PDA

View Full Version : Date of Release

lestat_bcn
06-11-2008, 10:32
Hi to everyone!

I've got a question, when will be released this new mod? In the 3/4 of 2008 Empire:Total War will be released and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to try to put all these energies to the new one.

Thanks a lot

General Appo
06-11-2008, 10:57
What new one?? What the hell are you talking about.
The mod will be released when its done, no earlier. Possibly later if they feel like it, but certainly not before.

overweightninja
06-11-2008, 13:54
What new one?? What the hell are you talking about.
The mod will be released when its done, no earlier. Possibly later if they feel like it, but certainly not before.

I think he means making EBII for Empire instead of M2TW.
Not going to happen mate, the team have stated so in other threads.
Cheers

Foot
06-11-2008, 15:29
Empire may be released in the 3/4 of 2008, but it will be 2010 before the community gains the level of knowledge required to mod the game to any degree.

Furthermore, a game based upon gunpowder is likely to be unfit to represent classical warfare.

EBII will be completed on the 7th cycle of the fourth moon of the planet Gazpacho in the Antelope Nebula as it bypasses the Tuskan galaxy beyond the realm of human thought or understanding. Though it might be out a day later than that.

Foot

king hannibal
06-11-2008, 18:55
basicly in star wars terms :book: :study: tomorrow let party :happybirthday3: :birthday2: :birthday2: ~:cheers: :pimp: :belly: :dancing:

Tellos Athenaios
06-11-2008, 20:54
You seem to have overlooked a fundamental property of equivalence classes, young padwan: it could be tomorrow, but it also could be the next day that fits the equivalence relation, or the one after that or... Oh the beauty of uncountable and non-denumerable sets!

Long lost Caesar
06-13-2008, 18:16
On a more serious note, how many years until EBII is released? 1 or 2? Or...even longer?! I know you don't have an exact date, but if someone on the inside could guesstimate that'd be pretty cool. Cheers

(and of course I'm next expecting to hear "next week" or anything, I'm just genuinely wondering)

Foot
06-13-2008, 21:20
Thats not a question we can answer with any seriousness. If you've ever worked on a big mod like this you'd understand.

Foot

Ludens
06-13-2008, 21:46
To explain Foot's post, they cannot know how many people will be working on this mod next month, let alone next year. EB is a volunteer project after all. Also, in the past, a number of overenthusiastic fans tended to interpret guesses to the release date, however carefully phrased, as promises, and would complain when these dates were not met.

Zarax
06-13-2008, 21:51
You guys should try to hire DimeBagHo, I think he's got the world record for content creation speed... Most XGM players knows what I mean...

Swordmaster
06-18-2008, 00:07
It's not about speed, it's about quality. Nuff said.

sparky1978
06-18-2008, 14:17
Well if u cant give release date how about progress percentage estimates? :beam:

General Appo
06-18-2008, 22:02
Well, last I heard they had finished about 87,45% of the game, but they still weren´t sure on how the implement the new Samnite faction without causing an bug that makes all the Boii faction leaders to teleport to the Numidian capital and get killed by Arevaci assassins. But... that was in a dream, so I´m not sure you can trust it.

Hax
06-19-2008, 00:00
Well, last I heard they had finished about 87,45% of the game, but they still weren´t sure on how the implement the new Samnite faction without causing an bug that makes all the Boii faction leaders to teleport to the Numidian capital and get killed by Arevaci assassins. But... that was in a dream, so I´m not sure you can trust it.

Ought to be fixed now though. It's just waiting until CA releases the promised patch that adds 5 extra culture slots, so we can include Maurya.

General Appo
06-19-2008, 01:09
Maurya? But I thought you were gonna use those culture slots to include 5 different tribes on Gotland! You promised me you bastards! I demand 5 different tribes on Gotland, all with a unique culture. I didn´t go through all that problem with quickly making up 5 wierd names just for nothing.

delra
06-19-2008, 06:38
Will Poland have Winged Hussars in EB2?

(I couldn't resist)

Hax
06-19-2008, 10:32
Maurya? But I thought you were gonna use those culture slots to include 5 different tribes on Gotland! You promised me you bastards! I demand 5 different tribes on Gotland, all with a unique culture. I didn´t go through all that problem with quickly making up 5 wierd names just for nothing.

Appo, you fool. Of course I meant the Gotlandian Maurya. You know, with the huge Elephants that have imported Cretan Archers?

Cartaphilus
06-20-2008, 19:25
Will Poland have Winged Hussars in EB2?

(I couldn't resist)

I'll pray for that.