PDA

View Full Version : The Beasts

Slanted
05-10-2008, 03:00
Will the Beastmen be in this mod. They are an important and often overlooked part of Warhammer. A constant thorn in the Empire's/Bretonnia's side and are waging near constant war against the Wood Elves. Plus alot of their units are really unique and add a darker flavor to an already dark world. Not sure how you would do the centigors though, and minotaurs and dragon ogres could prove quite a challenge. Sorry i can't help as I have no modding experience and do not wish to gain any (that might seem a bit selfish but ehhh it's true). Even if they were a type of brigand that would appear frequently would be nice.

Detlef
05-10-2008, 08:26
Already awnsered (sp?) 6 months ago! https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=95571

This is a polite, but firm, request for an end to the 'I think XXXXX faction should be in this mod'

There really is no point, and it is just causing people to get into pointless discussions about things that are just not going to happen. We have listed the factions that we are making. This is FINAL for the initial mod release

We are going to try and include some of the extra units people like the sound of as mercenaries, but there are limits to how many extra skeletons, animation sets etc. that we can include..since they expand the size of the mod quite significantly and take a lot of work.

It really dosn't matter how badly people might want Araby, Wood Elves, Kislev etc. we won't be considering any of them until after you lot are playing this mod! We have a HUGE amount of work to do to finish this mod, and all you are doing is asking us to do more. And more. And more.

Is this fair on the team.....no.
Is this going to annoy some people .... probably.

Please take note of this request, since I would prefer people did it by choice, rather than I did it by deletion of threads that have caused upset.

Slanted
05-10-2008, 12:07
Oh Sorry :oops: . I haven't been looking at these forums long enough to have seen that post.

Severe
05-12-2008, 17:03
From what I understand, they are in, but only as NPC's, serving a role similar to brigands. There won't be a playable army, as it wouldn't really fit with them. Beastmen live nomadically in the forest in the middle of the Empire, so they couldn't really have any towns or castles.