PDA

View Full Version : Why ????

Vlodec
05-15-2008, 19:38
Why was a previous thread locked by Myrddraal?

It's true of course that certain persons weren't quite as polite as genteel society might require, but what of it ? We're not a bunch of daffodils after all. Are we ?

Or do the moderators find their job a little too enjoyable ?

A frank exchange of views is the necessary prerequisite to, well, life; and everything that makes it worthwhile.

Unlock the thread Myrddraal; let people speak as they find.

:titanic:

Taneda Santôka
05-15-2008, 20:24
Naa, useless, you can just dump your usual rant right here.

Vlodec
05-15-2008, 21:03
Naa, useless, you can just dump your usual rant right here.

If ever there was an argument pro censorship, you are it. Your contributions add nothing except the acknowledgement of your own repressed bile. Which, now I think of it, also has value.

I repeat, unlock the thread. Delicate flowers can confine themselves to a delicate flower forum.

Taneda Santôka
05-16-2008, 00:11
Yea, you're right, you just owned me.... I'm just gonna have a look at all you contributed to this mod (you know, all the work you did for free on your spare time, all the efforts you've made?) while I sob and linger for my lost honour. :shame:

:laugh4: Seriously dude, just dump the rant (well, rants now...) again so we can get going.

Vlodec
05-16-2008, 19:59
Yea, you're right, you just owned me.... I'm just gonna have a look at all you contributed to this mod (you know, all the work you did for free on your spare time, all the efforts you've made?) while I sob and linger for my lost honour. :shame:

Are you serious ?? We're now supposed to be grateful for all your efforts in support for a mod that not only hasn't been released yet but which - as far as you're concerned - may never be released. I believe I've finally come to comprehend you. You're on drugs.

Work in aid of a project that never comes to fulfillment is work wasted. And as for being grateful.......Much has been promised but nothing has been delivered.

Deliver, then talk about gratitude.

:wall:

Taneda Santôka
05-16-2008, 22:12
Just to good to be true! :laugh4:

Seriously though, no one talked about gratitude, just the difference between puting time and effort(wich no one seeks gratitude for, it's just a fact wich should be acknowledged) in a project such as a community amateur/enthousiast mod and just dumping around the same frustrated rant, "quoted for truth".... Talk about "repressed bile" https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/images/smilies/gc/gc-laugh4.gif!
Work in aid of a released, unreleased mod or whatever, is always, in the end, work, and it gratifies, before anyone else, the worker. As the Buddha said once about love, it is its own reward, its own end, workig s its own reward, its own end, a product is not. You'll get to learn that some day.

As for the drugs, yea, they keep me from puking an crapping all over myself if I was ever to discover the miserable mono-cellular unitard I am... Sad but true, our birthday boy.

In the end you're just a kid whining for his long expected toy.

Keep smashing that wall, you might actually get somewhere. :bow:

Wundai
05-17-2008, 10:57
Hmm he thinks your on drugs Taneda-San!

Well while your at it try some of our Dutch stuff, its top quality :laugh4:

Edit: Seriously though Myrddraal are you seeing this? This isn't leading anywhere either, I vote for the closing of this one as well.

Vlodec
05-17-2008, 20:54
I blame myself. I posted a thread in favour of free speech. TS responded with his usual bilious nonsense, and I fell into the trap of replying on his terms. There are no excuses and I profer none.

It's for this reason, as much as any, that I can't criticise Wundai for his appeal to close the thread. He has fallen into the same trap of blinkered vision. Freedom of speech that only extends to that which you find acceptable is no freedom at all.

Apart from this, I stand by everything I've said. This is a public forum. Hopes have been raised, expectations ignited. To say now, after all this time, that you never really cared about the release of this mod is to betray all the people you implicitly encouraged.

Release the mod or be known for the self-indulgent dilettantes that we must otherwise consider you to be. It's been YEARS !!

Taneda Santôka
05-17-2008, 21:23
Listen kid, it's a big laught reading your posts and rants, but all your 10 posts here have had nothing constructive, neither helping the mod, the community or just a discussion.
You want free speach? Well take a hike and speak, other that here is a PRIVATE forum, you've made your limited point here I think and you're starting to insult on every possible occasion. You want the mod? Get some skills and talent, join the team and enlighten everybody with your heavenly grandeur, get years of work by many different people together and fill the gaps and then release it. Otherwise I dont undersatnd why you stick around here... :bow:

And must reassert that YOU are being billious and frustrated, it's a job answering spoilled childs...

Raz
05-18-2008, 03:03
I wonder how long it'll take before this thread is closed with the way you two are ranting at each other... Please reassert all of your efforts to just encouraging the Ran no Jidai team to continue their work. :smug2:

Vlodec
05-18-2008, 10:23
Quite so. There'll be no more ranting from me. I'm afraid I let my frustration get the better of me.

:soapbox:

Wundai
05-19-2008, 09:05
Heh nice one Raz :beam:

Oh and to add something constructive to this thread, Taneda could you send me the promised straw texture mate? Since you're looking here anyway,

Thnx :2thumbsup:

Myrddraal
05-19-2008, 12:29
Closed.

I really hope I don't to need explain why, it should be self evident.

If anyone has anything constructive to say, say it politely and with respect in a new thread.