are assigned. After that, we keep moving down the list as recruitables become available.

pevergreen
05-09-2008, 23:46
Bum. I'm screwed, I was only active for the first part of KOTOR. :laugh4:

Voted no for SS 4.1, would prefer vanilla mod...I might go play it now.

TinCow
05-09-2008, 23:48
I expect everyone to have an avatar by the end of the first Chancellorship, even people who didn't play in KOTR at all. This will not be a repeat of the first few months of KOTR.

Zim
05-09-2008, 23:53
Doh! I participated in every vote I was aware of, but I'll be handicapped since I joined in the latter half of the game. Ah well, I'm pretty used to recruitable generals. ~:joker:

Ramses II CP
05-10-2008, 01:07
I had a family member in the first game so I will defer to a recruitable in the second no matter what my place in the order of things.

:egypt:

OverKnight
05-10-2008, 01:16
Bwa-Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

15!

Bwa-Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh. . .um. . .yes.

After the test game, I'm not even sure I want a high rank. :laugh4:

New rules + mod I haven't played before + a huge amount of landless avatars clamoring for action + undeveloped cities and small armies = Ulcer

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the game, but I do envision some growing pains.

Also TC's (and it seems Ramses's) noblesse oblige intent of taking a recruitable general would cast my claim to the Basileus as somewhat shallow. :sweatdrop:

Zim
05-10-2008, 01:27
I think I'm missing something. Is fifteen the number of elections you participated in?

I gave up the chance to have a FM right when I joined the last game because somebody had been grooming him as a replacement avatar. Given a choice I wouldn't mind starting with one this game, but I won't be unhappy if I get a recruitable general, either. :yes:

OverKnight
05-10-2008, 01:46
Yeah, econ21 and myself voted in 15 elections, putting us at the head of the queue. Other lifers like TC and GH have 14.

To quote the Simpsons, "These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined."

Zim
05-10-2008, 02:00
Should it frighten me that I recognize every single Simpsons and Futurama quote you use? :clown:

What is my mighty number? 5? 6? :dizzy2:

Yeah, econ21 and myself voted in 15 elections, putting us at the head of the queue. Other lifers like TC and GH have 14.

To quote the Simpsons, "These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined."

FactionHeir
05-10-2008, 02:03
Voted no to SS 4.1 and yes to using ERE

TinCow
05-10-2008, 02:22
Also TC's (and it seems Ramses's) noblesse oblige intent of taking a recruitable general would cast my claim to the Basileus as somewhat shallow. :sweatdrop:

Well, someone has to do it, and we could do far worse than having a veteran like you take the FL and use the auto-Chancellorship power on the first term. Plus, starting FLs tend to be a bit on in the age stat, so they're not around forever.

Privateerkev
05-10-2008, 02:27
What is my mighty number? 5? 6? :dizzy2:

I think I only have 4. Jan burned bright but fast.

I joined shortly after 1240. Voted in 1260, 1280, and 1300. We had no election in 1320. And I voted in 1340 with another avatar.

So, I have no problem taking a family member if one falls down the tree that far. :clown:

Northnovas
05-10-2008, 05:42
How did the CTD occur, AussieGiant?

If SS has stability problems my vote for both could change (curse those ugly vanilla ERE skins! :clown: ).

There are a couple little bugs in the AI phase of an event trying to occur that can't. I came across one in my AAR I eventually gotten past it but it was a little annoying so I could only imagine the implications of a PBM and have to erase the last 5-10 turns to get past the bug and CTD to move to the next turn.

Zim
05-10-2008, 08:03
Just went through the history and realized I had a mighty total of two Diets under my belt, in 1340 and 1360. I joined after the Cataclysm begane and there was no vote in 1380. :dizzy2:

I'll just have to crawl my way up from the bottom like everyone else. :charge:

I think I only have 4. Jan burned bright but fast.

I joined shortly after 1240. Voted in 1260, 1280, and 1300. We had no election in 1320. And I voted in 1340 with another avatar.

So, I have no problem taking a family member if one falls down the tree that far. :clown:

Privateerkev
05-10-2008, 08:06
I'll just have to crawl my way up from the bottom like everyone else. :charge:

Looks like we'll be RBG's together!

:charge:

Zim
05-10-2008, 08:12
For Flemish cloth!! :charge:

Just realized something interesting. With Tincow and Overknight taking RGBs (Ramses as well, although he's in the 2 election group with me, I believe :clown:) I guess that means starting FMs will be going mostly* to returning players who left before I joined KOTR. A whole new group of people to suck up to (or annoy, depending on what kind of traits my character has)! ~;)

* With the major exceptions of AussieGiant, Ignoramus, and Econ21 if he plays in the new game.

Looks like we'll be RBG's together!

Privateerkev
05-10-2008, 08:16
Don't forget NN, SM, Kag, FD, DG, GH, FH, Ituralde, and Gib. :yes:

There are quite a few people ahead of us. And EF is ahead of you. But not me... :clown:

*edit*

I forgot Cecil. (sorry Cecil...) ^_^

Zim
05-10-2008, 08:21
Ok, so depending on how things go I might recognize most of the starting members. About half of that list is still people I vaguely know of, but have pretty much never interacted with, though. :clown: Because I joined late in the game, right in the middle of the Cataclysm, a lot of the old guard seem to have already taken a break from the game. :yes:

Don't forget NN, SM, Kag, FD, DG, GH, ,FH, Ituralde, and Gib. :yes:

There are quite a few people ahead of us. And EF is ahead of you. But not me... :clown:

gibsonsg91921
05-10-2008, 13:57
[QUOTE=Privateerkev]Don't forget NN, SM, Kag, FD, DG, GH, FH, Ituralde, and Gib. :yes:

QUOTE]

It's ok, you can forget Gib, it looks like I won't be participating much :embarassed:

Privateerkev
05-10-2008, 16:51
It's ok, you can forget Gib, it looks like I won't be participating much :embarassed:

still having trouble getting your parents to accept a mod?

flyd
05-10-2008, 22:36
Although I have no better suggestion, the current system does favor the players who were involved early rather than late, because there were many more diet sessions per unit of real life time early on. This combined with the fact that I might again be unable to get too heavily involved will cause me to defer.

GeneralHankerchief
05-10-2008, 22:43
Although I have no better suggestion, the current system does favor the players who were involved early rather than late, because there were many more diet sessions per unit of real life time early on. This combined with the fact that I might again be unable to get too heavily involved will cause me to defer.

Yeah, if we're starting soon I'll have to defer as well.

Don't worry latecomers, you'll definitely get your shot.

flyd
05-10-2008, 23:07
Actually, instead of deferring, I could, in theory, trade spots in the list with someone, since that would not affect anyone else's position. I accept monetary bribes.

gibsonsg91921
05-11-2008, 16:59
My parents are quite adamant at having software like that on their computer. They let me use FH's Kotrfix because I called it a "mini-patch." It is her work computer, and if anything happened to it we'd be boned.

Cecil XIX
05-11-2008, 17:40
Yes, yes! I'm getting closer and closer to a spot in the Imperial Family. :laugh4:

AussieGiant
05-11-2008, 23:21
Wow it's like a draft...this will be great fun.

I'm also leaning towards passing on a few avatars and letting the new blood take some of the establish family members.

Plus if things pick up soon then I will also have to make a delayed start due to work travel.

@Zim...NN had the CTD's I was referring to. I've been talking to him about it via PM.

Ituralde
05-14-2008, 07:35
The new guys really shouldn't worry. With new, I mean those new to me. I managed by sheer luck to become one of the first Dukes in KotR due to dropouts and such, although I didn't participate in WotS at all. So you should all be fine.

I too, don't want to put myself too high up the feudal chain in the beginning, as I can see time problems become an issue again. I don't want to put people through the same absentee Emperorship that I had to do with Siegfried.

For me there'll be many new names also and from what little I've read of KotR and from following the test game I'm already looking forward to it!

Ferret
05-14-2008, 09:12
That absentee Emperorship was one of thhe best parts of the game!

Askthepizzaguy
05-18-2008, 03:58
I graciously submit to my position at the very bottom of the ladder. I will be the court jester of the Empire, positioned at the right hand of the emperor to make him laugh.

If pressed, I could put on a makeshift suit of armour (used cereal packets) and go off to fight a war, but I wouldn't count on my general surviving the battle.