PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

Solus
05-19-2008, 16:48
A breakthrough in RTW, read this, last post the last lines:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=102085

If it's possible to include units made of a single model in RTW it will probably posible in M2TW too! Also a pic somewhere in the same post (just ctrl+f on the name of the hero) I think you guys at leats try to copy this for your mod, because heroes are an important part of warhammer battles!

Zapp
05-19-2008, 21:34
God that would have been useful in the old WHTW mod for RTW.

But if I remember right (which I probably don't), the Blue Lotus mod is veeery good at not telling how they solve stuff. Which I think is wierd.

EDIT:Haha, as usual, I sound more angry than I actually am :P So I edited the post a bit to not confuse people...

Raz
05-20-2008, 11:47
Ok, settle down with the names... some people here have been with that mod for a veeery long time, and respect the team and their efforts greatly... Such as me. :cool4:

Anyway enough ranting (I'm doing a lot of that in this forum, sorry guys. :shame:), I thought there was already single troop units for the Troy: Total War (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1916380&postcount=7) mod.

edit: removed rant... truly sorry guys.

eggthief
05-20-2008, 14:22
Anyway enough ranting

Hey Raz, in the short time I´ve been here I have learned that u do nothing but :beam:. Anyway on the subject, why wont they do it the easier way like in the lotr:tw I remember that the sauron in there was basicly one unit with just a lot of soldiers pumped into one soldier, whenever u killed him u could even see all soldiers being thrown out of it.

Zapp
05-20-2008, 14:41
Name a mod that has told us exactly how to replicate something in their mod. Can you name one? Can you name anymore? Remember, there are hundreds, upon hundreds of mods out there, how many can you name that tells us the tricks of the trade?
Edited the above post a bit, cause I actually did it again; I never really mean to sound as rude as I do, I just always seem to pick the more rude words for some reason. :P

But anyway, I didn't really mean that they list exactly how the do stuff, it's just that I think I remember a situation when they had done something brakethrough, and another big mod was having problems with the thing the blue lotus team had fixed. The other mod kindly asked how the blue lotus team solved it, but they refused to tell it. Which I think is a very wierd thing to do in a modding community like this, where no one really competes for money or something.

Solus
05-21-2008, 16:30
tough we might try to find this out ourselves, at least we know it's possible now (plz keep this thread on topic)

Myrddraal
05-22-2008, 09:52
It's not a breakthrough. It's quite common knowledge. I'm sure there's a post on how to do it in the modding answers database.

Spankfurt
05-24-2008, 01:47
Any more of those Shenenigans, Myrddraal, and I'll pistol-whip you! >: (