PDA

View Full Version : Money bonus AI

Wasntmenl
06-14-2008, 02:19
Is the AI still hardcoded that when it gets below 0 with money it will still get automaticly above the 0?
Cause its really frustrating to see that you finnally maneged to get a full stacked army with hard earned money to find out the enamy has 3 full stacked armies.:thumbsdown:

Perturabo
06-14-2008, 15:19
The basic engine is the same as EB1 (RTW + M2TW are the same engines) so I would say 99.99% sure.... however having said that.. the recruitment limitations of M2TW will make life so much more bearable with the enemy being unable to field full stacks of Elite Phalanx as a certain unnamed eastern greek nation currently likes to....

The money bonus is frustrating, however given the AI's inability to make very simple deductions (i.e. I have 2 full stacks of troops and one city, maybe I should disband a few until I have more money) means it is basically essential unfortunately. Having said that, the improved diplomacy and aforementioned recruitment limits should make life immesuarably better than in EB1.

I tried playing some M2TW mods, however my old M2TW favourite DLV has become a little strange, so I am playing EB1 exclusively again..yes, despite the horrid diplomacy and 'tard level AI its still the best by a mile :2thumbsup:

Wasntmenl
06-15-2008, 13:02
Ok thanks for the answer :D

bovi
06-20-2008, 08:02
It is certainly not hardcoded - we give the AI bonus income in the EB script in EB1. Still, we will make sure the game is a challenge, so you may expect some help for the AI in EB2 as well.

Aztec Warrior
06-22-2008, 21:26
It is certainly not hardcoded - we give the AI bonus income in the EB script in EB1. Still, we will make sure the game is a challenge, so you may expect some help for the AI in EB2 as well.

Good, the AI needs all the help they can get.