PDA

View Full Version : Hero abilities

Theodotos I
06-23-2008, 18:13
With the high probability that EB2 will be based off the Kingdoms expansion to MTW2, what has been considered as regards the special abilities of the heroes? I do not presently own either MTW2 or Kingdoms, so I only know what I have seen in the previews, but the abilities seemed somehow unrealistic to me. Perhaps if I played the game, my opinion would change, but what does everyone else think? And if they are not utilized in their current form, what else could they be used for. Just interested, I’m sure the EB team will come up with something suitably imaginative, or have a just reason why the time and resources should be allocated elsewhere. Good luck to all you guys and happy modding!

Foot
06-23-2008, 19:25
Its a gaming gimic, in my opinion, and there are currently no plans to introduce them into EBIIs trait and ancillary mechanics.

Foot

Jolt
06-24-2008, 17:13
The first Hero Class (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/deathknight/gameplay.xml) is here.

Theodotos I
06-24-2008, 17:18
Its a gaming gimic, in my opinion, and there are currently no plans to introduce them into EBIIs trait and ancillary mechanics.

Foot

My feelings exactly, and the course I suspected the team would take. Like I say, I've never seen it in action, but in the previews it reminded me far too much of Empire Earth. Not exactly historically-accurate.