PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Official Movie at GameSpot

Ituralde
05-28-2008, 16:07
http://www.gamespot.com/video/942966/6191477/empire-total-war-official-movie-1

Thought this might interest you. It deals with Motion-Capturing techniques used to display combat and also for duel videos! :2thumbsup:

Edit: Just realized this has been linked in another thread. Didn't see anything on the front page, so I thought it was new. Enjoy anyways and any Mod should feel free to delete this thread. :beam:

aftzengeier
05-28-2008, 16:41
Are you a member of totalwar-zone.de? :eyebrows:

Divinus Arma
05-29-2008, 20:49
That's good. It should get its own thread so more people see it. Not everybody goes back and reads the new posts on older threads after they see whats crackin on the first page.

If anything, the comments from that thread regarding the video should be moved here.

Lokar
06-05-2008, 05:25
Wow that looks really good. Watching the 1 on 1 duels on the battlefield is actually one of my favorite parts of the series. Hmm I hope they include an animation where the guy chucks his rifle with the bayonet attached like a javelin lol.

pevergreen
06-05-2008, 12:22
I hope they make use of dirty tactics again. I loved watching archers kick other men in the groin. Maybe point over the mans should, then stab him in the back as he turns around to look?

Joooray
06-08-2008, 01:39
Wow that looks really good. Watching the 1 on 1 duels on the battlefield is actually one of my favorite parts of the series. Hmm I hope they include an animation where the guy chucks his rifle with the bayonet attached like a javelin lol.
If I understood the commentary in the movie correctly these one on one battle scene will be a new feature of Empire which has not been in the games so far and that at least this motion caputuring season was not actually aiming at the animation of the battles. Or am I mistaken?

pevergreen
06-08-2008, 03:59
M2TW had individual battles, units would kill a man, then look round for another to engage, under certain circumstances, they could go on a killing spree, often killing 7-8 within a minute.

hoom
06-08-2008, 04:39
Individual battles has always been part of TW series.
I got interested by watching my friend playing Shogun & watching a little individual duel on the side of a battle while my friend was concentrating on clicking all over the place.

I once saw a Kensai surrounded by Yari Samurai spin around over about 5 seconds swinging at each game tick, followed by about 6 YS falling down like dominoes, doing their death animations :2thumbsup:

Viking
07-13-2008, 14:00
http://www.gamespot.com/video/942966/6191477/empire-total-war-official-movie-1

Thought this might interest you. It deals with Motion-Capturing techniques used to display combat and also for duel videos! :2thumbsup:

Edit: Just realized this has been linked in another thread. Didn't see anything on the front page, so I thought it was new. Enjoy anyways and any Mod should feel free to delete this thread. :beam:

I don't know if those fighting scenes are realistic or not; but pretty sweet that they are using stunt men for more realistic movements. :2thumbsup:

Intrepid Sidekick
07-14-2008, 10:05
If I understood the commentary in the movie correctly these one on one battle scene will be a new feature of Empire which has not been in the games so far and that at least this motion caputuring season was not actually aiming at the animation of the battles. Or am I mistaken?

It was actualy for both the battles and the event movies. So easy mistake not to be sure which.

bob23
07-18-2008, 06:58
What was the name of the movie they referenced? I think they said it but I couldn't quite understand what he was saying.

Vuk
07-21-2008, 14:25
Sharpe. It stars Sean Bean from LoTR. It is pretty good, but also pretty unrealistic and kind of low class. It worries me that CA is using it as a reference, but I will not complain till I see the game. :P

bob23
07-24-2008, 01:24
Sharpe. It stars Sean Bean from LoTR. It is pretty good, but also pretty unrealistic and kind of low class. It worries me that CA is using it as a reference, but I will not complain till I see the game. :P

Thanks, looks interesting.