PDA

View Full Version : Natives

The Blind Samurai
06-04-2008, 06:50
I wonder since one of the main maps is going to be in America i wonder if the you can fight the natives of a certain region like say if your out in the swamp lands in Florida you may encounter the Cherokee or Seminole tribes and make treaty's with them to gain some of their land maybe

pevergreen
06-04-2008, 09:44
That was a rather long sentence.

I believe that is correct, there will be native tribes to some small degree. America as a United States will be there, so many rebel settlements maybe?

Aztec Warrior
06-07-2008, 00:33
Hopefully their will be several differant native factions and not just a bunch of boring Rebel villages.

Mailman653
06-07-2008, 04:51
That was a rather long sentence.

I believe that is correct, there will be native tribes to some small degree. America as a United States will be there, so many rebel settlements maybe?

Unless you want to change history and decide to make it the United States of England, it might not be such a bad idea to stay part of the Empire :laugh4: Surely there must be some advantages to it.

The Blind Samurai
06-08-2008, 06:29
maybe they will do what the guys at AOE III did and make an EP dedicated to The Native American Factions

Flying Pig
06-10-2008, 17:19
There are 50 factions, and from that I infer that many will be tribes tat attack you, and maybe even make empires. It'll be great for a classical greece mod, as each state can be a Free City

The Blind Samurai
06-10-2008, 18:28
Yeah but do you think they will be playable

Martok
06-10-2008, 18:38
Yeah but do you think they will be playable
I'm quite certain they won't be, no. CA has said there's only going to be around 10 playable factions; and since the game is focusing on European colonialism & imperialism, all the playable factions will almost certainly be European.

PBI
06-10-2008, 19:31
But I imagine making them playable will probably be a simple matter of modding descr_strat as usual. And it certainly is great news for mods; classical Greece mods in particular will benefit hugely both from the 50 odd faction slots plus naval combat (classical Greece without Salamis?)

rajpoot
06-10-2008, 20:33
They've got to have one or two Eastern civilisations as playable since the begining. It'll be dissapointing if they just keep the European ones playble by default. Not so much fun modding and playing as those which they don't include as playble have lesser playability.