PDA

View Full Version : LotR - House of the Tagamata

Northnovas
05-31-2008, 05:29
House of the Tagamata

https://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa55/northnovas/tagmataif2-1.png

The hall is a modest building off the main through way of the city. Upon entering the hall you are taken back by the ornate woodwork and tapestry on the wall. There is a sense of tradition and comradeship. The foyer has three doors to the left a study with military maps and books, to the right a small office and above the door inscribed the name Staregos. The sound of voices and men laughing can be heard behind the centre door. You follow the aroma of food and clinking of glasses you enter…

The purpose of Tagamata is to protect the Emperor and the Empire. A man in this House is expected to give their all for the Empire.
Membership in the House will consist of any military man wishing to fight for Duty and Honour. They will be recognized in the House by the rank of Syntagmatarkhis.
To be recognized as a Syntagmatarkhis a member must swear to a member of the feudal chain of the Tagamata House.

There will be one rank higher then Syntagmatarkhis and will consist of three positions.

Staregos senior member of the House
Arthimos responsible for the Protection of the Royal Family
Noumeroi responsible for the watch of Constantinople

The Staregos is the senior member and will appoint the Artimos and Noumeroi positions.
To be eligible for these positions a member must be of the rank of Comes or higher and be in good standing with the Basileus and sworn fealty to the Staregos.

Expulsion from the House will result in any act of treason against the Empire or any act that the three senior members of the House agree unanimously that the member must be removed.

The position of Staregos can only be succeeded by a member in the position of Arthimos.

This House is to discuss military matters and not other political or religious issues. Any military issues of conquest or defence to be legislated are to be spoken here and a war story or two will be most welcomed. The opportunity is great for a member in this House to offer a degree of upwards social mobility from the lower strata of society. Where a man can obtain land and prestige. All fighting men are welcomed to plan the expansion and defense of our glorious Empire.

So come speak of military matters for when we are not fighting we are living your comrades await.

Staregos

Aleksios ek Ikoniou 1080- Present

Arthimos

Savvas ek Militou

Noumeroi

Syntagmatarkhis

Philippos Eirinikos

Land

Corinth- Fortress
Arta- City

Feudal Structure

Domestikos Aleksios ek Ikoniou

-Comes Savvas ek Militou
-Philippos Eirinikos

TinCow
05-31-2008, 14:29
I swear an Oath of Fealty to serve Aleksios ek Ikoniou with all my strength and skill. May the Basileus and the House of the Tagamata thrive and prosper to guide the Empire to the restoration of its true glory.

Northnovas
06-01-2008, 04:08
Khristophoros Diogenis I accept your services for it is men of strength and skill that I require to defend and conquor for the Empire. Come and enjoy what we have to offer.

Csargo
06-01-2008, 05:02
I, Philippos Eirinikos, hereby swear fealty to Aleksios ek Ikoniou. I promise to serve him and my Empire to the fullest of my abilities.

Philippos silently awaits his response

Northnovas
06-01-2008, 05:23
Philippos Eirinikos I accept your services welcome. Enjoy and indulge on what we have to offer the finest food, drink and women. For our rest will be short before we will be send away to fight!

Csargo
06-01-2008, 05:47
I thank you. If you need me, I shall be in the study.

Philippos bows to Aleksios, and walks towards the study. He grabs a couple books and maps from one of the shelves, then sits and spreads them in front of him and begins to study them intently.

Andres
06-02-2008, 09:12
I, Savvas ek Militou, swear fealthy to Aleksios ek Ikoniou, the House of the Tagamata, the Basileus and the Empire!

Northnovas
06-02-2008, 12:21
Savvas ek Militou I accept your services, Welcome!

It is time to discuss some planning and bring forth an edict to the Senate for an offensive north. The Rebel City of Arta must be captured before we continue our campaign north.

Suggestions, strategies? Identify your starting positions.

TinCow
06-02-2008, 14:08
I am in full agreement with you, Comes. The Empire has pitifully few centers of military recruitment. Only our home of Corinth can produce professional soldiers worthy of the name. The capture of Arta and Smyrna should be a major priority. I suggest that the entire House of the Tagamata assemble in Corinth, so that we can provide the Basileus with a strong force with which to reclaim the Greek lands. Our lands will surely be the focus for much military recruitment, and we should volunteer our services to lead these armies immediately.

Andres
06-02-2008, 14:46
Agreed. Arta and Smyrna are to be captured as soon as possible.

deguerra
06-03-2008, 09:41
For some reason the Arms in the first post are a .jpg rather than a .png. If you change this, the black background should go away

Csargo
06-04-2008, 06:04
I agree with you my Comes. Arta is of great significance if we wish to continue northward, but expanding further north may become a problem. Durazzo is lightly defended and will probably be the first place Comes Markianos decides to take. So, unless we can maneuver ourselves politically or militarily to Durazzo first may be key to further our expansion.

The island of Crete to our south has been captured by the Venetians and could cause us trouble in the near future. It may be used as a staging ground for the Venetians to invade southern Greece, and with our forces moving north, we may have some trouble subduing them, if they decide to attack. I believe it should be of the utmost importance to capture the island of Crete as soon as possible.

Northnovas
06-09-2008, 02:59
All legislation has been passed any of you wishing to be the supporting troops for Arta you should ensure your SOT are up to date to be aprt of the action.

I will remain in Corinth for the time being and oversea the building queue.

Northnovas
06-12-2008, 02:41
Arta

We have arrived and have besieged the settlement. Philippos Eirinikos will be in command of this siege. Savvas is in no condition to be conducting field operations at this time.

Syntagmatarkhis Philippos you may conduct the siege operations at your liesure and coordinate all battle reports and relevant information to the Megas Logothetes Office.
Syntagmatarkhis Savvas you may join up in the battle if you are sober enough I will remain behind in the HQ. Good Luck men!

OOC: I caught your pm's I am going away for a week starting Saturday. I will be pressed to do anything in game for the time being as I am getting things organized around here.
Ichigo can take the save when ready to do the battle and any battle reports if necessary.

Csargo
06-12-2008, 04:24
OOC: How do I take control of the troops? Since your avatar is the main general. Do I just remove your avatar from the stack?

Andres
06-12-2008, 08:49
OOC: How do I take control of the troops? Since your avatar is the main general. Do I just remove your avatar from the stack?

Syntagmatarkhis Philippos you may conduct the siege operations at your liesure and coordinate all battle reports and relevant information to the Megas Logothetes Office.

OOC : Or keep his avatar in the background during the assault, i.e. do not engage him in battle?

Syntagmatarkhis Savvas you may join up in the battle if you are sober enough I will remain behind in the HQ. Good Luck men!

Ah, I'm sorry mylord. In my defence, I can say that I have raised the morale of our troops to unseen heights. The hang-overs are an unfortunate side-effect. But I'm ready for action and Sntagmatarkhis Philippos can count on me :knight:

OOC: I have no problem with Ichigo using my avatar in the battle :bow:

Ferret
06-12-2008, 09:47

OOC: you can move him and any other generals with more command into a reinforcement stack, so that your general gets all the new traits and things :2thumbsup:

edit:should have read the OOC thread first...

Csargo
06-17-2008, 22:28
OOC: I'll be out of town until Saturday, and I don't have much time to get on the computer, so I'll be inactive until then most likely.

Northnovas
06-22-2008, 00:57
Strator Savvas ek Militou well done. The Rebels have been quashed and the settlement is back into the fold of Empire.
The Basileus will be pleased and I will pass along the good word.
Your work will not be forgotten in this House and you will be justly rewarded in due time.

Northnovas
06-24-2008, 04:03
Strator Savvas ek Militou of the Tagamata House,

I appoint you Comes of Arta.

The settlement is under your control.

Andres
06-25-2008, 10:17
Strator Savvas ek Militou of the Tagamata House,

I appoint you Comes of Arta.

The settlement is under your control.

I am very grateful for the honor bestowed on me, my lord :bow:

Andres
07-02-2008, 19:44
Savvas enters Aleksios ek Ikoniou's appartment in the castle of Arta.

Mylord, we received disturbing news! A huge army has gathered in the environment of Belgrade. Rumour has it that the settlement is occupied by Comes Kosmas Mavrozomis with a small garrison and that he is heavily outnumbered! I still remember the hospitality shown to me by House Asteri and Comes Kosmas Mavrozomis when I returned for the latest Senate session.

As you well know, mylord, he who shares a drink with ol' Savvas can count on his friendship!

I will assemble all troops here at Arta and will march to Belgrade immediately. I pray to God that I will be on time to save Comes Kosmas Mavrozomis!

Savvas leaves his Lord and immediately starts shouting commands at the garrison of Arta. In no time, all troops were assembled and they set march for Belgrade.

Northnovas
07-10-2008, 05:05
Savvas ek Militou is now the second in command of the Tagamata House and holds the title of Arthimos within the Tagamat House and accepts the responsibilities assigned to the position.

Andres
07-10-2008, 09:04
OOC: post 1 needs further updating.

- I'm still also listed Syntagmatarkhis
- In the feudal structure, Strator Philippos Eirinikos should be removed (I believe TC eliminated Ichigo's character and Strator Savvas ek Militou should be Comes.
- Land owned: Arta should be added.

TinCow
07-17-2008, 21:56
Just notice Andres' post. Ichigo's avatar is still alive. He's cooling his heels in Constantinople. He has told me that he still plans to return to the game, so I'll keep him alive until I hear otherwise.

Northnovas
08-08-2008, 15:11
Announcement

Savvas ek Militou will be the acting leader of this House in my absence. He has been designated all authority of the Staregos. He will be responsible for all House actions in administration and military matters.
Standing Orders will also reflect this announcement.

Aleksios ek Ikoniou

Motep
08-17-2008, 05:09
Nevermind, Ive been looking, and I think that I will join the house that preserves the reign of my family...