PDA

View Full Version : Macedonic Elite Pikemen

anelious phyros
06-07-2008, 22:11
Latley i've been working on a project of a new unit the Macedonic Elite Pikemen. Even thought It started out as the Armoured hoplite. I'm still develeping it, (hence the Forge), but it's pretty much complete except for the smaller not needed things. Even though i'll still be doing those things for it too. Here's a pic -
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3084/2559489896_81f183e335_o.jpg
And here's all the information. -

Export_descr_Unit -

type greek hoplite elite
dictionary greek_hoplite_elite ; Armoured Hoplites
category infantry
class spearmen
voice_type Heavy_1
soldier greek_armoured_hoplite, 60, 0, 1.3
officer greek_officer
officer greek_standard
attributes sea_faring,hide_forest,frighten_foot,frighten_mounted,very_hardy
formation 1, 1, 2, 2, 5,square,phalanx
stat_health 3, 0
stat_pri 15,5, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 30, 2
stat_pri_attr ap,bp,spear,long_pike,spear_bonus_8,spear_bonus_10,spear_bonus_12
stat_sec 10,3, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 25, 1
stat_sec_attr ap,bp
stat_pri_armour 15, 10, 7, metal
stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
stat_heat 0
stat_ground 2, 1, 2, 1
stat_mental 10,impetuous,highly_trained
stat_charge_dist 30
stat_fire_delay 0
stat_food 60, 300

Descr_Model_Battle -

type greek_armoured_hoplite
skeleton fs_slow_spearman, fs_slow_swordsman ; combat spear
indiv_range 40
texture carthage, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_elite_hoplite_carthage.tga
texture greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_elite_hoplite_greek.tga
texture macedon, data/models_unit/textures/officer_greek_hoplite_macedon.tga
model_flexi_m data/models_unit/officer_greek_hoplite_400.cas, 8
model_flexi_m data/models_unit/officer_greek_hoplite_300.cas, 15
model_flexi data/models_unit/officer_greek_hoplite_200.cas, 30
model_flexi data/models_unit/officer_greek_hoplite_100.cas, 40
model_flexi data/models_unit/officer_greek_hoplite_70.cas, max
model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/greek_officer_sprite.spr
model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.

Export_Unit

¬----------------

{greek_hoplite_elite} Macedonic Elite Pikemen

{greek_hoplite_elite_descr}
Superior\nHardy\nCan Form Phalanx\nSapping Ability\n\nThe Macedonic Elite Pikemen are the embodiment of Seleucid martial prowess. They are elite foot soldiers on which many a battle will turn; they are well disciplined and physically fit, so these troops will neither panic nor tire easily.\n\nThese men use the 6m long pike (sarissa) and carry a small shield coated in silver that gives them their name. To carry the silver shield into battle is the realization of many a Seleucid boy’s dream, though only renowned men of higher birth would automatically qualify for such an honour.\n\nOnce in phalanx formation the silver shield pikemen are an almost immovable object unless attacked from the flanks. If the fighting becomes too intense and cramped, they can use their short swords.

{greek_hoplite_elite_descr_short}
Armoured hoplites are an elite among Greek soldiery, carefully selected and given the best training to make them superior spearmen.

That's all I have for now.
What do you guys think? Anyone care to help out?

filthy_peasant
06-10-2008, 20:33
that is a nice looking unit. i especially like the sheild. but you might want to reskin it. Macedonians didn't put lambdas on their sheilds. that was a spartan thing. you may want to rename it also. i dont think Macedonic is a word. here is a list of ancient greek military units to help out. i hope to so more of your work.http://members.tripod.com/~S_van_Dorst/Ancient_Warfare/Greece/greek_glossary.html

anelious phyros
06-10-2008, 21:21
I know it wasn't historical it was a first draft.
Here's a update -
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3066/2568749776_d9def936d4_o.jpg
I've changed it around a littel too. I'm using the Royal Pikemen of Macedon to be the Macedonic Elite Pikemen. I'm getting pretty far with my project -

Stats - 98%
UI - 0%
Skin - 80%
Details - 90%

I'm kinda suck on the UI thing.
I don't kow how to change it because most of everthing is in Pak files in my game.

Spartan198
06-13-2008, 10:06
Great skin as I've said before, but they're called Macedonian, not Macedonic. :sweatdrop:

filthy_peasant
06-13-2008, 23:10
hey you're really coming along with this unit! the sheild is awsome. as for the ui go to twcenter. there is a list of tools and tutorials on how to make edit and export unit cards. keep up the good work!

anelious phyros
06-14-2008, 01:23
Here's some more pics of the Macedonian Elite Hoplite.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/2570631292_f2d7017a77_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/2570630878_e8f7e8e30c_o.jpg

Flying Pig
06-14-2008, 12:13
Have you got Xpak? It deals with the .pak files. \I use it a lot, although I am the self-proclaimed Modder Most Likely to Cause a Disaster With a .PAK File. It means you can fiddle with the UI, although you then must rename your .paks. I bet there's a tutorial somewhere.

Makanyane
06-14-2008, 21:30
Have you got Xpak? It deals with the .pak files. \I use it a lot, although I am the self-proclaimed Modder Most Likely to Cause a Disaster With a .PAK File. It means you can fiddle with the UI, although you then must rename your .paks. I bet there's a tutorial somewhere.
for the really basic how to unpack it there is
http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Unpaking_Files:Step-by-Step

if you're working in a mod folder (recommended) you don't need to re-pack just have the new stuff in the mod folder and leave the packs in place in the RTW folder, but use the unpacker to get to any base information you need, like example UI cards.

anelious phyros
06-14-2008, 21:46
I have the files unpacked I just need to re-pack unless if I used a mod folder i'm guessing. But I don't think that would work because I don't know how to get the UI differences into the game. Which is why I think I need to re-pack. I think I can use Xpak for that?

Makanyane
06-14-2008, 22:47
you can use xpak to repack but I don't think you need to.

If your unit is using a new dictionary name I think it will find your new UI etc anyway from within rtw/data/ui, but best method is still to use mod-folder. To set it up in mod folder you need to copy the data/world/map/... info and the data/text files for the campaign's regions over, but that's all from the original files. Then just create the directory structure that exists within the packs so for greek_cities unit cards you'd make folder
my_mod/data/ui/unit/greek_cities/
and put new card in there.

Flying Pig
06-17-2008, 18:30
You nee to repack the interface stuff