PDA

View Full Version : campaign map editor for E:TW???

Ibn-Khaldun
06-11-2008, 07:23
There is battle map editor for RTW and M2TW but since ETW should(at least I heard so..) be easiely moddable I thought perhaps they could do a campaign map editor .. :idea2:
This could save us from going through tens of text files and needing some pic editing programs only to add 1 town.. :inquisitive:
Or is it too much to ask??:embarassed:

rajpoot
06-11-2008, 08:12
And a proper Cinematic editor. I still have trouble using the one in M2TW, there ought to be one accessible from the menu.

pevergreen
06-11-2008, 11:05
If CA starts officially supporting all of that, it gets a lot harder for them.

PBI
06-11-2008, 11:45
Just making the campaign map a bit more modding friendly would be a start. It's an absolute pain at the moment just to tweak a bit of coastline a bit, far less to make any more drastic changes; it takes forever, and it's almost impossible to avoid making errors which break the map. An actual decent editor would be a godsend; as Ibn-Khaldun points out there is already a battle editor, so I don't see why a campaign map editor would be a huge extra burden.

rajpoot
06-11-2008, 12:08
And no need for official support. Just make them as accessible as the Battle editor. They have that note in there saying CA does not provide aid or technical assistance for this and that's fine. Just incorporate it for us.

Duke John
06-12-2008, 07:23
There was a campaign editor in R:TW already. They just didn't make it accessible for the public. You can still find the user interface graphics. Asking then didn't help. Asking it for M2:TW apparently didn't help either. Good luck, guys!

Ibn-Khaldun
06-13-2008, 08:16
If they make campaign editor for E:TW then
I would be happy if I could :

- add/remove towns
- add/remove units/buildings in towns
- add/remove armies/navies and the units inside
- add/remove traits/ancillaries of the characters/agents
- change the owner of the towns .. of course

:yes:

RedFox
06-18-2008, 18:54
Ibn-Khaldun: As much as I know, that and much more was already possible with the strat_ed in RTW. Too bad they didn't include it in the final release. There are traces of a strat editor all over RTW files, along with an edit log that shows what actions were performed and according to that, pretty much anything could be done with it.
On a side note though, RTW Demo exe looked suspiciously big. Wonder if they left something in there..

Colonel Flambard
06-18-2008, 21:20
If they make campaign editor for E:TW then
I would be happy if I could :

- add/remove towns
- add/remove units/buildings in towns
- add/remove armies/navies and the units inside
- add/remove traits/ancillaries of the characters/agents
- change the owner of the towns .. of course

:yes:

What would be very good would be a view of the campaign map. On this you could have a view of all the settlements with a toggle option for the owner. Like so:

Owner: <France> You click > and it changes to Spain.

By clicking on this settlement it works like a campaign map, open up the various tabs and have everything fully customiable. Queue up troops and buildings and just purchase them (for free of course) like you would mercenaries. Also things like population should be changeable.

You should also be able to click and drag units and armies to any point on the map. This would be very good. I doubt that it would ever happen though.

WarMachine187
06-18-2008, 23:37
What would be very good would be a view of the campaign map. On this you could have a view of all the settlements with a toggle option for the owner. Like so:

Owner: <France> You click > and it changes to Spain.

By clicking on this settlement it works like a campaign map, open up the various tabs and have everything fully customiable. Queue up troops and buildings and just purchase them (for free of course) like you would mercenaries. Also things like population should be changeable.

You should also be able to click and drag units and armies to any point on the map. This would be very good. I doubt that it would ever happen though.

That would be great.I hope ca really does consider that.It would make the campain 10 x more interesting.

PBI
06-20-2008, 13:48
Definitely, I've always thought it would be fun to try a campaign with the same factions but an entirely different (and ahistorical) campaign map. It's primarily been the difficulty of editing the map that's discouraged me from doing this, so if it were possible to make huge sweeping alterations (or even just minor tinkering) to the map quickly and easily and without fear of bugs it would be fantastic.

Belgolas
06-24-2008, 03:21
I would love to have one too. Maybe do it like the civilizations map editor. Except total war and better.

I have always wanted to make my own maps but RTWs map editor was way to hard.