PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to add the mongols in beta 8

Ala al din
06-24-2008, 04:26
i'm a just asking if you can add them with no problem, no matter how ahistorical it is???

TechnoMage of Shadows
06-24-2008, 14:14
already done,
see here. the mongols invade samwars mod (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=104791)

Ala al din
06-25-2008, 21:07
by beta 8 i ment the single player and also would it be possible to add the taira,tokugawa and minamoto as well or would there be problems with adding them, for example as several tokugawa members appear as possible rulers for the imagawa.

R'as al Ghul
06-25-2008, 22:42
Hi Ala al din,

what Techno Mage has done is to write a new file that makes it possible to use the Mongols in Multiplayer. To make them available in SP they would need Provinces, a tech tree, etc.
That's not done yet. barocca and I are planning to do this for a long time and when we do it we want to do it properly. They are supposed to get the same functions as the vikings, being able to profit from tearing down buildings and plundering, etc.

The other clans Taira, Tokugawa and Minamoto are supposed to get their own campaign as they are from a different time-frame.

The problem with the names is that some clans don't have enough names yet and so some are used double. Imagawa and Tokugawa are closely related, though and therefore it's not that wrong that Tokugawa named characters appear for Imagawa.

R'as