PDA

View Full Version : LotR - First Senate - Legislation Voting

TinCow
06-05-2008, 20:42
This poll is only for players of the Last of the Romans.

The full text of the proposals is as follows:

---------------------------------

Edict 1.2: All military assets will be devoted to the conquest of the rebel settlements of Canakkale, Arta, Durazzo, Scopia, Sofia, Sinop, Smyrna, and Rhodes before they can be released for other purposes. Bari and Trebizond may be included in this list at the discretion of the Megas Logothetes. No attack will be made on any foreign nation until this reconquest is complete. This Edict does not apply to any of the above settlements which are conquered by a foreign nation before they are reincorporated into the Empire. This Edict is void if a foreign nation attacks the Empire.

Proposed by: Khristophoros Diogenis
Seconded by: Markianos Ampelas and Pavlos Chrysovergos

Edict 1.3: A Priest is to be sent in the region surrounding Caesarea to help our Orthodox brethern against their Muslim overlords.

Proposed by: Pavlos Chrysovergos
Seconded by: Makedonios Ksanthopoulos and Savvas ek Militou

Edict 1.4: If Edict 1.2 passes, Antioch will be added to the list.

Proposed by: Makedonios Ksanthopoulos
Seconded by: Hypatios Machonios and Iakovos ek Kallipoleos

Edict 1.5: The training of a boat or hiring of a mercenary craft is required outside of Athens in order to transport men to Rhodes, as per Edict 1.2. The fleet we already own further North may also be used if it has no other orders.

Proposed by: Hypatios Machonios
Seconded by: Armatos ek Naksou and Makedonios Ksanthopoulos

Edict 1.6: That the nearest ship be sent immediately towards Epirus to ferry commander and a battalion of spearmen or another eager commander to Apulia with the intent of capturing the castle of Bari. This edict is meant to supersede any restrictions or discretionary powers mentioned in Edict 1.2 or any other Edicts.

Proposed by: Anastasios Neokaisareitis
Seconded by: Ioannis Kalameteros and Armatos ek Naksou

Edict 1.7a: Edict 1.7a: The Basileus shall attempt to conquer Arta using any combination of the Senators Michail, Efstratios and Anastasios and support troops.

Proposed by: Michail Arianitis
Seconded by: Kosmas Mavrozomis and Methodios Tagaris

Edict 1.8: The creation of 2 agents. A diplomat to make contact with the Orthodox Factions of the north for an alliance and trade. The other diplomat to head west to contact European Factions for diplomatic talk and trade.

Proposed by: Aleksios ek Ikoniou
Seconded by: Khristophoros Diogenis and Methodios Tagaris

Edict 1.9c: No Senator is allowed to conquer the settlement of Durazzo without the explicit previous permission of the Basileus. The Basileus is free to grant the Senator of his choice the military or financially means necessary for a successful conquest. The village is to be occupied, no harm shall be done to its civilian population once all resistance is dealt with. (OOC : Occupy, no sacking, no exterminating.)

Proposed by: Methodios Tagaris
Seconded by: Savvas ek Militou and Makedonios Ksanthopoulos[/QUOTE]

Privateerkev
06-05-2008, 21:38
How could TLG vote both yes and no on Edict 1.7?

o_O

The Lemongate
06-05-2008, 21:40
Abstained on that legislation. I thought it better to put yes and no. Cancelled my vote.

I wasn't supposed to?

TinCow
06-05-2008, 21:44
If you want to abstain on a vote, simply skip it altogether. I will subtract both of your 1.7 votes from the final tally.

Privateerkev
06-05-2008, 21:44
Abstained on that legislation. I thought it better to put yes and no. Cancelled my vote.

I wasn't supposed to?

I was just curious. I didn't know we could vote both.

I just don't vote on it when I want to abstain. (Which is what Makedonios did with Edict 1.7)

The Lemongate
06-06-2008, 06:03
If you want to abstain on a vote, simply skip it altogether. I will subtract both of your 1.7 votes from the final tally.

No problem. Though I felt canceling one's vote made it clearer we abstained as it was easier to find the double name then trying to discover who didn't vote.

Abstaining can be a statement :yes:

TinCow
06-06-2008, 13:36
It's tradition to simply skip both choices if you want to abstain. That's why the "I abstain on all laws" option is there... if it wasn't and you skipped everything, there would be no way to know you had voted at all.

Zim
06-06-2008, 19:23
While it wouldn't really matter for edicts, which need a simple majority, voting for both choices could mess up the percentaged for an amendment (23 majority I believe).

To use a somewhat extreme example pretend that, for some reason, only 3 Senators voted on amendment x, 2 for and 1 against. It should pass at this point, but a fourth senator abstains by voting for both, which throws off the percentages shown for the poll.

This case would be easy enough to fix, but if you add a ton more senators and more players voting for both options to abstain and TinCow has to search every edict/amendment for double votes so he can subtract them and figure out the percentages. :dizzy2:

The Lemongate
06-07-2008, 05:35
I see. I didn't though about all that. Mathematics give me headaches :dizzy2:

I will abstain from abstaining in such a complicated matter and will simply abstain totally from voting when abstaining. Uh... something like that :yes:

TinCow
06-07-2008, 22:18
The voting period has ended.

All legislation has passed.