PDA

View Full Version : Similar to retrofit Mod?

Siven
06-14-2008, 13:00
Hi, its been a while since i played M2TW and back then i used to use the retrofit mod to play as it fixed a lot of things and made improvements like adding boiling oil to gates etc.

It also changed the dates and times things appear like guns so when i changed to play the game 1 year per turn they would appear at the right time.

Is Vanilla mod like that?

On another note , good work on this Mod it does sound really really good.

FactionHeir
06-14-2008, 13:06
Hi there and welcome to my forum ~:)

Retrofit and VM are quite different actually. From what I know, Retrofit induces changes made in Kingdoms to M2TW to add different siege engines, oil and Lusted's unit balance. It does not fix a host of trait/anc issues nor address things on the AI side and general game balance side as far as I am aware or changes AI profiles to have them build more intelligently which VM does, in addition to having its own unit balance.

If you change your timescale in VM, it will not adapt automatically (for that extra files and scripts are required which may require kingdoms). However, I do have a tutorial to walk people through on what to change if changing time scale to make everything fall in line.
If you have troubles doing so, I am more than happy to make those changes and upload them separately for you for the purpose of this mod.

Siven
06-14-2008, 13:40
Hmm, ive tried changing the dates so the timescales work like i want them too (1.0) but i seem to have messed something up =)

Currently reinstalling heh .

Is there any chance you could upload the right changes?

FactionHeir
06-14-2008, 13:52
Sure, you want a timescale = 1.0 version?
If so, do you want building times to stay as per 2.0 or double them? How about pop growth rates and income?

Siven
06-14-2008, 14:12
Yes 1.0 please.
hmm, leave building times as is , now pop growth and income...im not sure, i guess leave them as normal for now too.

thx

FactionHeir
06-14-2008, 14:24
Hmmm do you want events to happen when they did historically or after the same number of turn as if the game was running on 1.0?
Historically would mean that you need double the amount of time to get to things like gunpowder, mongols, timurids etc.
Otherwise they appear as usual but of course not at the proper historical date.

Siven
06-14-2008, 14:41
just as 1.0 will be fine thanks

FactionHeir
06-14-2008, 15:37
Here it is:
http://generalsun.dreamhosters.com/uploads/files/1ypt.rar

You need to first install VM 0.93, then the 0.93b emergency fix.
Once that is done, copy these files into your imperial_campaign folder.

Siven
06-14-2008, 16:52
Big thanks :)

Now time for some good ol sieges :)