PDA

View Full Version : Some concerns about M2TW's governor system...

Captain Trek
05-11-2008, 10:02
The trouble that I can see with the governor system in M2TW is that the 0-10 'management' rating for each general was removed, meaning that in M2TW it is virtually impossible for a governor to have any serious impact on the economics of a settlement. The scrapping of the 'influence' rating was less of a problem because generals still somehow manage to have a 'governor's influence' on a settlement's public order level (and often quite a substantial one at that, just like a general in RTW with high influence), but the 'management' problem still remains...

Unless a governor having no (or almost no) effect on a settlement's economics is realistic, I have to ask, what is being done about this?

General Appo
05-11-2008, 11:14
You do know that most of the bonuses from a governor comes from traits right? So I guess just adding a little bit to all the management related traits would do it, you know, instead of 10 -Squalor and 1+ Management there´s 15 -Squalor or something like that.

Captain Trek
05-11-2008, 21:07
You do know that most of the bonuses from a governor comes from traits right? So I guess just adding a little bit to all the management related traits would do it, you know, instead of 10 -Squalor and 1+ Management thereĀ“s 15 -Squalor or something like that.

I guess so, but I'd still miss having 6-10 scroll uber governors in Rome and Capua though... :no:

Atilius
05-11-2008, 22:09
The Management attribute is not an Effect for any trait in vanilla M2TW, but it's still in the game engine and EB2 will use it.

BozosLiveHere
05-11-2008, 22:10
The Management attribute still exists, it's just not visible in the character scroll like Command or Loyalty.

I Am Herenow
05-11-2008, 22:34
Are you going to use Piety / Dread in EBII, incidentally?

Sir Edward
05-11-2008, 23:05
I guess so, but I'd still miss having 6-10 scroll uber governors in Rome and Capua though... :no:

But that is the exact same mind set players have when they go from vanilla RTW to EB1 with battle stars. They don't realize that troop morale is their big concern not battle stars, for some reason they think its all about collecting stars as if their playing a mario game. You can expect to get the exact same effect in EBII as in EBI, just instead of a visual indication you'll have to take a little time to look at the traits to be sure of the effect.

blacksnail
05-13-2008, 18:33
I thought the stars were important until roughly six months after I'd joined the team, and I was dealing with the byzantine internals of the RTW engine on a daily basis. It's not typical knowledge unless you happen to have stumbled into the (now common) threads about low command stars or you are a studious reader of FAQs. I don't even think it was added into the FAQ until sometime last year.

mcantu
05-19-2008, 18:26
I thought the stars were important until roughly six months after I'd joined the team, and I was dealing with the byzantine internals of the RTW engine on a daily basis. It's not typical knowledge unless you happen to have stumbled into the (now common) threads about low command stars or you are a studious reader of FAQs. I don't even think it was added into the FAQ until sometime last year.

Have you seen the recent comments made by CA regarding the effects of command stars? They have a different impact that what was first thought...

blacksnail
05-20-2008, 05:05
Link?

mcantu
05-20-2008, 22:12
Link?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91895

posts #19 & #41

Mithridates VI Eupator
05-27-2008, 07:15
Speaking about governors, will the different government types work in a similar fashion to EB1, or will this be completely revised?

Don't know if this has been touched before. (It might have, but I haven't had the time to look thoroughly enough.)

I thought the old system was good, but perhaps M2TW provides you with new alternatives in this respect.

blacksnail
05-27-2008, 18:27
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91895

posts #19 & #41
Oops, sorry I missed this.

Yes, we have seen that - that's actually our source for how they work, so you're operating on the same page that we are. ~:)

blacksnail
05-27-2008, 18:28
Speaking about governors, will the different government types work in a similar fashion to EB1, or will this be completely revised?

Don't know if this has been touched before. (It might have, but I haven't had the time to look thoroughly enough.)

I thought the old system was good, but perhaps M2TW provides you with new alternatives in this respect.
We are currently working on this very topic.

Mithridates VI Eupator
05-28-2008, 12:33
We are currently working on this very topic.

I see.
That's great news indeed!
I hope that when the time is right, there will be a big preview of such new systems and features.:laugh4:

Keep up the good work, guys!