PDA

View Full Version : EU: Rome

sniedermeier
05-20-2008, 23:08
Would any of you great modders consider helping out the guys over at Europa Universalis: Rome? Anyone could really help out with the names, cultures, history, etc.

Jolt
05-21-2008, 18:00
They need to have the game, first of all and from what I saw in the EU:R thread in the EB I forum, many people are quite renitent towards the company and thus the game, in this forum.

As far as I believe the EU:R EB, from the reports, basically the team is:
1) Waiting for improvements in the overall gameplay of the game (e.g. patches) and the modding community of the game to grow and develop.
2) Focussing in EB II first of all.

Caveira
05-23-2008, 21:45
No, they don't (need to own the game)? They just need to share historical information with people modding EU:R.

eggthief
05-23-2008, 21:49
That game is crap IMHO, tried the demo and found it boring. It would have even lost against rtw if they were released at the same time.

General Appo
05-25-2008, 21:05
Would any of you great modders consider helping out the guys over at Europa Universalis: Rome?

Blasphemy!! All Team members should focus on EBII, not waste time on unimportant errands such as this! EBII is the greatest project in the history of mankind, and all measures must be taken to ensure that the Team members are not disturbed or distracted.

Aaldaemon
05-26-2008, 13:28
That game is crap IMHO, tried the demo and found it boring. It would have even lost against rtw if they were released at the same time.

I am a long term fan of Paradox games and I have to agree. EUI and EUII took many months of my life, while Victoria and Crusader Kings, although extremely flawed in many ways were jewels in the rough. The newest offerings from the company just lack the fun factor imho, and EU Rome plays as a mindblowingly boring mod of EUIII, with some majorly bad design issues on top.:wall: The way they represent the "barbarians" and all that hording....... seriously :furious3: .

EB is ten times better than EU Rome and I'm sure EBII will just blow it to oblivion.

ElectricEel
05-26-2008, 18:59
EB is ten times better than EU Rome and I'm sure EBII will just blow it to oblivion. Well, I'd say the same about EB and RTW...

General Appo
05-26-2008, 22:59
Well, I´d say that RTW is 10 times better then EU Rome, so... you lose!

Aaldaemon
05-27-2008, 07:53
Well, I'd say the same about EB and RTW...

Well to be fair, to each their own. If there's going to be an EB for EU Rome, I'll give it a try... but I'm pretty sure I will enjoy EBII a lot more... therefore that's the one I'm waiting for.

Xtiaan72
05-27-2008, 22:59
EU: Rome....Is in a really, really, really pathetic state at the moment. Far less entertaining than Rome vanilla when it came out. For a paradox game, there is simply not enough to do.... You can play for a half an hour just to get the cash to stab a pig.....I would gladly stab a pig for Zeus in real life if it would get my 50$ bucks back!

sniedermeier
06-06-2008, 01:16
What I like about EU: Rome is that it is more character driven, and you can play women. A merger of these two (EB and EUR) would be the stuff of dreams. You guys could definitely help with the map, history, cultures, etc. Please consider it.

Jolt
06-08-2008, 13:31
No, they don't (need to own the game)? They just need to share historical information with people modding EU:R.

Ugh, yes they do. They need to have the game registered in the forum, otherwise they can't post in the Scenarios and Modifications Topic in Paradox forum. And making a mod for a game they don't own is...quite suspicious in a company's eyes.

Jolt
06-25-2008, 22:35
Ugh, yes they do. They need to have the game registered in the forum, otherwise they can't post in the Scenarios and Modifications Topic in Paradox forum. And making a mod for a game they don't own is...quite suspicious in a company's eyes.

Anyways, coming back to a topic of infamy!

How many people have bought it so far?

What are your opinions?

I heard that the game was a large scale failure, with many buyers saying that was probably the money that was most wasted in their lives.

Aodhan
06-25-2008, 23:58
Anyways, coming back to a topic of infamy!

How many people have bought it so far?

What are your opinions?

I heard that the game was a large scale failure, with many buyers saying that was probably the money that was most wasted in their lives.

We may not have agreed about Non-playable factions, but man I'm with you on this, the reviews I saw said EU: Rome was awful and so I didn’t even buy the game, and I agree with General Appo the EB team should not be distracted with such minor issues.

Jolt
06-26-2008, 15:03
I somehow sense they'll make 4 expansions on Rome before the game is even fun, and will force all buyers to waste 60 dollars on the combined 80 MB of the four expansions. >_>

Xtiaan72
06-27-2008, 22:28
Of all the games I have ever bought.... This is the one that I would most want my money back for. It's that bad. I would want my money back even if it was a 19.99 bargain bin title but it completely takes the piss that it's 50 bucks. I don't know if I can ever buy a Paradox game again.

ziegenpeter
07-02-2008, 00:59
Of all the games I have ever bought.... This is the one that I would most want my money back for. It's that bad. I would want my money back even if it was a 19.99 bargain bin title but it completely takes the piss that it's 50 bucks. I don't know if I can ever buy a Paradox game again.

I agree