PDA

View Full Version : sieges

PBI
05-13-2008, 13:14
Just wanted to say, fantastic mod. I've tried one campaign as the Rajputs and recently started a new campaign as Jerusalem. I got caught out by the bug for taking Qahirah the first time so I've restarted.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, am I right in thinking that the defenders' combat bonus on walls has been toned down a bit?

Second, does gunpowder appear at all?

Kepper
05-14-2008, 20:05
Sorry no gunpowder unit
If you want more news come are
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346

SamuraiofDoom
12-20-2008, 04:45
When ever I try a siege it always crashes, I know about the rebel settlement siege error but it even does it with everyone else.

SamuraiofDoom
01-03-2009, 13:53
Now when ever I go in or out of my settlements gates they never close, ???somebody help me???

The Fuzz
01-07-2009, 23:33
Now when ever I go in or out of my settlements gates they never close, ???somebody help me???

IIRC if there's a spy in there, your gates might remain open. Does this happen every single time, mostly, occasionally, or only a few times?

SamuraiofDoom
01-08-2009, 03:59
It happens in my fathers game a lot but they don't just charge through and the gates open, the enemy brings up a ram and destroys the gates but when his guys go out to kill the guys at the ram or to go back in they just won't close.

The Fuzz
01-08-2009, 14:19
Once the gates are destroyed, you can't close them again.

Tony83
01-08-2009, 15:52

I've had that happen to me on occasion, when a sallying force is returning from a sorte. As far as I can make out it's usually because I have a static unit formed up "too close" to the gatehouse. I've no idea what the critical distance is, but pulling them back usually addresses the problem and the gates will then close - assuming, as The Fuzz says, they haven't been destroyed in the first. If they have, then you'd better try blocking the way with your dead! :laugh4:

SamuraiofDoom
01-09-2009, 02:27
They'd bring the ram up but any closer and then my dad made 2 cavalry units charge them, once the crew members of the ram are killed or flee are dealt with he goes back in side but as I said the doors don't shut.