PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this other Warhammer mod?

Jonlissla
05-16-2008, 17:43
There's another Warhammer mod going on, that's being developed by a bunch (ok, alot) of russians. What separates Bwian's mod from theirs is the fact that by using some alien technology (okay, just some program, alright?), they transfer models from the Mark of Chaos game, and into the Total War engine.
I'm not sure if this is right, but to make a long story short, they are "borrowing" models from another game. :inquisitive:

Personally, I don't really give a sh*t about that, as long as it's legal. Because it's just as their teamleader said:

" in mods for М2ТВ are models utillized, texture, part of models and etc from the ORIGINAL game of М2ТВ? Why does not it cause questions for you? A situation is the same here. The few from modders does indeed NEW units. IMHO - 80 % all of «new» models are the vanilla models edited a bit.
In the third – mod is NOT A COMMERCIAL product. We do not plan to get what or money income. Why is it impossible FOR ACCELERATION of release mod to take advantage of parts of the prepared models and texturs from other game?
Do you consider, what it is better to do mod of 3-4? We consider that this focus is fully justified - and it really will allow us QUICK to finish mod and in him to play."

In short; by borrowing some models and perhaps adding a little personal touch, legally of course, we can finish the mod alot more faster. What's the problem with that? Well, then it's not really a MOD, more like a small spinoff, but to tell you the truth (again), I don't really care.
We all thought that Mark of Chaos would be Warhammer: Total War, and it wasn't. It was a disappointment. Ever since I played the game, I've always wanted to see it in the Total War engine, and now they're actually doing it. So what if the models are considered "stolen", does that have any kind of impact on the mod itself, and it's funfactor? I'm just glad that they're actually going somewhere, and have a dedicated team that plan on releasing the mod. The fact that they update it regularily isn't bad either.

Plus, those Kislev and Bretonnians are sooooo damn nice, and they're not "stolen". :2thumbsup:

But this is just my personal opinion. I'm not saying I'm right or anything, so don't start flaming me. :whip:

Krazysigmarite
05-16-2008, 19:37
Nothing justifies stealing art and calling it your own.

Even their Bretonnians, which do look great, have stolen elements. All of the symbols are scanned from army books. A big no-no that was already discussed here.

The Kislevs looks good, but they don't look 'Warhammer Kislevs.' They look like a Russian mary-sue forcibly placed into the setting.

If you want to play their mod, download it. I personally don't support it.

Eufarius
05-16-2008, 22:26
Guys we don't post threads to rant on another mod, if a moderator would close this thread I'd thank him a ton. I personally support your views but do it via PM not in thread.

Jonlissla
05-16-2008, 22:30
Guys we don't post threads to rant on another mod, if a moderator would close this thread I'd thank him a ton. I personally support your views but do it via PM not in thread.

Well, I just want to hear what people thought, but now that I think about it, I guess you're right. This isn't the right place to complain/praise about another mod.

I really don't know how to close a thread (WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE FRIGGIN BUTTONS!? :inquisitive: ), so if a moderator sees this, please close it.

eggthief
05-17-2008, 00:07
Well I would like a small taste of the warhammer world before I am gonna buy the mmo and since this mod, no offence isnt going fast (i know that bwian has personal issues and stuff) I might try it out.

Raz
05-17-2008, 15:43
This mod is going faster than one would expect... if you've ever modded games yourself (I doubt it), you'd know how painstaking it is, and how little rewarded you feel after a hard days modding. Modding some games is like real work on a proper game. In my days here at the org, I've noted that mods on the TW series take plenty of months and probably years to plan, develop, and polish - And that is with a fully fledged team, with all the works and 20+ people working on it in every moment of their spare time.

Take EB for example, it's been under development for many a years and it's not until recently that they've released version 1.0. Another example would be Ran no Jidai, which has been developing since before I joined the org, and the team hasn't even released a single playable version. It could easily take years to complete a mod like this which rewrites almost every aspect of the game... but Bwian has kept his eye on the prize and this mod seems to be taking shape way, way, way quicker than other mods of it's type.
So please, keep those comments about "This mod isn't going as fast as I'd like it to" to yourself, and yourself only.:whip:

Sorry to rant on like this... after all you did say "no offence". :shame:

Zapp
05-17-2008, 15:51
Raz, I couldn't agree more!

Btw, any link to that other WH mod? I can't find it.

eggthief
05-17-2008, 16:56
EB has already released 1.1 u know :beam:

Anyway I thought that u guys wouldnt go on until bwian came back and trust me the people are always grateful for the mods, Im sorry if u got offended by what I said, but the progress is a secret here (which i dont mind) so just to answer the OP's question, I said that I would try out the russian one cause I still know very little about warhammer and would like to know a bit before im getting lost when I got the mmo.