PDA

View Full Version : New Total War Podcast

Martok
07-07-2008, 01:01
Mark O'Connell put up a short podcast (http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/us/communityandforums/podcasts.html&nav=/us/6/8/) a couple days ago in which he speaks with Kate Watson, writer/designer for Empire Total War.

One of the more interesting tidbits Kate mentions is that each faction has close to 60 different diplomatic messages, and that which one they choose to use depends on what a player does and/or says to that faction. She also stated ETW has a much larger focus on diplomacy in general this time around (not that we didn't really already know that, but it's always good to hear nonetheless). :2thumbsup:

pevergreen
07-07-2008, 07:37
Interesting.

Blimey you pick up on these things faster than I do Martok.

:laugh4:

Wandarah
07-07-2008, 12:01
holy crap, kate looks like my ex.

Colonel Flambard
07-07-2008, 22:39
Wow, updates are coming thick and fast now.

Martok
07-08-2008, 08:06
I should also mention I was encouraged by Kate's mention of the "Book Fort". It shows that, if nothing else, she's been doing a fair bit of research to get the diplomatic messages and text descriptions correct. Wonder if she's been reading Clausewitz.... ~;p

Blimey you pick up on these things faster than I do Martok.

:laugh4:
....Which is even funnier when you realize that the podcast was released six days ago....and I didn't even have internet service at the time. ~D As it is, I only noticed it because I happened to check out the official site when I got my internet service back on Sunday.