PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas

vusalgustav
07-02-2008, 07:27
It is possible that you have already discussed some of the ideas given below. In that case I do apologize but I could not find in forum.

1. Is there any possibility each faction (or group of factions) having its own currency? For instance Rome could have sestertii, Ptolemaics could have Talent, Greeks Drachm and etc.
2. Is there any possibility to implement “Supply Line Interruption” concept. I know in certain way you have already implemented this concept. But what I mean is when you are in hostile territory and enemy armies blockade roads which connect your army with friendly region then the army can get “Supply Line Interruption” trait. This could either cause unit numbers to decrease (preferably) or severely harm army morale. In ancient times most of army maneuvers were regarding securing Supply Lines of the troops.
3. If your armies operate overseas and you do not have direct land road there, then in order to supply them (again “Supply Line Interruption” trait) the player should connect the invaded province with its any own province with chain of ships (like in MTW). In order to do so, in certain places of seas and oceans should be put some kind of Influence Points. If you capture these Influence Points then adjacent provinces will be supplied from your ships. This will increase importance of Navy.
4. Is there any possibility for unit cards and battle statistics to show unit numbers in thousands rather than actual number of warriors? What I mean is in battle map we can have 240 warriors (in huge) per unit group, but in unit cards and battle statistics each warrior will be equal to 10 (or any other optimal number). In this way, one infantry unit which has 240 warriors in group will be read in unit cards and battle statistics as 2 400. The same in casualty calculations. Can you imagine battle initiation screen telling you that 30 000 army of yours have been attacked by 35 000 enemy warriors. That would be awesome. (IMHO)
5. In city screen view we can have “Grain Import” slider. Certain amount of free grain could reduce discontent among population. Grain distribution played very important role in ancient times.

PS. Sorry for my English.

Foot
07-02-2008, 09:06
1. No this is impossible. The only way it could be done is if you had one text file for each money name and swapped them before you played. Besides, in such large quantities and when dealing with goods, or precious metals pratically everyone used minai. Currency was never really an international thing back then.

2.That happens already in EBI and will likely continue. Your army, the longer it is out of friendly territory loses morale. I believe that in MTWII there are some better ways of doing it, but I'm unsure of the specifics.

3. This is impossible. We cannot invent new things in MTWII, and waypoints or "Influence Points" are new things.

4. No, this is impossible. The game automatically converts the number in export_descr_unit.txt into the number you see on screen. We cannot alter this process.

5. No, this is impossible. We cannot add new things to MTWII.

Foot

MerlinusCDXX
07-08-2008, 21:20
One part of #3 can be implemented. The "supplied by ship" suggestion, for an example, look to the "Stainless Steel" mod (in Byg Grim's supply traits)..

Majd il-Romani
08-04-2008, 21:07
I think you guys can do #5, like add a building that is "Grain dole" and its effects are
Public order bonus due to happiness: something%

Perturabo
08-05-2008, 05:06
I think you guys can do #5, like add a building that is "Grain dole" and its effects are
Public order bonus due to happiness: something%

Or convert a hippadrome or similar building from holding races/festivals to representing grain dole... Just rename the text and there you are. Might not be a bad idea for Rome I guess.