PDA

View Full Version : Our men are under attack! We must act now!

Perturabo
05-26-2008, 09:10
I know you guys did a full voiceover for most factions in EB, but I just REALLY wanted to be sure that the topic line is exterminated from EBII - please? Its driving me completely insane in my various MTWII mods.

Standing in formation pelting the enemy with missiles prior to the final assault? Nevermind, I am too stupid to know that the enemy are attacking and the local vocal talent feels the need to remind me every 15 second that there is an enemy nearby, heavens forbid, possibly even trying to do bad stuff to my troops!

Please, please, PLEASE kill it off! :soapbox:

P.S. I'll even donate a bit more money to EBII if I am suitably convinced this line won't be in the speech.

Leviathan DarklyCute
05-26-2008, 14:20
Listen to this man! kill these filthy voices! kick their disgusting butts! They're not even human f*cking beings! :knight:

Nevermind, I am too stupid
:stupido2:~:handball:

The General
05-26-2008, 15:30
Oh yeash.

They're more lethal for your sanity than getting rear-attacked by Gaesatae.

Vorian
05-26-2008, 17:08
I don't understand....are you hearing voices?

LOL

Ibrahim
05-27-2008, 02:01
he probably means one of two things:

1-the languages used in M2TW are terrible (english,, english and more english)

or

2, and more likely: he hates the Advisor, and wants Robert dead.

Mithridates VI Eupator
05-27-2008, 08:13
Well, the obvious soulution would then be to turn the advisor off, wouldn't it?

Perturabo
05-27-2008, 08:37
1. Start a battle, even a custom battle, use lots of archers i.e. no hand to hand combat.

2. Stand back and shoot the enemy while they return fire.

3 Listen to the advisor (and yes, advice is set to NO ADVICE) tell you repeatedly that your men are under attack and you must act now, or another similar variant. The only way to avoid it is to turn sound/voices off and its really p****ing me off.

Its a thouroughly idiotic addition to the game that simply drives me crazy particularly during sieges when getting into hand to hand combat isn't always possible. 3 minutes of that rubbish every 15 or so seconds is torture.

I'm guessing from the last two comments that not everyone has sat back and worn down the enemy with missile fire, preferring instant hand to hand stuff. Each to their own.

Captain Trek
05-27-2008, 11:31
Its a thouroughly idiotic addition to the game that simply drives me crazy particularly during sieges when getting into hand to hand combat isn't always possible. 3 minutes of that rubbish every 15 or so seconds is torture.

I'm guessing from the last two comments that not everyone has sat back and worn down the enemy with missile fire, preferring instant hand to hand stuff. Each to their own.

Don't worry, mate, I've heard it too and I hate it just as much... I mean, in RTW you've already got two things nagging at you to do something about incoming missile fire... One is your units crying out "we're being attacked!" and the other is the little red 'under fire' symbols that appear on your unit cards... There's no reason to add a third (and incredibly annoying) warning to the mix really...

Xtiaan72
05-27-2008, 22:54
Yea! I want it to say....."Do you know where you are? Your in the ........ ( insert: Desert, Plains, Forest, Mountains) baby!" " YOUR GONNA DIE!!!!" instead... Can someone make that happen?

Mithridates VI Eupator
05-28-2008, 12:24

Yeah!
I want to see blood!!!

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-28-2008, 21:16
If EB1 disables the ingame voice comments in RTW, why wouldn't you expect the even more annoying ones in EB2 for M2TW to be disabled too? ...
:2thumbsup:

We shall fwee...Wodewick
05-29-2008, 00:27
Oh yeash.

They're more lethal for your sanity than getting rear-attacked by Gaesatae.

I don't think talk of that kind is appropriate here:laugh4:

Giggity

Bellum
05-29-2008, 04:27
Yea! I want it to say....."Do you know where you are? Your in the ........ ( insert: Desert, Plains, Forest, Mountains) baby!" " YOUR GONNA DIE!!!!" instead... Can someone make that happen?

I second the motion! :smash:

Captain Trek
05-29-2008, 10:37
If EB1 disables the ingame voice comments in RTW, why wouldn't you expect the even more annoying ones in EB2 for M2TW to be disabled too? ...
:2thumbsup:

Because, according to the voicemodding thread, the EB voice mods for EB 2.0 will include the ingame voice comments (and even the pre-battle speaches)...

Hax
05-31-2008, 00:15
Because, according to the voicemodding thread, the EB voice mods for EB 2.0 will include the ingame voice comments (and even the pre-battle speaches)...

Now, you don't honestly think that EB2 will actually use the speeches from Medieval 2, do you?

Captain Trek
05-31-2008, 10:16
Now, you don't honestly think that EB2 will actually use the speeches from Medieval 2, do you?

You just love taking people out of context, don't you? :no:

No, what I meant was that, according to the voicemodding thread, they're going to be doing pre-battle speeches in the various languages represented in the mod (Latin, Greek, Celtic, etc.), as well as the on-batlefield comments like "the enemy general is dead" and so fourth...

Bellum
06-01-2008, 01:10
Your just going to have to trust that whatever they do will be with the usual level of quality and professionalism.

Lets not be confrontational.

EBnut
06-07-2008, 04:36
I know you guys did a full voiceover for most factions in EB, but I just REALLY wanted to be sure that the topic line is exterminated from EBII - please? Its driving me completely insane in my various MTWII mods.

Standing in formation pelting the enemy with missiles prior to the final assault? Nevermind, I am too stupid to know that the enemy are attacking and the local vocal talent feels the need to remind me every 15 second that there is an enemy nearby, heavens forbid, possibly even trying to do bad stuff to my troops!

Please, please, PLEASE kill it off! :soapbox:

P.S. I'll even donate a bit more money to EBII if I am suitably convinced this line won't be in the speech.

You're not alone there Perturabo, whatever the game designers were smoking when they decided to put that line in, I'd sure like to have some of it. I swear, I reach for the volume every time that voice comes up. I have tried to find other means to shut it off, even looked in the directory to delete it.

Yeah, kill and burn it!

Hax
06-07-2008, 14:10
You just love taking people out of context, don't you

And how exactly did I take you out of context?