PDA

View Full Version : Animation Question

DefenderofFuture
05-10-2008, 05:19
This is just out of curiosity: I know that the animators are working on Greek and Macedonian phalanx animations (since clearly there are no phalanxes in M2TW), as well as slingers and so on, but are there going to be new animations for units using more generic weapon types, like Legionaries or spear levies? Are there more regimented sword units in M2TW that could function like Legionaries? Or perhaps are legionaries going to break formation as they fight? I don't know how often Roman battle devolved into chaotic melee (probably depends on the specific occasion, I guess).

Also, is the team thinking of creating new "finishing move" animations? I would love to see some intriguingly gruesome uses of the falx...:beam:

PS: sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere in the forum. Feel free to link me up, if necessary.

Cartaphilus
05-10-2008, 09:10
In Medieval we have some sort of phalanxes, the medieval pikemen are a new form of phalanxes (or hoplites).

And in the late period the Tercios were awesome!!!

Tretii
05-10-2008, 09:21
In Medieval we have some sort of phalanxes, the medieval pikemen are a new form of phalanxes (or hoplites).

And in the late period the Tercios were awesome!!!

Yeah, but are those really look like phalanx in EB1? Because I have checked pikemen formation and it looks rather poor compare to old phalanx style.

eggthief
05-12-2008, 14:56
Very poor indeed, it hardly kills anything and the formation ussually breaks on impact.