PDA

View Full Version : LotR - Event 2 Poll

TinCow
07-01-2008, 15:17
Please respond honestly.

Ituralde
07-01-2008, 15:49
Just a little explanation for my vote:

Yes, I did criticize the event in the first place. I didn't feel an event would have been necessary just yet and to be honest I hadn't even thought of those players whose avatars are currently stuck without a province for whom this event will be a further delay until they even have a chance to secure some land for themselves, an important asset for political maneuvering in this game.

On the other hand I don't find it to be so horrific that I want to get rid of it or destroy the effort TinCow has put it in it. I like the general idea behind it and maybe the little setback will pay off in the long run!

My comments were merely meant to voice my oppinion on the matters in the hope that the points I mentioned might be considered for the next event.

Cheers!

Ituralde

deguerra
07-01-2008, 16:09
Just a quick note.

It may seem convenient that I vote for it, given that House Asteri has most of its assets far away from affected areas. But this is an OOC vote and my reasoning is OOC. I know people want those settlements, but I only just got a settlement myself and only because Zim retired, and have still managed to participate more in LotR in one term than ever in KotR where I always had a settlement.

In addition, as Ilturalde said TC put some effort into this. And having been in KotR I know expansion is inevitable and the AI needs all the help it can get. Plus, knowing how irrationally good some of the people are at battles, this will be a peace of cake.

Ferret
07-01-2008, 16:16
Actually it will affect our House a lot, if Lemon loses his place it will mean I am no longer entitled to a private army and can't have the cool name of Hypatos Hypatios.

_Tristan_
07-01-2008, 16:16
I voted "Reduce" because I think the armies as they stand are a bit overpowered notably in Belgrade and Zagreb where evrything we can have before some time are our BG, some peasants from Belgrade or Scopia and some weak mercenaries... Not much to take on full stacks with BG containing 60 men...

And there is no false modesty in this, I know I would have tremendous difficulties dealing with the situation as it is... Though I will cope if necessary...

AussieGiant
07-01-2008, 16:34
I can't see the save until Friday so I really don't want to make comment.

I'm inclined to vote for it knowing how well things are handled by TC. Plus things can be adjusted once some of the battle results are known.

Rowan
07-02-2008, 10:53
I voted a mostly symbolic No. We are still at the point where most of the electors don't have their own provinces (disclaimer: including me). I think things will naturally slow down now that we are up against other factions. Also most of the people haven't fought a single battle and now we are supposed to deal with full stacks using peasants and avatars. :furious3:

If I sound grumpy it's because I am. Sorry.